• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phanphare

Banned
Tb85SVk.jpg

This is from Walmart (reddit) apparently.

hmmm, might pre order at wal mart so I can pick it up at midnight

//ARCANUM

So considering the NES Classic completely CRASHED amazon US, how bad are we expecting shit to be when Switch pre-orders go up?

Have a 24hr Walmart like five minutes from me. Might just drive over there after the Switch presentation and try to snag a pre-order if that sheet is legit. Assuming I can't get one off of Amazon.

Instro

I hope GS runs a decent trade in deal. I think I'm fine with dumping my WiiU and games to get a Switch. Theres really bot much I would go back and play again, and several of the best titles are getting upgraded ports anyway.

Lgndryhr

Shit, I never would have thought of Walmart. Luckily all the monster chains are consolidated in one consumerist hellhole near me so I'll hit them all if I have to.

This is first time Wal-Mart is doing a pre-order / pre-sell for a console. Wal-Mart threw money at Nintendo to get more quantity than GameStop. Also, GameStop and Nintendo relationship is currently on bad terms so that's why reduced quantity.

Shit. Just realized. If the release date is March 17th, that's when I'm getting married. I'll be out of town. Should I try to preorder online and make them send it to where my wedding is going to be (uncle's house)?

Shit. Just realized. If the release date is March 17th, that's when I'm getting married. I'll be out of town. Should I try to preorder online and make them send it to where my wedding is going to be (uncle's house)?
I mean, you could. But always pay in full so they give your preorder priority.

Plum

Of course. You guys at UK/Europe are in heaven. You don't have to deal with NoA's bullshit. I'm not 100% hyped for this presentation due to the madness that is going to be to preorder one here in the Americas :'(

To be fair there are fewer overall stores in Europe to distribute to. Every Gamestop in the US getting 20 Switches is still tens of thousands more overall units than every GAME in the UK getting 100.

psyfi

Banned
What are the chances of the Switch getting a normal power cable to charge it? I'm gonna want to use this thing for extended play sessions on my living room couch, and my housemate and I don't keep a TV in our living room. And if there is a power cable, will it bump the Switch out of downclocked mode like the dock does? I really hope so.

This is first time Wal-Mart is doing a pre-order / pre-sell for a console. Wal-Mart threw money at Nintendo to get more quantity than GameStop. Also, GameStop and Nintendo relationship is currently on bad terms so that's why reduced quantity.

This is good to know, thanks!

Tell her you think you'd be better as friends.

Aonuma

If the 4chan list ends up being true I can't lie that I'll be disappointed, but I was thinking "would I pay $350+ CDN to play just console Zelda and Mario on the go?" and the answer is "heck yes I would", so I guess everything else is just a bonus anyways.

CrayToes

Or you could just do what a normal person would do and cancel the wedding? Jesus man, get your priorities straight!

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm starting to wonder if I'll see gaffers already sitting outside my local Gamestop when I show up about 20 minutes before they open. I figured I would be the only one there.

PS4 Pro had a line here at gamestop.....imagine switch is going to be like riots outside the fucking door

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
If the 4chan list ends up being true I can't lie that I'll be disappointed, but I was thinking "would I pay $350+ CDN to play just console Zelda and Mario on the go?" and the answer is "heck yes I would", so I guess everything else is just a bonus anyways.

the 4chan list is not a "games on release" list.
it's a "games you're able to play at the nintendo switch event in europe"-list

weekev

Banned
Change your wedding venue to your nearest game shop or better yet have in New York at Nintendo World or whatever it's called. Job done. Happiest day of your life.....plus you'll also get married.

Skip the wedding. You can always find another bride / groom later. Console launches? Those are far more rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom