• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am completely disinterested in any Smash game that discards the breadth of the roster for some new drastic game mechanics. Just make a new series.

I don't think people understand that the appeal of Smash 4 is the size and balance of the roster. There is so much to do and see in battle with the cast, and that's what the most fun part of Smash is. Add more and more until you can't anymore as long as there's balance, I say.

Griss

It ain't Smash Bros. if you move away from the platform fighter concept.

I wouldn't mind a change in direction that skewed the gameplay back to the more faster, technical depth of Melee all while fixing some of the really bad characters like Ganondorf and Zelda (I basically described Project M woo woo woo) but nothing ridiculous like making it into a 3D fighter or something. Might as well be taking Tekken and making it 2D.

Personally, after playing it on and off for over a decade, I need something new. What more can they do with the formula to differentiate Smash 5 on switch from Smash 4 on switch, you know?

For the next console after Switch, sure, do a traditional Smash. But I just don't think it makes sense for Switch.

And yes, if we were tweaking the game I'd want it to be more like Melee as well. I also find the current character roster way too bloated. I'm a fan of smaller rosters.

I am completely disinterested in any Smash game that discards the breadth of the roster for some new drastic game mechanics. Just make a new series.

I don't think people understand that the appeal of Smash 4 is the size and balance of the roster. There is so much to do and see in battle with the cast, and that's what the most fun part of Smash is. Add more and more until you can't anymore as long as there's balance, I say.

Ha, just saw this. You have the diametrically opposite opinion to what I just posted :)

Does anyone know WHEN Walmart is doing their in-store preorders? My Walmart is a 24hr one so need to know if I need to be in line before the presentation or wait until tomorrow.

derb2k2

Neo Member
have there been any rumors on any potential Metroid games? I've been out of the loop but if there's a new Metroid, I'll seriously consider getting the Switch

SuperSah

Banned
I AM FUCKING HYPED

I was never excited but omg we're so close! I'm drinking energy drinks to get me ready for dat 4am show.

I NEED an Amazon preorder in. Don't let me down!

NateDrake

Confused on this though, would there need to be a preorder spot available to get a trade in deal...?

If it's like previous trade-in promos, you get a higher trade-in value when putting it towards a Switch pre-order. If no pre-orders are available then you'll probably only get the standard value. Or so I would think.

Zooport

Neo Member
Welp.

I guess I'm just going to get an early night and be up at 6am, watch the show whilst waiting for the Amazon UK pre order to go live :D

have there been any rumors on any potential Metroid games? I've been out of the loop but if there's a new Metroid, I'll seriously consider getting the Switch

Rumors its in dev. unknown developer and unknown if it will be shown today or E3.

Just rumors tho. Take with a grain of salt

Who in gods name is Bluster Kong?

He doesn't know?!

tumblr_n2sgymuWmw1twq6b2o1_1280.jpg

BizzyBum

Ideally an online Best Buy order with in-store pickup.

If not that, then Walmart or GameStop, depending on which store is more practical for in-store pre-orders once they open.

And if neither of those is viable, or if pre-orders open earlier online, I'll finally buy a Prime subscription and go through Amazon.

Hmm, this sounds like a good plan. I'm just afraid every pre-order site is going to crash within the first minute. lol

I'd be all for the game as service approach for MK and Smash personally. Splatoon as well if they go full MP only with it (other than the existing SP campaign of course).

Same. I think all of these games could continue to be iterated on until they come up with a brand-new structure for each or are ready to develop a version that can't be done with existing specs.

I think all three of these games deserve a shot at a freemium option, too, where you can try out the multiplayer parts of the game (with barebones content) for free.

Kind of like the Smash 3DS demo or the Splatoon Testfire (3-4 characters in Smash, starting weapons/gear only for Splatoon), but that also offers you the option to transfer your player data to the full game, and that isn't a limited-time thing.

SuperSah

Banned
Having updates to MK rather than entire new games seems like a great idea.

So excited to see those beautiful graphics on Switch. MK has some of the finest character models and use of colours around.

GUYS I'M SO HYPE

ultrazilla

So GameStop just screwed all of us who got on the "pre-pre-order" list. Just got the call preorders go live at 10am when Gamestops open, allocations will be posted late tonite or tomorrow morning. First come, first serve. This is after I was repeatedly assured by the manager that our names would be carried over to the official preorder list with a small time window to get to the store to get it locked down. So, I was lied to by GameStop. After my fiasco with their online order, I should have learned.

Good luck out there and I'll be done with GameStop. /salty

Bought a tonne of coke (the fizzy liquid not the powder) to keep me up til 4am, am I gonna put vodka in it or is that asking for trouble (me passing out early)

So GameStop just screwed all of us who got on the "pre-pre-order" list. Just got the call preorders go live at 10am when Gamestops open, allocations will be posted late tonite or tomorrow morning. First come, first serve. This is after I was repeatedly assured by the manager that our names would be carried over to the official preorder list with a small time window to get to the store to get it locked down. So, I was lied to by GameStop. After my fiasco with their online order, I should have learned.

Lol why would you think you would be able to be up on the list early wtf..

Hot damn, sorry to hear about that! I got myself on a call list for Gamestop, but they were super upfront that it just meant they'd call us with details first. Sounds pretty crappy that the people at that store promised something they couldn't do. I always research stuff ahead of time so I honestly can't remember the last time I went to any store and asked for info like that.

I worked in retail for years and I've been in too many situations where we just weren't given info we needed. Either that or you just have lame people who promise things they can't deliver on. Nothing mad me more annoyed as a customer/coworker.

Somnia

GameStop not in the US I assume? Because GameStop in the US did no such "pre-pre order" for Switch unless it was just your store and they f'd you over.

A lot of stores did do a "we'll call you list" to let you know when they were taking pre-orders, but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom