• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vgamer1

If the 4chan list ends up being true I can't lie that I'll be disappointed, but I was thinking "would I pay $350+ CDN to play just console Zelda and Mario on the go?" and the answer is "heck yes I would", so I guess everything else is just a bonus anyways.

For me it's worth it for just Zelda. ESPECIALLY if the rumor that the Wii U version is coming out weeks later is true.

Bulzeeb

Mandatory recall of Wii U's for retailers
Voluntary recall of Wii U's for consumers

Switch is just 2 wii U duck taped together confirmed, they want to recycle components to reduce cost

I wouldnt mind this as long as it could somehow read wii U disc for some games that wont get any port

PSFan

This is first time Wal-Mart is doing a pre-order / pre-sell for a console. Wal-Mart threw money at Nintendo to get more quantity than GameStop. Also, GameStop and Nintendo relationship is currently on bad terms so that's why reduced quantity.

What are you talking about? Wal-Mart had the Wii U for preorder through their layaway too. This is definitely NOT their first time doing a pre-order for a console.

LKvnJ1.gif

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If the 4chan list ends up being true I can't lie that I'll be disappointed, but I was thinking "would I pay $350+ CDN to play just console Zelda and Mario on the go?" and the answer is "heck yes I would", so I guess everything else is just a bonus anyways.

Again, that's a list of playable games (we don't know if it's complete yet, or if it's the same for public and press) at one European event (there will be different games for US events and, especially for the Japanese event).

m4st4

Shit. Just realized. If the release date is March 17th, that's when I'm getting married. I'll be out of town. Should I try to preorder online and make them send it to where my wedding is going to be (uncle's house)?

You're getting married... over Nintendo Switch launch day? LOL. Just reschedule the event, easy.

Have we seen any rumors about a different SKU? Besides comments from LKD forever ago, nothing seems to suggest we'll have more than one at launch.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
What are you talking about? Wal-Mart had the Wii U for preorder through their layaway too. This is definitely NOT their first time doing a pre-order for a console.

He said above that he was told it was the first time that it's been a corporate wide preorder in every store.

Before it varied store to store on whether they did preorders or not.

Only time I got a console at launch from Walmart was GCN. They didn't do preorders and I decided near launch to get one day one. Just lined up inside around 9pm for the midnight release.

Lgndryhr

Shit. Just realized. If the release date is March 17th, that's when I'm getting married. I'll be out of town. Should I try to preorder online and make them send it to where my wedding is going to be (uncle's house)?

It is launching March 17th in NA. I am hearing worldwide, but I am hesitant to agree on that.

Bulzeeb

in the gift list post a new Switch, if someone brings that to you, you will make sure to make that person sit at your side during the whole ceremony

KooopaKid

Banned
I wonder what's the crazy new IP? 1 2 Switch, Arms or Snipperclips?
1 2 Switch doesn't scream franchise like Splatoon, Snipperclips seems like a small 2p game (How could he tell it was a small game?). I'm betting on Arms. It would mean it's not developed by Platinum but internally.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
How much money would I have to put down if I were to preorder off Amazon?

What are the chances of the Switch getting a normal power cable to charge it? I'm gonna want to use this thing for extended play sessions on my living room couch, and my housemate and I don't keep a TV in our living room. And if there is a power cable, will it bump the Switch out of downclocked mode like the dock does? I really hope so.
Looks like the dock has a power brick of some sort, but the tablet charges via usb-c outside the dock.

Repeating this again so I don't get lost. Any word on a "deluxe" bundle? I haven't seen any retailer or reporter suggest a second SKU besides LKD. I respect and trust all of her work but this one rumor doesn't seem too likely now.

Coda

I'm kind of afraid to order from Amazon because of them being like "We've ran out of stock or expected more units" kind of thing. But I'd rather have it just show up at my door instead of wait in line at my local gamestop.

Is Rösti still doing a separate keynote OT, or is this the thread?

What are the chances of the Switch getting a normal power cable to charge it? I'm gonna want to use this thing for extended play sessions on my living room couch, and my housemate and I don't keep a TV in our living room. And if there is a power cable, will it bump the Switch out of downclocked mode like the dock does? I really hope so.

It's all USB-C, so any 5V wall wart (capable of enough juice, e.g. something like iPad) should do. W.r.t. clock, no one knows. There's always the issue of heat.

Lgndryhr

Repeating this again so I don't get lost. Any word on a "deluxe" bundle? I haven't seen any retailer or reporter suggest a second SKU besides LKD. I respect and trust all of her work but this one rumor doesn't seem too likely now.

I've heard to expect bundles at launch, but none of my sources will expand on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom