• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

BritGAF here. I've just given up on trying to nap until 3:30am; the hype is just too real and I've done all nighters before. 3 hours seems so far away but so close at the same time, it's crazy. Gonna play some Hitman whilst I wait.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
products_image2-2583-d.jpg

THE HYPE!

//ARCANUM

If third party games start releasing on Switch in addition to PS4 and Xbox ONE (both of which I have), I might actually start getting them on Switch (even if graphics aren't as good) just for the portability factor. It's just such a game changer for me.

Theosmeo

Toad.T

Banned
I'm conflicted. I want to feel the full breadth of the hype flow through me, but I also don't want to deal with the aftermath of any disappointments that may come. (You're lying if you think there won't be at least some low points)

This shouldn't affect me this much, it's just a games console. But damn it, I can't help it.

CazTGG

What game will it take for you to be in for a Switch? For me, it's a new entry in the following:

-Pulseman
-Wars
-Starfy

If one of those has a new game, i'm in for Day 1 because i'm a weak fool.

Biske

The Amazon page I'm looking at (and have been all day) doesn't have the "extremely limited quantities" warning.

I'm kind of hoping for some kind of initial snafu or lack of awareness with the general populace. Will make it way easier to get for the rest of us who really want one ahahahaha.

Choomp

Banned
The thought of Gamecube VC alone gets me hyped.

svvwSkV.jpg

PwwjNHQ.png

ImBAmLt.jpg

Man, that gets me super excited too. Playing Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing and stuff on that thing holy fuck

When was the last time GAF got this hyped for something? I think just the way this event is coming together is awesome, all the game journo dudes we love gathering in NY, all of GAF on edge waiting. This is gonna be fun.

So stopped at my local GameStop to see when they were taking preorders tomorrow for the Switch and he said 10am, but then proceeded to tell me that his employees are planning to buy them too.

Which is fine, he even said they will wait in line which is even more respectable, but then he said that they will be able to get there earlier since they work there...

Sooo are they letting them in first and defeating the purpose of a line? A little pissed about that aspect, especially after he told me they can only guarantee the first 10 in line..

A+ Lexington, SC.

Why would Nintendo market Splatoon 2 as "its a sequel now. you need to buy it now"?

That just seems like something they wouldn't do. And people who never played Splatoon one for the Wii U will miss out now? It just doesn't seem like Nintendo would do that.

Freaking bullshit.

Were you expecting Switches to flow like wine at launch? Even if NoA nails allocations for NA, quantities will be limited. It's the launch of a new system.

Of course, they could screw this up, but that page isn't confirmation of much.

hatchx

Banned
So stopped at my local GameStop to see when they were taking preorders tomorrow for the Switch and he said 10am, but then proceeded to tell me that his employees are planning to buy them too.

Which is fine, he even said they will wait in line which is even more respectable, but then he said that they will be able to get there earlier since they work there...

Sooo are they letting them in first and defeating the purpose of a line? A little pissed about that aspect, especially after he told me they can only guarantee the first 10 in line..

A+ Lexington, SC.

Goddamn, I think I'll line up at 6am, not even kidding.

VanWinkle

Will walmart.com be doing preorders? They don't seem to have a listing for the console yet. I would prefer to preorder there so I can get 10% off.

Mortemis

Banned
About to go to class and I can't focus. We're so damn close!

I'm gonna listen to Kingdom Hearts Music leading up to the event for good luck

I don't know what I'd do with myself if the KH collections (or KH anything) got announced for the Switch. Imagine KH2FM on the go. 😩

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom