• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futureman

What's the best way to check our screens to see if it's one of the yellowish ones?

If it doesn't bother you why would it matter? Also who's to say that pic above the blue screen isn't super blue and the yellow is closer to normal? White balance could be off on the camera as well.

jorgejjvr

Hey guys, my switch seems to have frozen when I went to my profile and was switching a game

Any idea what to do?

Holding the power button doesn't do anything? Wait until it dies?

:(

NimbusD

Nintendo eShop on all regions went down earlier and now it's up. There's a "Bestseller" section now, showing the top 15 most downloaded/purchased over the past two weeks.

vVjOhpdl.jpg

"Recent Releases" section shows the 24 most recent titles. Still doesn't cover all the current 28 titles available.

The UK "Coming Soon" section of the eShop has more titles shown than the US eShop, namely: Jackbox Party Pack 3, Samurai Shodown IV, Wonderboy The Dragon Trap, ....although Splatoon 2 and ARMS is marked as TBD. The Japanese eShop's "Coming Soon" section only has two.
Yeah came here to post this. I was worried earlier that my mind was banned or something since the eshop was down on all my Nintendo systems and no one was taking about it and Nintendo's own site said it was up and fine. Phew.

Hey guys, my switch seems to have frozen when I went to my profile and was switching a game

Any idea what to do?

Holding the power button doesn't do anything? Wait until it dies?

:(
Weird the same problem happened to me earlier. Just hold the power button down for 30+ seconds. I also detached the joycons from the screen.

AmyS

So a month after launch, and I just snagged me a Pro Controller.

59Dv9Vb.jpg

My nearest GameStop had one left in stock.

Love it!

Playing Zelda and FAST RMX feels so much better than with the JoyCons.

Persona7

Banned
My friends new pro controller from amazon had a full battery out of the box. Compared to the two I bought at launch which had about 30-40% battery. I guess those sat for quite a while.

I'm not sure if I done something wrong, but I had my switch in the dock charging in sleep mode, then I switched it off after a few hours from the power outlet ( not from the device). I put it on to play Zelda for a minute then turned it off, it showed 100% charged. I put it on again a minute later and the battery showed 60%, so it's back charging again. I'll see how it goes, but this time I will shut it down properly.

CLEEK

Is there anyway to power off the Switch in TV mode from the Pro Controller?

Press the home button, then select the bottom right icon to put the Switch into sleep mode.

Powering the Switch down fully must be done on the Switch power button itself. Hold it down for a couple of seconds and you get the Power off option appear.

rc213

So when does Nintendo add new games to the eShop? Not sure if they have an update day like first Tuesday of the month like PSN.

Javier

So when does Nintendo add new games to the eShop? Not sure if they have an update day like first Tuesday of the month like PSN.
eShop updates regularly on Thursdays at Noon with new releases, although there can be exceptions like Snake Pass which released last Tuesday.

Also, physical games release on eShop the same day as they release on retail, at midnight.

tenchir

So this is jarring. In the pic below, my launch unit from Amazon is up top. My buddy's unit - also from Amazon - just arrived today and is below. The picture speaks for itself.

N3Xq8hd.jpg

It's like there's some hidden setting where mine is set to "Standard" and his is set to "Warm 2." I obviously have no idea if this is true. I'm concerned that perhaps his unit's display is defective (or hell, maybe mine is)!

Pretty surprised at the stark variation. Is the typical Switch display on the 'standard' or 'warm' side of things?

a few more at this link:

http://imgur.com/a/klBrE

I wouldn't worry about the yellowish screen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/60avhz/why_yellowish_lcd_are_not_a_bad_screen/

Shahadan

Lol so my Switch was stuck and I could't do anything.

Picked it up from the dock, woke it up, it asked me to press a button three times as usual, I tried to go back to zelda ans it asked me to press L and R to activate joycon, but the console wouldn't recognize any prompt.

I tried to press the power/sleep button but it just gave me the sleep mode/power options layer and I couldn't do anything there. Touchscreen wouldn't work either.

I had to keep on pressing the power button for whole minutes to finally get it to shut down. It wasn't working at first.
I was beginning to be happy that the battery life was so short because I couldn't see any other way, lmao

So protip: always save before puttin the console on sleeping mode, shit happens

Well, today (3 weeks with the system) I had my first crash / freeze while trying to connect to my wifi network, for some reason it was not connecting automatically then I went to setting searched for wireless connections and tried to connect and after the connection was stabilished the system froze and I had to power cycle the Switch, hope it does not happen again.

Exact same thing happened to me yesterday, also first time it freezes.

has anyone had their switch lock up? i tried to go to the eshop but it's been stuck on a white screen for like half an hour and i can't turn it off or quit out of the screen at all

e: literally the post above me lmao

oatmeal

Banned
Anything out this week?

Considering buying something for a long plane trip Friday. I have BOI on PS4 from ps+ and don't really care about it otherwise I would probably buy that.

Hmm.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Anything out this week?

Considering buying something for a long plane trip Friday. I have BOI on PS4 from ps+ and don't really care about it otherwise I would probably buy that.

Hmm.
I have an eye on Giant Explosion Machine, waiting for reviews.

I'm not sure if I done something wrong, but I had my switch in the dock charging in sleep mode, then I switched it off after a few hours from the power outlet ( not from the device). I put it on to play Zelda for a minute then turned it off, it showed 100% charged. I put it on again a minute later and the battery showed 60%, so it's back charging again. I'll see how it goes, but this time I will shut it down properly.

Update. Had it charging for another hour with the joycons attached to the tablet in the dock, only went to 63%..
Update 2. Removed joycons from dock, left for 5 mins, and came back and it's 100%. Wtf is happening.

How is the Switch Hybrid Cover? Is it good at protecting? I'm not interested in the stand but I want to protect the part that it is supposed to cover. Already have the gel guard for the joycons.

mossypne

Is there a Friend code thread? My first nintendo home console and none of my friends have one. Wouldn't mind some GAFfers for when MK8 and splatoon 2 are out.

ParityBit

Is there any way to reset my wifi? I want to disable/erase it and reconnect so that I can see if my connection improves. I have no bars sometimes and no idea why (My iPad/phones etc are fine)

I was thinking about which Nintendo Switch game would be fantastic to have announced at E3, and I'm hoping we can get Trauma Center Switch. The possibilities with the Joy-Cons as surgical instruments, the precision and motion for medical procedures all augmented by the HD Rumble. Make it so good that actual Doctors use it to practice certain procedures. Maybe that is too much, but I would be interested in such announcement.

Jessensor

Are there any risks buying from a different region eShop? I created a US account successfully. I have found a site and loaded a $10 voucher with no problems. I want to get BoI but before I buy the remaining vouchers, I just wanted to check for any problems (especially since my currency is currently in free fall).

me0wish

Not making a new thread for this since I doubt it will interest many people, but Abraca, a couch co-op party game is coming to Switch. It's made by Ankama Games, a French studio well-know for their MMORPGs Dofus and Wakfu. Trailer here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjPVMtlobNE

It's great, one of those "friendship destroying" games. Sadly, didn't receive much love on steam, hopefully it will do better on Switch as it's perfectly suited for it.

Now that I think about it, overlooked local multiplayer games might find success on the Switch (Video Ball, Crawl, stikbold!), and would be a great addition to the Switch's library.

SleepehSheep

Neo Member
My brother is having a problem with coop on shovel knight. When it tells him to hold down a button for the second player it wont recognize anything he does. I've been looking for answers for him but haven't had any luck.

RRockman

Banned
Not making a new thread for this since I doubt it will interest many people, but Abraca, a couch co-op party game is coming to Switch. It's made by Ankama Games, a French studio well-know for their MMORPGs Dofus and Wakfu. Trailer here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjPVMtlobNE

This is good. Looks like a very serviceable mp game with fantastic animation. But I had no idea it was on steam until I saw your post. I hope it gets more exposure on Switch!

Is this not out yet on the eShop?

Tired of waiting on reviews and I am going to dive in because I need a palate cleanser between Zelda and Shovel knight...

And to the 94% chargers, it is a bug with the joy cons I think happens to me, remove the joy one and the system will charge to 100% then reconnect the joy cons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom