• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Might be too soon to celebrate, but:

Resubmitted my payment info for the two orders (Switch and BOTW SE) and they went from processing to preparing. I take it that means I'm out of the woods?

DSmalls84

BB shipping.

Card was charged yesterday, been 'preparing' since Sunday.

It's going to ship soon, right? Come on, Best Buy.

Same situation. My Pro controller from Best Buy has been "preparing" for a few days now. At least my system and Zelda shipped from Amazon though.

hoserx

Same situation. My Pro controller from Best Buy has been "preparing" for a few days now. At least my system and Zelda shipped from Amazon though.

many of us are in the same boat. Don't worry, I think we are going to be fine. They are strategically deploying shipments to make sure no one gets things early.

nullpoynter

My Amazon Switch order has finally changed status to preparing for shipment. Still no progress on my Best Buy pro controller and Zelda order. Even though I live down the road from an Amazon distribution center I probably won't see any package until Friday late afternoon anyway. Delivery is still slow at my address.

Lkr

My bank fucking triggered fraud warning just a week ago because of a $15 purchase on Google Play, but didn't say anything about a $1,500 TV a few months before that. I don't understand.

Is there an option I can tick where they can stop assuming I'm an idiot? I check my statements. I know what has and hasn't been bought by me.
It depends on the bank. With my credit card it was as easy as going on the discover app and setting the amounts you care to be notified about. When I first got the card they flagged me for a $60 game purchase and I immediately switched it to only bother me if the purchase was my credit limit(it was only a $500 limit when I first got the card) and it's still a reasonable amount to be warned about imo based on my purchasing habits.

However my bank, SunTrust, flagged my account multiple days after I bought a MacBook Pro with my debit card at the Apple Store. Now I don't mind a fraud prevention alert on a $1500 debit card purchase, BUT, why is my dollar McDonald's charge getting rejected days later? And then I had to wait 24 hours after confirming it was a legit purchase to regain spending privileges.

Anyone else amazon getting the console shipped via UPS ground?

Same thing happened to me. Of all things, shipping UPS Ground from AZ to TN. WHY??

But hey, I got an extra month of Prime...Yeah.

I've already enacted my contingency plan so it should still work out for me over the weekend. I'm just not quite sure about using online preordering ever again after this. At least in-store, it's only a matter of midnight release or next business day.

Finally got charged for Neon Switch in-store pickup from BB!! I can finally see the end of this crazy ride!
Edit: So were Zelda SE and my pro controller on my other card!

dafodeu

My order was charged and it is preparing to ship now arrive by 8pm tomorrow. Under order details it says.

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
$299.99
Shipping & Handling:
$7.98
Total before tax:
$307.97
Estimated tax to be collected:
$18.75
Gift Card Amount:
-$1.57
Grand Total:
$325.15

What the heck is the gift card -$1.57? I never applied a giftcard why would this happen?

Padinn

My best buy orders, placed online for in-store pickup, have charged. My console from Amazon updated to say delivery by 8pm tomorrow, but hasn't charged yet.

Lexxon

Amazon hasn't shipped yet, but is in prep mode, and says it'll be here tomorrow. I trust them!

Best Buy started charging for all in-store pickup orders except the console itself. Hmm. Still not worried.

Walmart FINALLY updated my shipping order to still claim it's coming next Thursday, but that it will be rush shipping, which makes me think there's a chance for Fri/Sat, which would be great.

No movement at all from Target.

(FYI all of these are going to friends at cost, I'm no scalper!)

nikos

Unfortunately we've been unable to process your credit card payment, so we canceled your order.

Rest assured, we will credit any other method of payment. For details regarding refunds and credits, see the What You Need to Know section below.

Please accept our apology for this inconvenience. We value you as a Best Buy® customer and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Your Best Buy Customer Care Team

I just went to the store the other night, where I was assured I'd be charged at the time of pickup, yet I woke up to this. Thanks, Best Buy.

Best Buy finally charged me for my Switch, Zelda SE and others. Everything went from "Pre ordered" to "Preparing"! Pro Controllers shipped 2 days ago.

tumblr_ojpdgzclbS1r7sijxo1_500.gif

RootCause

Neon Switch
Neon Joy con
Charge grip

All preparing. I was planning on cancelling the charge grip, since I didn't need it. But now I can't. I'll just return it.

LProtag

Still waiting on Zelda to ship from Amazon, but at least the Switch shipped from Best Buy. Amazon's shipped things the day before and got them to me before, but once and a while they're late.

All my items have changed to preparing for shipment. I spoke with an Amazon rep and they said the pro controller should be arriving Friday as well and that it was just a calculation on their part. Hope its true.

eubxodV.png

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
In a strange turn of events, with my Best Buy orders:
1) Yesterday, all of my orders directed to where I live were shipped by Best Buy, or .. at least, .. "Initiated". The first order was for the Pro controller and a set of Neon Joy-Con. The second contained an Amiibo. The third contained Zelda and and Amiibo. The fourth contained a Neon Switch, and a fifth contained a Case.

A second switch, sold at cost to another NeoGAF Member, hasn't shipped yet. It is still Preparing as it has been since Sunday. The shipping address was changed before it even went to preparing.

2) Last night, I got UPS MyChoice Notifications that all of the ones shipping to me were going to be delivered today (3/2). At about 1AM Eastern, I got two updates for delays in 2/5 orders. The order with the Pro Controller and Neon Joy-Con set, and one order with an Amiibo got delayed to 3/3. Everything else is still set to be delivered today.

What is odd about it is that, they all left from the same facility, and the two delayed were the first to be "initiated", the ones shipped later in the day are arriving early.

I am trying to get in touch with Best Buy about the one I'm shipping to my NeoGAF Buddy to find out why it hasn't shipped yet, though, technically, they still have it listed as arriving to him tomorrow. I'm just concerned is all.

Top Bottom