• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So stopped at my local GameStop to see when they were taking preorders tomorrow for the Switch and he said 10am, but then proceeded to tell me that his employees are planning to buy them too.

Which is fine, he even said they will wait in line which is even more respectable, but then he said that they will be able to get there earlier since they work there...

Sooo are they letting them in first and defeating the purpose of a line? A little pissed about that aspect, especially after he told me they can only guarantee the first 10 in line..

A+ Lexington, SC.

If you report this to GameStop corporate, dude would probably get fired. That's completely against their policy.

AmyS

Confirmed: Nintendo has fucked it up again. "Extremely limited quantities"

MgHhviZ.png

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/

I wouldn't put any stock in that, no pun intended.

NateDrake

So stopped at my local GameStop to see when they were taking preorders tomorrow for the Switch and he said 10am, but then proceeded to tell me that his employees are planning to buy them too.

Which is fine, he even said they will wait in line which is even more respectable, but then he said that they will be able to get there earlier since they work there...

Sooo are they letting them in first and defeating the purpose of a line? A little pissed about that aspect, especially after he told me they can only guarantee the first 10 in line..

A+ Lexington, SC.

I think you may have misunderstood what they meant. I think they meant the employees would be there early because they work there - as in they'll be there at 7am and prior to anyone else. Not that they are cutting the line ahead of people. Could be wrong, but that is how I took it to mean based on your description. If not, the store manager could be fired for doing that type of thing.

If you report this to GameStop corporate, dude's probably going to get fired. That's completely against their policy.
I know it's against policy to reserve, but what if you show up outside of your shift before anyone else? Is that still against policy? If they're not cutting in line, I don't see the issue. You just need to show up before they do.

Baleoce

10 bucks says the new metroid is a 2d title

Bring it. It does raise a good point though. Might we see an even ratio of console-experience games to handheld from Nintendo tonight? Perhaps in order to show it really is a multipurpose device.

I guess it's a bit of a weird question, as a game can be anything on any device. But I guess I just mean, grand-scale games, and on-the-go experiences.

I think you may have misunderstood what they meant. I think they meant the employees would be there early because they work there - as in they'll be there at 7am and prior to anyone else. Not that they are cutting the line ahead of people. Could be wrong, but that is how I took it to mean based on your description. If not, the store manager could be fired for doing that type of thing.

I wish, because I asked him to clarify, he said 3 working and the other 5 would be showing up to reserve one as well...

Caught me off guard too. Anyways it will be what it is, just a little frustrating is all, will probably try the Best Buy too.

Planning to go into Gamestop tomorrow and wait in line. Is 7-8a for a 10a open gonna be too late?

I was planning about 6a. It seemed to work for all those Amiibo I wanted, so it should be an adequate amount of time to secure my pre-order. I plan to pre-order a Switch Pro Controller too. I have a feeling those will be really hard to come by.

So any info on what stores are doing tomorrow. I know GS will be taking preorders, what about Best Buy? What's going on with online, do they go up tonight?

chadboban

Oh man there I was in my room getting a hell of a message from a gorgeous man and all I can think is "I can't wait, the Switch presentation is in 4 hours!" WTF is wrong with me!?

All I'm hoping for is the first good Metroid game in 15+ years... And a Super Mario 64 remake... And of course for BOTW to be really really awesome

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Fire Emblem Musou, please & thank you.

There was a thread years ago (pre-Hyrule Warriors) where someone posted that idea and was laughed at.

I thought it made sense and I'll be glad to see him vindicated. Hope he bumps that thread if/when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom