• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRausch

Probably be answered a million times, but:

Got my switch today and it won't connect to the internet at all. Tried 2.4 and tried 5.

Shut off the security completely to download the firmware update (and the Zelda update) and still no dice.

What's up with that?

Anyone?

Formless

Switched to full RGB mode and it seemed to help colors a bit (using computer monitor). Wish I knew this before as certain colors in Zelda seem better.

You have to call. I searched the website for a solid hour and there is literally no possible way to do it online.

Is it bad that I'm tempted to blow money on blue joycons while I wait for my grey ones to be repaired?

If I could find somewhere selling the Blue L/R I would buy them too, after I saw Tim from KF and how he had his blue Switch set-up I think it looks great and have wanted to do the same.

Vitacat

Snipperclips is no longer showing up on the eshop for me. Weird.

I can get to it from the news item link, but it's not in the eshop game list.

Anyone else?

jonno394

Anyone else?

The eshop has a limit to how many titles it displays as "available" or "just released" or whatever it's called. If you search for it with the search function it should be there.

Eshop really needs an overhaul soon so you can display genres etc

Has anyone had a problem with the switch powering on after not being used and left in the dock for about a week. Had to plug the AC adapter directly into it to get it to power on. It's fully charged.

abbyabs

I just got my Switch, connected to wifi, downloaded the update real fast (2 min), but I've been unable to enter the eshop yet. I enter my account information and when trying to log in get error message 2124-5002. I've restarted several times, tried logging in with my Nintendo Account, email...to no avail.
Any help?

I got it to work instead of logging in clicked create and send email instructions, i then got an email asking to link the account with code i put in the switch.

good luck

Glix

Has anyone had a problem with the switch powering on after not being used and left in the dock for about a week. Had to plug the AC adapter directly into it to get it to power on. It's fully charged.

Something very weird is going on. They switch cannot power down in the dock so it must have been asleep? And then froze?

I did have a hard freeze once when i was watching a video from "news" and put it to sleep. When I woke it back up I was on the subway and had no internet. It freaked out.

Nah, works great without any security.

Can you change the security on the router? At work we use WPA2-Enterprise and I can't get on with Switch (obviously). I think any security that needs the device to download a certificate or anything like that will cause an issue.

correojon

I got it to work instead of logging in clicked create and sent email instructions, i then got an email asking to link the account with code i put in the switch.

good luck
Thanks, I finally managed to get in as well without doing anything new, I guess the Splatoon Test Fire was messing things up. Everything's working fine now :)

Vitacat

The eshop has a limit to how many titles it displays as "available" or "just released" or whatever it's called. If you search for it with the search function it should be there.

Eshop really needs an overhaul soon so you can display genres etc

Thanks. Yeah, they need to do some work on it, for sure.

TheExodu5

Banned
This Zelda download is going to take hours, damn.

Would be nice to have an ETA on the download page.

Looks like it's going at about 2.6MB/s. Not as bad as I expected. About on par with what I get from Sony. Way behind what I can get from Valve (10-70MB/s).

Probably be answered a million times, but:

Got my switch today and it won't connect to the internet at all. Tried 2.4 and tried 5.

Shut off the security completely to download the firmware update (and the Zelda update) and still no dice.

What's up with that?

Have you tried setting up a hotspot via your smartphone? Maybe the Switch can connect to that to get you that first update that hopefully fixes that issue for you.

jts

...hate me...

Anyone else?
It's the same for me.

The eShop is so bad right now at any rate, really.

Recent releases, soon available, redeem a code, and search. That's it for me.

What about a storefront? I understand that filters for so few games would be pointless now but seriously. That Snipperclips situation is amazing. I'm guessing next week when new games hit more games will fall off from the recentelly released list?

Hoping for a major summer update, as this is dire.

edit: held this reply on my phone for too long it seems.

So strange, it looks like I suddenly have scratches on my amFilm screen protector. I'm 99.9999 percent sure when I installed it 2 weeks ago the install was flawless, so I don't think it's dust particles under the screen. How in the world does that happen?

Yo, has this happened to anyone too? I thought tempered glass was supposed to be almost scratch proof?

Something very weird is going on. They switch cannot power down in the dock so it must have been asleep? And then froze?

I did have a hard freeze once when i was watching a video from "news" and put it to sleep. When I woke it back up I was on the subway and had no internet. It freaked out.
That's weird. Seems to be working fine now. Hope long does the power button need to be held down to power cycle it. I held it for over 10 seconds that should've rebooted it right?

Splatoon with split joycons is heaven. Motion controls work so well!

It's sometimes a little cumbersom to steer your gamepad on WiiU, because you move the whole controller when aiming with motion.

On Switch, I just wave my hand so effortlessy. It's like I'm waving a magic wand that spits ink all over the surfaces. Fabulous, I must say!

I'm loving the split setup, played Splatoon in the tabletop mode and everything worked just fine. The stand is actually pretty solid for me, you just need to wiggle it a little bit after setting up. It kind of locks down then, or gets a better grip or something.

Too bad my headphones has that annoying phone cord, that twirly swirly kind. Need to use my inears then... Oh, and speaking of headphones, I have no problems with sound levels, I keep sounds at approx 1/3 and it is enough. If I go louder, it's because my son is going full Hulk/Flash (depending on mood) in the house. Works just well, and everything sounds so good! Even the speakers are among the best I've heard in that form (tablets etc.).

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
It's the same for me.

The eShop is so bad right now at any rate, really.

Recent releases, soon available, redeem a code, and search. That's it for me.

What about a storefront? I understand that filters for so few games would be pointless now but seriously. That Snipperclips situation is amazing. I'm guessing next week when new games hit more games will fall off from the recentelly released list?

Hoping for a major summer update, as this is dire.

edit: held this reply on my phone for too long it seems.

Today's the system's three week anniversary and all signs point to this being a (super) soft launch. The eShop will be refined in a future update for sure.

NeoRausch

Can you change the security on the router? At work we use WPA2-Enterprise and I can't get on with Switch (obviously). I think any security that needs the device to download a certificate or anything like that will cause an issue.

Oh wait... It can't handle WPA2?
1. WOT?!
2. that would explain a lot.

Have you tried setting up a hotspot via your smartphone? Maybe the Switch can connect to that to get you that first update that hopefully fixes that issue for you.
Already downloaded the 2.0 firmware via open network. Didn't help.

Try setting the IP etc. manually with security on.
That's a good advice. Gonna try that tomorrow! Thanks!

jts

...hate me...
Today's the system's three week anniversary and all signs point to this being a (super) soft launch. The eShop will be refined in a future update for sure.

I understand that, and I'm even ok with the soft launch. But they need to nail the basic functionality down.

The ability to show all the games available in the eShop should have been a design specification even for version 1.0. It's not like it's something that needs huge resources and time. The bare minimum would be a list of all the games available from A to Z.

Right now, it's insane that the Switch has like under 20 games available and fails to show them all in the eShop. And what's worse is that the one that is not showing is a game that Nintendo are publishing and heavily promoting, that has a demo, that is bundled with controllers. It's absurd.

I really think it's an unintended effect of a poor design and they will have to hot fix it ASAP, as they realise it. I mean it's bad right now but and they don't want Zelda to follow in the next weeks as well I'm sure.

Shahed

I'm going to be borrowing a friends Switch to play Zelda and was wondering about a few things. Is there a limit to the amount of profiles you can create on the device? Also as for Nintendo ID'S go I created mine a while back using the online portal. Are they easy to put on the Switch, and also remove the accounts before we send it back? Or does it not matter at the moment since the online stuff isn't ready?

Am I misinformed but is there no physical version of I am setsuna? Was going to bite despite mixed reviews but if it is digital only and I'm stuck with it I'm out.

I also can't find any info on why Binding of Isaac is 3 times more expensive than the vita version I bought forever ago? My friend was interested but I can't figure it out.

Finally turned on the Switch for the first time since launch day. Never turned it on before! It's really cool!

..Huh? You turned it on for the first time since you never turned it on?

Am I misinformed but is there no physical version of I am setsuna? Was going to bite despite mixed reviews but if it is digital only and I'm stuck with it I'm out.

I also can't find any info on why Binding of Isaac is 3 times more expensive than the vita version I bought forever ago? My friend was interested but I can't figure it out.

Binding of Isaac Afterbirth + contains all the DLC, that's why.

The only physical version of I Am Setsuna is the Japanese version.

..Huh? You turned it on for the first time since you never turned it on?
Sorry my English really sucks sometimes haha!

Bought the Switch on launch day but I had never turned it on until today. So today is the first day I actually got to play The Switch.

Hopefully that makes more sense!
Which apparently has all the English language stuff baked in if you want to import it.

Some folks even printed up custom English covers.
Ooh really? Is there a site for that?

chekhonte

/
Are you getting an error message or anything?

There seems to be a couple of problems people are having. Some people are getting an error code when trying to connect. Others just time out with out an error code. When I first got my switch it would just time out. Finally I held down the power button and hard reset the switch and when it booted I was able to connect to my router.

TheExodu5

Banned
Is there any way to remove that "Press the same button three times" screen? I don't understand why Home can't just take me to the home screen.

I came back to this thread to update my post, and it seems I got two responses in the meantime! I managed to fix the issue by actually turning the system off and on like what Protome did. (I also unplugged it from the wall for 30 seconds, but I'm not sure if that was necessary.) My system gave no indication that I was offline, so I would try restarting the system, WiiRevolution1.
Yep that worked. Thanks!

Really weird tho. Like is the system subtly using up more ram until it doesn't have enough to connect to the eShop? lol. Hopefully Nintendo becomes aware of the issue and is fixed soon.

killroy87

Is there any way to remove that "Press the same button three times" screen? I don't understand why Home can't just take me to the home screen.

Honestly, I wish you could change it to "press this specific three button sequence". It's unlocked in my bag before because the natural repetitive motion of walking has pushed the same button three times

NeoRausch

/
Are you getting an error message or anything?

There seems to be a couple of problems people are having. Some people are getting an error code when trying to connect. Others just time out with out an error code. When I first got my switch it would just time out. Finally I held down the power button and hard reset the switch and when it booted I was able to connect to my router.

No error message. But rebooting is probably not the worst idea.

Iced

Has anyone heard if Nintendo plans on selling the neon system joycons separately? Just not a fan of the left one being red and the right one being blue (I know how stupid that sounds, but it's true).

Also, does anyone know if the left joycon issues will have been ironed out for any recent systems being sold? I managed to get an order in with Best Buy today, and I'm hoping I won't have to worry about it.

Epcott

Is there a way to get that fancy Switch boot up screen with the red and blue that slide to the sides of the screen (or is it only on first boot up)?

Also, how can one turn off password prompt for eShop? It asks every friggin time I go in. It's maddening 😤

Is there a way to get that fancy Switch boot up screen with the red and blue that slide to the sides of the screen (or is it only on first boot up)?

Also, how can one turn off password prompt for eShop? It asks every friggin time I go in. It's maddening 😤

Pretty sure you can change that eShop option in the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom