• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
new with switch... one question guys: It is ok if I play in docked mode meanwhile the switch is charging? It is bad for the battery?

ps yup I know my english is bad ;p

No it's perfectly fine, the Switch is designed so you can do that.

And your English is fine enough :p

jokkir

new with switch... one question guys: It is ok if I play in docked mode meanwhile the switch is charging? It is bad for the battery?

ps yup I know my english is bad ;p

You can't play docked without it charging. It charges always when docked.

My baby's got the bends, oh no!

Looks pretty much identical to what others have shown. If it stays exactly like this I am not bothered by it. If it gets worse obviously that is a different matter.

I think there's something wrong with my Switch.

A full 100% charge goes down to 85% if I completely turn it off and leave it for an hour, and playing Zelda in portable mode with 50% volume and brightness only lasts 45 min.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Neoweee

I think there's something wrong with my Switch.

A full 100% charge goes down to 85% if I completely turn it off and leave it for an hour, and playing Zelda in portable mode with 50% volume and brightness only lasts 45 min.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Like, it gets to the point where it will turn off after just 45 minutes?

Yes, that is definitely something wrong with the system.

Yomidi

Bought a Switch and my left Joycon has syncing issues.
Man, this sucks. Is there a way to fix it or do I have to send it to Nintendo?

You can add the foam in the bottom "corner" or just send it off and you'll get it in about a week. There was a lengthy thread about this whole issue that had people doing the foam thing manually. Sorry for not having a link handy for you.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!

Just add a piece of tiny foam (I got mine off of the foam included with my computer's graphics card) where shown in the picture in the article here:

https://www.cnet.com/news/nintendo-switch-joycon-desync-connectivity-issue-fix/

Now I have no issues at all with the left JoyCon. You'll need a small tri-wing screwdriver and a small Phillips head screwdriver to get to where you need to place the foam.

I'm sure this has been brought up but the thread is huge, what's the dealio when it comes to leaving the switch on the dock? How does it prevent over charging it? Last thing I need is for the battery to get screwed up because it's constantly being charged. So should you just not keep it on the dock over night?

Sir Doom

Just got one at Walmart. They had two in stock.

Also got a Pro Controller

Last time I bought a Nintendo system was Wii I hope I don't regret it again

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I called Nintendo and got it back quickly. It was like 3-4 days.

So I was playing Fallout 4 this weekend, and all I could think was, I wish I could play this on the Switch.

Any updates in regards to the Skyrim Switch game?

I'm sure this has been brought up but the thread is huge, what's the dealio when it comes to leaving the switch on the dock? How does it prevent over charging it? Last thing I need is for the battery to get screwed up because it's constantly being charged. So should you just not keep it on the dock over night?
I don't think overcharging has been a thing with modern electronics for a while.

Was finally able to snag a pair of Blue Joycons!

They're still available on GameStop's website if anyone else is looking for them.

Now the next question is whether I get the red ones next....

I'd say best buy eventually.

I'm not happy about buying from GameStop, but I've been looking high and low for fhe Blue Joycons for over two weeks now. Just want a little (MATCHING!) color to my Switch.

Edit: Also, it looks like GS also has the red Joycons in stock now...

Edit 2:

bah tempting but I don't want them THAT much to pay for shipping. I will just wait until they show up on amazon

I was a little taken aback about the price of even their slowest shipping, but I think that's cause I buy almost everything using Amazon Prime these days. I actually went all the way through the purchase process before I noticed just how much shipping was. Oh well, easy come, easy go.

icespide

Banned

They're still available on GameStop's website if anyone else is looking for them.

bah tempting but I don't want them THAT much to pay for shipping. I will just wait until they show up on amazon

Anyone from UK found a decent case solution? Go on holiday thursday and wouldn't mind taking it with me for the 4 hour flight.

My friend uses a sock.

Other than that, just get an official case not made by Insignia. Personally, I switch between my official zelda case or my 3DS XL pouch from Club Nintendo.

Appleman

Not sure if it's been posted, but Colorware has put up the Switch and Joycons. Just bought a pair of these myself:

neemUNL.png

(really had to fight myself to not get all purple)

mossypne

On the joycons the 4 little lights do they represent battery? And if it's fully charged do all 4 light up? Mines been on charge a couple hours but the top light is the only light lit up. Is there a way to check it more accurately?

On the joycons the 4 little lights do they represent battery? And if it's fully charged do all 4 light up? Mines been on charge a couple hours but the top light is the only light lit up. Is there a way to check it more accurately?
No, it's like your player indicator. You can see battery life in the system menu.

Peltz

Nope, that's player 1, 2, 3, 4

Is it normal for the left joycon to lose its charge before the right one?

Today my right one gave me a low battery warning, first time either of them do.

And I just hit "50 hours or more" on Zelda. Feels good man. I totally see myself playing this for more than 100 hours, still haven't explored half the map.

Rarius

I have the weirdest problem. My brain can't seem to handle holding the joycons outside of their grip/console. When I try to play a game free-handed (One in each hand, separate), I am not nearly as co-ordinated when playing this way despite being super dextrous.

This is weird.

LordKano

A window is enough to cause interferences with my left joy-con. Sometimes, Link suddenly stop moving. That's annoying. Thankfully I can just let the window open and I play mostly on portable mode anyway but still.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
I have the weirdest problem. My brain can't seem to handle holding the joycons outside of their grip/console. When I try to play a game free-handed (One in each hand, separate), I am not nearly as co-ordinated when playing this way despite being super dextrous.

This is weird.

I'm the same way. I think it's just more stable with a grip.

I just charge the joycons on the dock on reflex at this point because I really like doing that motion of just sliding them in to click.

I only play in undocked mode with the joycons separated (with a tablet holder in bed)... I thought the joycons would charge when I attach them to the Switch after I'm done playing for the day and leave it in sleep mode... But today I noticed what seems to be a bug with the joycons battery indicator, when I check it under "Controllers" on the home menu with them attached it shows full battery, but as soon as I detached them and checked it showed they had half a charge or so.

I'm letting them charge now (without the dock though; plugging the charger directly into the tablet).

On another note, where are the electrical contacts located on the joycons rails? I can't seem to find them by looking at the rails from all sides.

NimbusD

Has anyone else noticed in Zelda that when opening the map while you are moving Link with the left control stick that the cursor does not move unless you lift your finger off the control stick? Similar thing happened while I was ZL targeting an enemy and accessed my inventory. Is this normal?
How are you accessing your map while still moving? You'd have to lift your thumb off of the stick to hit the minus button no?

LordKano

You ever attempted replacement?

I really don't want to quit my system for a week or so. It's not really that bothering, I just need to keep in mind to open that windows before playing. I'll probably end up buying another pair of joy-cons in a few months and I'll replace them at this time.

THANK YOU! :)

Just snagged an order for Blue. Crazy how hard it's been to find these recently/always

Vena

I've checked my Switch, it has a slight curve to it but I have next to never used in the dock nor has it ever gotten hot to hold, so I am of the impression that it was simply shipped as such and it is so minor that it is downright impossible to tell unless I look for it.

That said, I have several instruments in the lab that I can use to keep an eye on it, and keep an eye on changes in bend angle. I'll check on it regularly/weekly/monthly and see if I observe anything.

I really don't want to quit my system for a week or so. It's not really that bothering, I just need to keep in mind to open that windows before playing. I'll probably end up buying another pair of joy-cons in a few months and I'll replace them at this time.

You should just repair them now. You'll be thankful in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom