• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

wat? Since when was that a thing and why the hell would they care? I mean, the Amazon credit can go elsewhere (and I'm only doing this because the Amazon order was a back-up to begin with, so why not use the credit since I have the order), but I can't imagine why they would be that concerned where it came from.
are you really asking why retail stores document the serial numbers of the things they sell?

Cerium

Same. I had this conversation twice, once over chat and the other over the phone.

I went on the fucking warpath.

A supervisor upgraded my shipping to one day delivery and told me there's nothing I can do but wait and see what happens tomorrow.

If they fail, there will be blood.

PSFan

Tracked at DC level usually by what was sold to the retailer. Extremely unlikely serial numbers would be recorded/scanned at checkout.

Nope. Every time I've bought a console at a store, the serial number is scanned, not the bar code. Especially Nintendo consoles,

You'll notice that there's a hole in the console box that exposes the serial number barcode that's right on the console. They scan that instead of the UPC.

Voror

Getting nervous for my Amazon order. Says it's expected to ship today and to arrive Friday, but it's been like that all day and I have yet to be charged. Not sure if I should wait a bit longer or pester them about it now.

Placktor

I went on the fucking warpath.

A supervisor upgraded my shipping to one day delivery and told me there's nothing I can do but wait and see what happens tomorrow.

If they fail, there will be blood.

Me and you are in the same boat...Im beyond pissed. This better be sent out tomorrow.

Lkr

on the bright side, if my amazon order doesn't charge by tomorrow night, i can go try and nab one at midnight somewhere and relive the thrill of fighting people in line for consoles
i'm not gonna contact amazon too easy to get it fucked up

phanphare

Banned
funny-Seinfeld-reservation-car-rent.jpg

and people say Seinfeld became irrelevant with the advent of smart phones

Seinfeld will always be relevant

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Getting nervous for my Amazon order. Says it's expected to ship today and to arrive Friday, but it's been like that all day and I have yet to be charged. Not sure if I should wait a bit longer or pester them about it now.
Ehhh probably no need to worry. Mine says the same thing, although I was charged today.

greelay

Just relax and be patient. They are pretty good at this sort of thing. Mine is at not yet shipped, and I do not expect it to get shipped until tomorrow afternoon.

Gamestop called earlier this evening to let me know my Switch, Accessories and Amiibos would be available for pickup upon opening hours of the store on Friday (they're not doing a midnight after having been robbed recently and safety is their top concern for customers and employees)

I expect my Zelda SE to ship from Gamestop.com tomorrow (Day One delivery so will be delivered Friday)

Ibuki

Banned
It's still possible that my console will arrive on time, but my Zelda looks like it will end up delayed.

All the tracking info is blank except for the fact that it's in OK (where the weather issues are afaik).

It doesn't usually take more than 24 hours for UPS to pick up a package, but here we are.

ryan299

This happened to me with x1. Didn't ship or charge me until the day before release. Still got it on release date.

are you really asking why retail stores index the serial numbers of the things they sell?

Nah, I mean, I get it (it's a big ticket item, so of course they have to worry about shit like taking in stolen units and more aggressive inventory tracking). More of a brain fart on my part, but it was just that I have never actually seen a system like this in action. I'm used to my local Target where some dumbass accepted a "returned" Xbox 360 S that was a launch 360, a brick, and an old DVD, lol. I've personally never returned a big ticket item, so stupid stories and a lack of awareness just took me off guard for a second.

All my peripherals were shipped out today, and I'm assuming Best Buy will send me a pick up confirmation email at some point tomorrow for the console and Zelda. Hope tomorrow goes by quick!

Miyahon

My Amazon order still says not shipped and haven't been charged yet. They have a local distribution center here in town so I'm guessing they might use their own delivery service to ship them out. Whenever I order from them it's random on which delivery company I will get. UPS, Amazon, Ontrac or USPS.

greelay

My Amazon order still says not shipped and haven't been charged yet. They have a local distribution center here in town so I'm guessing they might use their own delivery service to ship them out. Whenever I order from them it's random on which delivery company I will get. UPS, Amazon, Ontrac or USPS.

I am in a similar situation in regards to living close to a distribution center, and they used to use ups or usps, but the last two months they have exclusively shipped it themselves.

majik13

It seems that people are able to change the shipping address for a Switch on Amazon without issue, but if I have a copy of Zelda BOTW in the same order, would I risk pushing that ship date back? Deciding whether to change it to my office address.

yep did this, changed my order from my house to my office, switch changed fine, zelda went to delivery date pending, from originally 3/3 delivery. Now just today it went from pending to shipping on 3/3 and arrive 3/7. talking to amazon chat now.

edit: amazon said now that they will expediate shipping for free, and it will arrive 3/3. I really hope so because I most likely wont be working at this office after 3/3
edit 2: order now says shipping tomorrow and arriving friday

dafodeu

are you really asking why retail stores document the serial numbers of the things they sell?

Just return the opened best buy one back and keep the amazon one when you get it. if they don't have one in stock, which they won't for an exchange they have to give you your money back.

Kireek

Just now my order changed from "preparing for shipment" to "shipping today". Can't even tell if thats progress or not lol

R0ckman

I'm assuming all my items are going in the same box, bomberman is suppose to ship but is just sitting there with the other "not shipped yet" stuff.

Got charged for Zelda but not the Switch. I am hoping I am not in the darkest timeline where I get the game and not the system. Ugh.

Voror

Ehhh probably no need to worry. Mine says the same thing, although I was charged today.

Just relax and be patient. They are pretty good at this sort of thing. Mine is at not yet shipped, and I do not expect it to get shipped until tomorrow afternoon.

This happened to me with x1. Didn't ship or charge me until the day before release. Still got it on release date.

Alright, I'll give it a bit. I have a co-worker who had his charged and shipped from Amazon today while mine still hasn't so that along with the stories here have me worried. I guess I'll give it a bit and hope it works out.

No offense, but how are people in Norway and Japan getting theirs shipped already, I live in Alaska sure, but still have a 3/3 shipping date :mad:

Gasp, My amazon shipment just changed from not yet shipped to preparing to ship and it still says Friday. Feels good.

Edit: and they charged me now too!

sadromeo

What the fuck is this. I'm chatting with Amazon right now.

Lady: Upon checking here that your order is temporarily out of stock.
Me: Excuse me I had this preordered the moment it went live
Stock should not be an issue
Lady: This means the item is currently out of stock and we’re not sure when we’ll get more of this item.
Me: I would like to escalate and speak to your manager please
Lady: Our supply of some items is limited, and these products sell out quickly. I realize this is disappointing news, and I'm sorry we had to cancel your order.
Me: I HAD THIS PREORDERED
THIS WAS PREORDERED
I would like to speak to your manager

Damn, I would be livid. Sorry to hear that happen.

blamite

Standard edition Zelda shipped a couple hours ago from Amazon, but the console just says "Not yet shipped"... Best But console is "preparing". At least one of these things better get to me on Friday!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Did anyone order the Zelda guide from Amazon? Status hasn't changed one bit since ordering 2 weeks ago...
Placed my order for the paperback version on the 22nd, scheduled to ship tomorrow with delivery on Friday.

antonz

Curious to see from where Best Buy is shipping my switch. Still reporting as waiting for UPS to pick up from this morning.

My Master Edition is now Preparing for shipment after speaking to Amazon before and them confirming their was an issue earlier preventing them from shipping.

My store pickup for the system and BOTW SE is still in processing, with card awaiting authorization. Hopefully that means they are good to go and it'll be ready tomorrow night.

Edit: Hoping the ammibos will be ready as well and can be picked up at the midnight release.

Top Bottom