• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo

Pretty sure you can change that eShop option in the settings.

Yup, also when I used eShop the first time it asked me if I want to have it on or off. It's in the settings inside eShop, click your icon in upper right corner and change the option there.

led4lyfe

My Switch out of the box didn't have functional wifi at all. Could not locate any access points despite there being dozens in my area. I bought an USB Ethernet adaptor to get a wired connection in order to update my firmware, once I did that my wifi worked fine.

Is there any way to remove that "Press the same button three times" screen? I don't understand why Home can't just take me to the home screen.

You can disable screen locking so you won't have to press the same button the times to unlock. That was one of the first things I did.

this happened to me today. everything has been fine since launch day, but out of nowhere, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNqQG1RkVoQ

This happened to my Wii U Gamepad a few weeks back. Not sure what happened but it worked itself out after a while.

Yeah my Switch speakers were distorting one night, I thought it was a permanent issue, but then the next day they were fine and have been fine since.

abbyabs

Turns out my switch has joy con connection issues :( has anyone body sent theirs to nintendo for repair? do they require the whole console or just the joy cons?

Sanchito

So anyone here have error 2153-0321 yet? Happened today after a few hours of unlocked play. Causes an error message to appear and won't go away after rebooting. Oddly enough, after some light googling, plugging in some headphones in the headphone jack will allow the system to boot up. Taking the headphones out, however, will make the error message come up again.

I've called Nintendo and they are going to replace the system for free. Thing is, I put in like 30 hours in Zelda. FML.

Coketruck

Turns out my switch has joy con connection issues :( has anyone body sent theirs to nintendo for repair? do they require the whole console or just the joy cons?

Sent my left Joycon in. They only require the controller. They fixed it and returned the repaired controller to me within days.

Durden77

Snipperclips fucking OWNS. Like I figured it would be cool but seriously if you have someone to play games with often you HAVE to get this. Me and my gf have been having a blast with it. Figuring out how to make cogs turn last night made us want to pump our fists.

I'm dumb when it comes to powering this thing. What I need is basically the AC adapter, except not $30 and longer.

The way my kids play the Wii U quite often is with the gamepad while it's plugged in. That cord is about 8? feet long. I've read the Switch AC adapter is only about 6 feet. No bueno.

So what are my options/what specifically do I need to buy? I'm in the US.

Edit: If the only good option is the official Nintendo one, can I just buy some type of usb c to usb c extension cord?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Library so far.

C7unzcJVAAAPmiR.jpg:large

F34R

Anyone getting connection issues now? Can't open the e shop

Just checked... connecting just fine for me. I'm in the US, connecting to the. US store.

edit:
Just for the sake of thoroughness lol, I attempted to purchase a game (Fast RMX) to make sure the eShop is working properly. hehe. 24% downloading now. hehe

The ability to show all the games available in the eShop should have been a design specification even for version 1.0. It's not like it's something that needs huge resources and time. The bare minimum would be a list of all the games available from A to Z.

Right now, it's insane that the Switch has like under 20 games available and fails to show them all in the eShop.

Advanced Search will list everything in the store and allow you to organise the list by name, date released, price low-to-high and price high-to-low.
It's unintuitive of course but the functionality is there.

Vena

Heads up for anyone who happens to get a million to one odds issue like me: dust under screen.

I am sending mine in for repair, and they gave me overnight shipping (to and from) so that I can have it back as soon as possible. They also fully cover the shipping cost (and repairs) so long as you're under warranty.

golem

I'm dumb when it comes to powering this thing. What I need is basically the AC adapter, except not $30 and longer.

The way my kids play the Wii U quite often is with the gamepad while it's plugged in. That cord is about 8? feet long. I've read the Switch AC adapter is only about 6 feet. No bueno.

So what are my options/what specifically do I need to buy? I'm in the US.

Edit: If the only good option is the official Nintendo one, can I just buy some type of usb c to usb c extension cord?

It comes with the ac adapter. If you need a longer usb c cord you can just buy an extension cord yes

Whoa, the night mode background is the same shade of grey as NeoGAF's night-mode background. It's like it just melds in.

It's not the same shade on my display. Your screen/calibration must suck.

I'm viewing this on an OLED phone screen. Wonder if it looks the same on LCD.

Tubie

128gb SD card should be good enough right? I plan to buy most of my Switch games physical, just want some space for when digital is the only option or makes more sense.

I'm also looking at cases on Amazon, so I would appreciate some recommendations.

128gb SD card should be good enough right? I plan to buy most of my Switch games physical, just want some space for when digital is the only option or makes more sense.

I'm also looking at cases on Amazon, so I would appreciate some recommendations.
Why buy an SD card now when you're not likely to need it for a while to come? If you're buying most games physical then the 29GB available on the system should last you a good while for digital-only purchases, and by the time you need to buy an SD card a 128GB will be cheaper or you can buy a larger card for the same money.

Kudo

It's not the same shade on my display. Your screen/calibration must suck.

I'm viewing this on an OLED phone screen. Wonder if it looks the same on LCD.

No, it actually is the exact same color, #2d2d2d. Mobile could have different shades though but at least on desktop.

Pokemaniac

Oh wait... It can't handle WPA2?
1. WOT?!
2. that would explain a lot.

Already downloaded the 2.0 firmware via open network. Didn't help.

That's a good advice. Gonna try that tomorrow! Thanks!

WPA2 != WPA2 enterprise. The Switch supports the former. Pretty much no game console supports the latter.

Malus

Because I've never taken Zelda out of the switch I've just now noticed that the game icon remains even after removing the game. It's a small thing but I like it.

Because I've never taken Zelda out of the switch I've just now noticed that the game icon remains even after removing the game. It's a small thing but I like it.

Also you can take out the cart and put it back in while the game is suspended without crashing the game, I think. That's nice.

Any solution to the Switch not charging? No charging indicator and the battery is slowing draining. Unfortunately don't have an extra adapter to rule that out (or in).

watershed

Banned
Is the eshop down for anyone else? I played during the Splatoon 2 Global Testfire with no connection issues, no drops, nothing.

But now I can't log into the eshop. I don't know what's up.

rpmurphy

Is the eshop down for anyone else? I played during the Splatoon 2 Global Testfire with no connection issues, no drops, nothing.

But now I can't log into the eshop. I don't know what's up.
I was just browsing the NA and JP eShop like 10 minutes ago, no problems then.

OmegaFax

Are people creating multiple accounts on their system for different regions or simply changing the region from the account settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom