• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Taxman

Unbelievable. I pre-ordered the Nintendo Switch for in-store pick up from Best Buy mere moments after the Presentation ended. Soon after I placed the order, I got an email requesting new payment information since the authorization on my credit card failed. Turns out it was just a fraud department thing, re-entered the payment information and didn't hear from Best Buy at all since then...Couple days ago, I decided to check my order status on Best Buy's website; I noticed it says "Failed Authorization" under the card, but everything else looks fine. Slightly panicked, I call my local Best Buy, only to be reassured that my order was all set to go for the midnight launch; I had seen similar stories on GAF, so I didn't think much of it.

And then, 10 minutes ago, I get this shocker:

CdHqC4G.png

I'm pretty anxious right now...I can't get off work till like 11pm, so I had planned to just go in for the midnight launch and smoothly get my pre-order. I'll call Best Buy first thing in the morning, but I'm worried I'm screwed now...

So I'm panicking a bit. I got BB in-store pickup, and the charge just came for it like all the others in this thread. It set off my credit card's anti-fraud algorithm. I immediately gave it the thumbs up but so far I don't see any changes when I check my order. CC lists payment as "pending". Anybody have experience with this? Am I going to be okay?

D: D: D: D: D: FUCK FUCK FUCK

ckfy63a

This is the worst. I'm so sorry this happened. In general, I always recommend people make multiple pre-orders for big items like this, because retailers pull this shit all the time. I know not everyone is able to do this, but when you can, you should (and I'm not trying to call you out specifically, just using this as an example). It sucks but with online preorders I feel like you need AT LEAST 2 to be safe. If I end up with extras, I'll just hook up friends or gaffers at MSRP or worst case - return them.

I'm really sorry this happened to you and I hope BB fixes it for you.

Thanks for the sentiments. Yeah, you're totally right. I guess I lured myself into a false sense of security; this is the first time I've pre-ordered a console (as opposed to queueing on launch day). But I did have this feeling all along that Best Buy would screw me over at the last minute...should've acted on that thought I guess...oh well.

D: D: D: D: D: FUCK FUCK FUCK

My local Best Buy opens in a little over 8.5 hours, I'll call them first thing and report back with what happens.

Vidiot

My switch shipped from amazon but my master edition still only says shipping soon. :/ Anyone else not have their master edition ship yet? Getting nervous.

Taxman

Thanks for the sentiments. Yeah, you're totally right. I guess I lured myself into a false sense of security; this is the first time I've pre-ordered a console (as opposed to queueing on launch day). But I did have this feeling all along that Best Buy would screw me over at the last minute...should've acted on that thought I guess...oh well.

My local Best Buy opens in a little over 8.5 hours, I'll call them first thing and report back with what happens.

Mine opens in 5.5. I'll give an update. For the record I have not received a cancellation notice like you have.

jxN3

Still haven't been charged for the switch yet on amazon. Here in socal, not sure if I should be worried yet...

I keep checking my bank acc, I don't think I've ever wanted anybody to take my money this bad lmao.

lutheran

I'm in NYC and with the exception of Namco shipping out game copies to retailers late or shipping out too few copies to fulfill every preorder, I've always received my games on launch day. In my experience, Amazon usually ships my order the night before launch from New Jersey, and it arrives on time the next day. I wouldn't be surprised if my Switch order doesn't ship until tomorrow evening.

My order now says Arriving tomorrow by 8pm

TrojanAg

Just got charged for my Switch and Pro Controller at Best Buy about an hour ago and both of those orders are now Preparing. Can't wait for the Thursday night launch!

Pikma

Banned
If I remove an item from an order, would that mess with my Zelda pre order? I mean, it shouldn't but I don't want to risk anything at this point

Smidget

My Master Edition got delayed until Monday because of this:

"Thu, Mar 2, 5:28 AM
We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. this may cause at least one business day delay.
Atlanta, GA"

How freaking lame.

JaceR

Got an email from Amazon saying my payment was declined.. i almost had an heart attack. Looks like I accidentally used an outdated card. I updated my payment Amazon says it'll arrive on Tuesday. I changed the shipping to overnight and it's back to arriving on the friday.

I should sleep and hope for the best (NYC GAF here)

hoserx

Welp, my Best Buy order for the Switch hasn't shipped yet, still on "preparing."

My In-store pickup of Zelda has finally changed to "preparing". I'm in Cleveland, and there's a distribution center nearby, so I think they're waiting to ship to ensure a non-early delivery.

Switch is shipped UPS ground. WTF Leaving from Phoenix and going to Utah. Will it be here tomorrow?

Master Edition is second day air.

Why oh why is my console not that way?

ctfg23

On Amazon my order for the pro controller says preparing for shipment even though it's not scheduled to arrive until Tuesday, but the switch and Zelda SE still say not yet shipped. Not really concerned yet since they usually overnight my pre orders. Bay Area CA for those wondering.

PSFan

Unbelievable. I pre-ordered the Nintendo Switch for in-store pick up from Best Buy mere moments after the Presentation ended. Soon after I placed the order, I got an email requesting new payment information since the authorization on my credit card failed. Turns out it was just a fraud department thing, re-entered the payment information and didn't hear from Best Buy at all since then...Couple days ago, I decided to check my order status on Best Buy's website; I noticed it says "Failed Authorization" under the card, but everything else looks fine. Slightly panicked, I call my local Best Buy, only to be reassured that my order was all set to go for the midnight launch; I had seen similar stories on GAF, so I didn't think much of it.

CdHqC4G.png

I'm pretty anxious right now...I can't get off work till like 11pm, so I had planned to just go in for the midnight launch and smoothly get my pre-order. I'll call Best Buy first thing in the morning, but I'm worried I'm screwed now...

And this is why I prefer Amazon so much. They can take funds directly from my checking account, which is how I usually pay my orders with them. I don't ever have to worry about credit card authorizations or expiration dates or changing payments or any other shenanigans like that, that would screw my order.

Acid08

Banned
Still haven't been charged for the switch yet on amazon. Here in socal, not sure if I should be worried yet...

I keep checking my bank acc, I don't think I've ever wanted anybody to take my money this bad lmao.
It seems like if you love near big Amazon hubs stuff ships pretty late because of the close proximity to a shipping center. CA has a bunch. I'm in Norcal and it's always like this. Get a shipping notification day before and then product arrives next day.

All that said, I haven't been charged yet either.

Hinchy

oh my god

Amazon shipped my order late Tuesday night rather than Wednesday

And now UPS updated scheduled delivery to today

I feel like I have won the fucking lottery

I really really wanted to write this post in all caps and had to stop myself

I love all of you and hope everything goes well I'm not trying to piss on your parade but as someone who gets anxiety a lot about shipping I am just the happiest fucker right now

I can't fucking believe it

EDIT: I paid the whole order off with a gift card a month in advance. I don't know for sure if that had anything to do with it but you bet I'll try that again next time

hwy_61

Banned
oh my god

I love all of you and hope everything goes well I'm not trying to piss on your parade but as someone who gets anxiety a lot about shipping I am just the happiest fucker right now

EDIT: I paid the whole order off with a gift card a month in advance. I don't know for sure if that had anything to do with it but you bet I'll try that again next time

Ugghhhhh you lucky sumbitch

oh my god

Congrats man, that's great news. Lots of horror stories on here, but good to know some folks are lucking out.

Meanwhile I'm fairly certain the weather that was in the southeast US yesterday caused shipping delays. I think this may be why I just woke up to find my BB pre-order is still on "preparing" and hadn't shipped yet. UGH. Of all things.

Maybe I can switch it to be delivered to a UPS MyChoice location so I can just go get it myself on Friday/Saturday.

DonShula

Amazon charged my card this morning as well. As expected, they will ship the night before and have it delivered on release day. Just like every other time I've done this.

The Giant

Banned
It's now March 3 in New Zealand. Midnight buyers have their Switches now. Just another 90 mins till us aussies get our Switches.

CdHqC4G.png

Just saw the 24 hour warning email due to my card blocking them out (which makes no sense since my other pre-orders went through...), and now I can't even change it due to "self-service isn't available at this time". Like, really!?

My card hasn't changed either, and took out just fine when they did their initial holds.

Best buy just charged me for my in store pre-orders. Why the fuck are they charging at 4am to trigger people's fraud detection though, I'm lucky my credit union let's things go for a while and only cancels after I let them know.

Lkr

At this rate I'm not gonna be surprised if my car payment goes through before any Amazon charge pops up. Says tomorrow by 8 and I can order things same day by noon and have it guaranteed by 8 so I'm not too worried.
I was hoping it would be at the UPS facility tomorrow morning and I could go pick it up before it gets out on the truck but now I'm not even sure if they'll use ups

Also if my bank triggers a fraud warning on a $300 Amazon purchase I will be irate. There is nothing abnormal about me dropping money on amazon

At this rate I'm not gonna be surprised if my car payment goes through before any Amazon charge pops up. Says tomorrow by 8 and I can order things same day by noon and have it guaranteed by 8 so I'm not too worried.
I was hoping it would be at the UPS facility tomorrow morning and I could go pick it up before it gets out on the truck but now I'm not even sure if they'll use ups

Also if my bank triggers a fraud warning on a $300 Amazon purchase I will be irate. There is nothing abnormal about me dropping money on amazon
My bank fucking triggered fraud warning just a week ago because of a $15 purchase on Google Play, but didn't say anything about a $1,500 TV a few months before that. I don't understand.

Is there an option I can tick where they can stop assuming I'm an idiot? I check my statements. I know what has and hasn't been bought by me.

hwy_61

Banned
Weird. My card was charged $318.74, but the order details say $329.99...idk why but I'm not gonna question Amazon about it!

Neo_Geo

Banned
Charged as well at 4am for the Switch from BB in-store pickup. The one time I'm glad for a lack of fraud detection. Midnight can't come soon enough. Hope they have some charging grips readily available.

charpunk

Best Buy charged my card as well for the switch I preordered for in store pickup as well as the amiibos. Everything switch to preparing now so now it's just waiting on someone from inventory department to come in and pick the orders.

Top Bottom