• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

My Zelda shipped from Amazon finally, bit the console hasn't. Still says arriving friday. Im not too worried though. Horizon did this too and shipped a night before.

sadromeo

According to my Best Buy tracking, the package was picked up in Oklahoma and on its way.

The estimated date of arrival is March 3rd. I was hoping for tomorrow but Friday works too.

I am still hoping it arrives tomorrow...

My amiibos on the other hand are still on Preparing...

So for Best Buy in store pick ups we should be good as long as it still says pre-ordered and available on March 3?

I'm hoping to see some kind of movement on it tomorrow because of the midnight launch..I don't want to go to the store to find out it's not there, lol. We will see!

According to my Best Buy tracking, the package was picked up in Oklahoma and on its way.

The estimated date of arrival is March 3rd. I was hoping for tomorrow but Friday works too.

I am still hoping it arrives tomorrow...

My amiibos on the other hand are still on Preparing...

If it arrives at your local warehouse, you may be able to pick it up. Saw someone mention doing that for Horizon Zero Dawn.

So for Best Buy in store pick ups we should be good as long as it still says pre-ordered and available on March 3?

I'm hoping to see some kind of movement on it tomorrow because of the midnight launch..I don't want to go to the store to find out it's not there, lol. We will see!

Hopefully.

nullpoynter

My Amazon order still says not shipped and haven't been charged yet. They have a local distribution center here in town so I'm guessing they might use their own delivery service to ship them out. Whenever I order from them it's random on which delivery company I will get. UPS, Amazon, Ontrac or USPS.
Ditto for me. My Switch order still says not shipped and haven't been charged. An Amazon distribution center is right down the road.

I'd assume so. Not doing the midnight launch, but I did take Friday off...hoping for a confirmation e-mail tomorrow. I always do shipping so I'm not sure how far in advance they send notices regarding pick ups.

So Best Buy says my order is still in "Preparing" but, no charge has been made to my bank account. I just called my bank and they said for some reason it seems like the order may have been cancelled. I tried Best Buy customer service, but all I got was the status of my order with no changes. I really hope they don't cancel this on me out of the blue, I've really been looking forward to the Switch and Zelda.

This thread is stressful, but I have never had anything show up late from Amazon with Prime. Mine has still not shipped. I think there is a warehouse near me in Southern California, so as long as it ships early Friday morning, I'm confident I'll get it.

Best Buy still preparing. I guess it's not a huge deal to have to wait, but I am moving Saturday (unexpectedly) and I will need it to be mailed to me across country if it doesn't come Friday. That would really suck. Edit: Bank statement says charge is pending still. Plenty of money. No one contacted me to clear or let the charge go through though. Anyone else having this?

Amazon finally updated my order info with a tracking number.

Weird that i'm in west Texas, but the shipment is coming from Illinois.

The best part is they are using Fed Ex instead of UPS for some reason :(

samred

my Best Buy peripherals have all shipped. my Amazon console is still "preparing." I changed my shipping addy for while I'm in SF for GDC... REALLLY hope it doesn't somehow slip delivery beyond my saturday departure...

99% of the people freaking out in this thread will get their stuff on Friday. It wouldn't suprise me if many people's items will just get overnighted. It's probably the safest way to ensure that the console will arive on launch day and not a day early, considering Nintendo is likely breathing down these companies' necks about not breaking street date.

That said, this is why I always pre-order anything I have to have on day 1 at Gamestop, in-person. I almost never shop there otherwise, but for stuff like console launches they have their shit together.

I'd assume so. Not doing the midnight launch, but I did take Friday off...hoping for a confirmation e-mail tomorrow. I always do shipping so I'm not sure how far in advance they send notices regarding pick ups.

You usually don't get an email for ready to pick up until the day it's ready...the sticking point for me is that it's a midnight launch at my Best Buy, so I dunno when they would send that email, heh. I assume they won't send it to me during the day because I technically wouldn't be able to get it till midnight.

I dunno. We will see. I'm assuming my order is still good.

99% of the people freaking out in this thread will get their stuff on Friday. It wouldn't suprise me if many people's items will just get overnighted. It's probably the safest way to ensure that the console will arive on launch day and not a day early, considering Nintendo is likely breathing down their necks about not breaking street date on this stuff.

That said, this is why I always pre-order anything I have to have on day 1 in-person at Gamestop. I pretty much never shop there any other time, but for stuff like console launches they have their shit together.

Yeah I'm quite jealous of that ticketing system GameStop pre-orders have where you pick up your ticket at 6 PM to come back at midnight. I also like that GameStop usually calls to let you know everything is good to go a day or two in advance.

My Best Buy online pre-order for in store pick up is just kinda sitting there and I'm just hoping it will be there for me to get tomorrow night heh.

EDIT: yeah just called BB, I should get an email tomorrow letting me know it's ready and I can go at midnight. Guess it'll be okay.

People there is no need to panic with your Amazon orders, I have a pair of 3.5mm cables coming in from Amazon and they will be delivered on Friday (different order than switch) and they haven't shipped yet. Once again if you live relatively close to a distribution center it will probability be shipped tomorrow, I live in the suburbs of Philly and I've gotten packages the same day as I ordered, so I'm sure we are good.

Movement!

WRgo2PR.jpg

It'll be a long morning / afternoon.

You usually don't get an email for ready to pick up until the day it's ready...the sticking point for me is that it's a midnight launch at my Best Buy, so I dunno when they would send that email, heh. I assume they won't send it to me during the day because I technically wouldn't be able to get it till midnight.

I dunno. We will see. I'm assuming my order is still good.

Oh, interesting. I'm sure you can give them a call and find out.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Wait a second. For some reason my credit card declined on Amazon and I changed it about an hour after the email was sent.....and now my shipment says arriving Tuesday?

It cannot be this easy to get that fucked, can it?

antonz

Being close to the centers can absolutely push shipping to the last minute. 2 weeks ago I actually ordered something Sunday morning for delivery midweek and it actually showed up Monday morning. That said inventory and where it is matters more than anything. I have 5 Amazon Fulfillment centers within 30 miles of me and still get stuff from all over the country.

They told me directly 2 hours ago when I talked with them that my "Order had issues" no further details and that when checking my order they found a problem that was stopping them from shipping. If I hadn't called there is no saying when someone would have attempted to correct the issue.

zigg

99% of the people freaking out in this thread will get their stuff on Friday. It wouldn't suprise me if many people's items will just get overnighted.
BB did exactly this for the last Nintendo game I got. I'm one ground day away from their warehouse, so they ground-shipped it the day before. Got it on release day, no problem.

It's not worth the stress unless Friday hits and it's still "preparing".

TheFuzz

Anyone know what the inventory for pro controllers look like at normal retailers? Think I'm gonna grab one if they're available.

Anyone know what the inventory for pro controllers look like at normal retailers? Think I'm gonna grab one if they're available.

Pretty scarce I think. I remember seeing a pic of a shipment to a best buy which was something like 6-7 pro controllers for a stack of like 40 switches. Probably gonna be pretty hard to find I would guess, although hopefully not for too long.

You will get your Switch on time!

Unfortunately the screen will have a huge scratch across it and they won't have any replacement units for weeks. :(

antonz

Wait a second. For some reason my credit card declined on Amazon and I changed it about an hour after the email was sent.....and now my shipment says arriving Tuesday?

It cannot be this easy to get that fucked, can it?

contact support and they may be able to expedite shipping to 1 day and get it Friday still.

I have an email confirmation from Best Buy, but my online account does not show the Switch as a pending order... should I be concerned?

If it shipped the order should be down below in the completed order section. If not shipped may need to check if it was cancelled by best buy

LProtag

Amazon still hasn't shipped Zelda, but they said that it's expected to ship today and arrive Friday.

They're usually pretty good, so here's hoping.

R0ckman

Being close to the centers can absolutely push shipping to the last minute. 2 weeks ago I actually ordered something Sunday morning for delivery midweek and it actually showed up Monday morning. That said inventory and where it is matters more than anything. I have 5 Amazon Fulfillment centers within 30 miles of me and still get stuff from all over the country.

They told me directly 2 hours ago when I talked with them that my "Order had issues" no further details and that when checking my order they found a problem that was stopping them from shipping. If I hadn't called there is no saying when someone would have attempted to correct the issue.

Is this for the "Not shipped yet" BS?

Yup my brother got the switch in the mail from Best Buy.

Too bad we all chose to pick up games at the store.

So we have a switch but nothing to play. And no servers up to buy anything online.

i put a wrist strap on upside down and almost broke his controller :x

contact support and they may be able to expedite shipping to 1 day and get it Friday still.

If it shipped the order should be down below in the completed order section. If not shipped may need to check if it was cancelled by best buy

It's a pick up order from my local store.

daffy

Banned
Ordered a new powerbank. Amazon says it was supposed to ship today for a delivery on March 2-6

shits not gonna get here until April :/

sadromeo

This thread is stressful, but I have never had anything show up late from Amazon with Prime. Mine has still not shipped. I think there is a warehouse near me in Southern California, so as long as it ships early Friday morning, I'm confident I'll get it.

This is definitely stressful, hype and exciting. Some of the stress comes in anticipation and others, unfortunately comes in order uncertainty. The gifs are great!

I do hope everyone gets a Nintendo Switch that wants one.

antonz

Is this for the "Not shipped yet" BS?

Yeah My Master Edition had been Not Yet Shipped with planned March 1st shipment. Rep stated they found an issue with the order preventing it from shipping. Shortly after talking to them it went to preparing for shipping and changed to 1 day delivery.

Theswweet

Yeah My Master Edition had been Not Yet Shipped with planned March 1st shipment. Rep stated they found an issue with the order preventing it from shipping. Shortly after talking to them it went to preparing for shipping and changed to 1 day delivery.

If my game isn't preparing for shipping by the time I get back from errands, I think I might just have to have a chat with Amazon support then.

Top Bottom