• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you guys like (fake) leaks.

C1NzhMxVEAUUX7S.jpg:small

As someone who hasn't really been following this thread or the switch, what are the chances of online pre-orders tonight?

(Never pre-ordered a console before)

Local GameStop is doing preorders at 10 AM, dude predicts a line outside. Can't guarantee the number of slots until opening that day

Well, guess I'm getting in line and watching the Treehouse stream from there

13ruce

Banned
It's 2 am and I coudn't get any sleep. I was almost there.
Fuuuuuuck me.

I 'm drinking tea gonna eat a few eggs on bread now helps me stay awake and not feel to tired i am just to excited for this for sleep.

Also 2 am here.

My plan was to sleep until 5 am but yeah that failed.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I hear you guys like (fake) leaks.

C1NzhMxVEAUUX7S.jpg:small

That's interesting, because I noticed in the footage of Mario Switch where he's running through that fortress there appears to be ice (or some sort of reflective surface) in the background. The whole game involving a "frozen" motif is far-off but slightly supported if you looked closely.

That's interesting, because I noticed in the footage of Mario Switch where he's running through that fortress there appears to be ice (or some sort of reflective surface) in the background. The whole game involving a "frozen" motif is far-off but slightly supported if you looked closely.
Frost Land just seems like such a generic title...

AmyS

HUntHcB.jpg

"This has more to do with how the teams are divided amongst Sega as a company," he notes. "Up until now, M2 has been focused on 8-bit and 16-bit ports, whereas Dreamcast and Saturn titles were done by staff that were assigned to those games from teams like AM2 or Sega of China. The idea behind that was to make these porting lines run as efficiently as possible, with the teams learning the know-how behind specific systems."

"At the time, if M2 had researched porting Model 2 or 3 on their own and come to Sega for that, we’d have told them we already had teams assigned to it, or the market isn’t right at the time. That said, that sort of corporate direction has ended recently, and M2’s is the only port line that really exists anymore. There’s a possibility that ports for Model 3 could continue on their side."

"Model 3 might actually be easier than Model 2," says Horii. "We’re obviously interested, but Sega would have to make the business call there. We’ve mostly been focusing on getting Game Gear and 3D Classics working, so there hasn’t really been any time to research much outside of that. If the opportunity presented itself, I’d certainly consider it."

"Over the past 11 years of the Sega Archive Project, M2 has slowly crept its way through SEGA hardware history, learning each system one by one," says Okunari. "As the hardware evolves, external chips get brought in, and the boards themselves get powered up - but a lot of the core programming is the same. Their studies are evolving along with the hardware itself. They’ve entered the 1990s, so perhaps we’ll continue along that route."

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...created_3D_versions_of_classic_Sega_games.php

Please make this happen on Switch!

i.e.

TWM1nLc.jpg

R0ckman

Luckily a very bad storm is hitting my area tonight and tomorrow and it will be below freezing. I live in walking distance of GameStop, this will be a joke to get.

HylianTom

Banned
Why is this thread moving so slowly?

My guess: some are trying to nap right now, before the event starts.

Once the event ends, many will be too hyped to go to sleep. So they'll stay up, not running the risk of sleeping-in since they need to head over to GameStop, WalMart, etc for 6, 7, 8AM preorder lines.

Well, an hour to go?

I want to see real games. Games that will come out soon and a good mix of new and old. Metroid Prime please.

wait when is this conference? Isn't it today in an hour? I saw a countdown last night that said 13 hours away.

evanmisha

It's definitely Fire Emblem Musou. There's just a treasure trove of potential characters and you could make clones without much pushback from fans.

NEPHENEE OR RIOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom