• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

otakukidd

My ups just sent me a email saying to expect my gamestop switch tomorrow. Yaaaassss. Now my pro controller from BB needs to ship.

sfried

Amazon is apparently now preparing my shipment.

A similar item that did have 2-day shipping is also expected to ship today. I guess I didn't need to have the other shipments upgraded to one-day shipping, but that means I also spent $5 one-day shipping Puyo Puyo.

Ah well.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
My Neon Switch has just shipped from Best Buy

cat-waiting-window-65.jpg

And now the wait becomes excruciating.

Codeblue

Best Buy has been preparing this shipment for like two days now. Hope they send it soon. Sad thing is, I ordered BotW Wii U on Amazon in case something happened with the Switch, and we all know how that turned out.

jwillenn

No movement in my GameStop release day delivery pre-order. Should I be worried?

Try not to be, even if you (as I just did) check your transactions only to find that what was once pending is just gone and the funds have returned... :|

Apparently it's just part of Gamestop's process. Pre-authorization phase is done. Now to await being officially charged and "shipped".

PSFan

It's not quite the same, because the Neon JoyCon package has the colors swapped. Instead of blue-red, the JoyCons are red-blue. It makes it so if a person bought a Neon Switch and then the Neon JoyCons, they have four visibly different controllers for four-player play. Plus they can choose to go blue-blue or red-red if they want.

And if someone just wanted a Neon Switch and two controllers, that means they would be paying $80 extra for their Switch to buy a grey one and Neon JoyCons.

They sell single joycons, you don't have to opt for a swapped pair.

geeko

Californian here. Just woke up to find Amazon has changed my orders of a grey switch and BotW to 'preparing to ship'. Looks like it's still still set for Friday delivery. Awesome!!

Ok. Mine has been preparing since Sunday haha. I know BB has fast shipping for me, but I am in full paranoid mode now.
I have a BestBuy order (JoyCon and AC Adapter) that has been "preparing" since the day I ordered a month ago. I called them up about it last night (since I had another order from them, a Charge Grip, that already shipped and is arriving today), and the guy wasn't any help at all. "If it doesn't arrive by the 3rd, call us back and we'll discuss options"

What's the deal with all these fraud alerts everyone is getting? I don't recall this being a problem with other system launches, but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Because they charged us all at fucking 4am and our banks freaked the fuck out. Luckily mine let it go through.

Since Best Buy canceled my preorder without my permission and can't restore it, my hope is to get one at a midnight release. Since I don't have a preorder anymore how early should I show up to the store to get in line for one of the limited switches for walk ins? Anyone have any experience with midnight releases?

Dreamwriter said:
It's not quite the same, because the Neon JoyCon package has the colors swapped. Instead of blue-red, the JoyCons are red-blue. It makes it so if a person bought a Neon Switch and then the Neon JoyCons, they have four visibly different controllers for four-player play. Plus they can choose to go blue-blue or red-red if they want.

And if someone just wanted a Neon Switch and two controllers, that means they would be paying $80 extra for their Switch to buy a grey one and Neon JoyCons.
They sell single joycons, you don't have to opt for a swapped pair.
That makes it an extra $100 to get a Neon Switch...

Memles

What's the deal with all these fraud alerts everyone is getting? I don't recall this being a problem with other system launches, but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

I'm now curious to know whether or not my credit union would have flagged the purchases if I hadn't had them put a note on my account to allow for them. On the one hand, it's a lot of separate, consecutive purchases that were authorized in the middle of the night. On the other hand, I often make Best Buy purchases overnight when sales shift over on Sundays, and so it's not as though it would be unprecedented.

But I'm definitely glad I sent them a note—so far, so good with my in-store pickup items.

Esiquio

My Best Buy in-store pickup switched from "pre-order" to "preparing" this morning. The Switch itself had a "failed authorization" for the pre-order but this is no longer the case. Sharing in case that helps anyone!

JUST checked my BestBuy order (pickup in store), and mine is now Preparing as well! It wasn't when I last checked after midnight, and I also had a "failed authorization" that cleared up. Hallelujah!

GringoJB

Yeah, exact same situation here (BB shipping preparing since Sunday) so no worries! Although the order that has my carrying case shipped yesterday... heheh.

No sooner than I wrote this did my preorder actually ship! Keep an eye on your email BB shipping people!

Effect

Finally. Everything has either shipped or in the state of shipping now at Amazon.

Zelda: Master Edition - Shipped
Amiibo - Shipped (all arriving Friday
Switch - Shipping
Bomberman - Shipping

Need to cancel the best buy pick up now. That shifted into preparing. That can still be canceled right?

Esiquio

Finally. Everything has either shipped or in the state of shipping now.

Zelda: Master Edition - Shipped
Amiibo - Shipped (all arriving Friday
Switch - Shipping
Bomberman - Shipping

Need to cancel the best buy pick up now. That shifted into preparing. That can still be canceled right?

Maybe don't cancel anything until you actually get it, my man.

Gutek

Try not to be, even if you (as I just did) check your transactions only to find that what was once pending is just gone and the funds have returned... :|

Apparently it's just part of Gamestop's process. Pre-authorization phase is done. Now to await being officially charged and "shipped".

Um, GameStop never put a pre-auth on my card. ???

Despite my Switch, Pro Controller and charging grip already shipped from Best Buy and arriving tomorrow, my account hasn't been charged for any of these things.
I don't order from BB too often but I'm pretty sure they charge your card BEFORE they ship your items out or is this a special case?
For the record, the Switch is a separate order from the Pro and grip and I paid with my card directly via Paypal, if that matters.

tesqui

Amazon sure is taking there sweet time. At least now it says "Shipping Soon". Also states "Arriving by 8pm tomorrow. Hope it doesn't arrive that late.

Effect

Maybe don't cancel anything until you actually get it, my man.

Was thinking of that. Either waiting until the Amazon order actually arrives or once I get the tracking number. Just rather not have the Best Buy hold on the money right now though. I guess it's still a hold until I pick up right and can still cancel before doing? Or will I have to go tot he store once it's in the pick up phase? Haven't done to many preorders at Best Buy.

Got

Banned
BotW standard edition and Pro Controller are updated to Shipping Today but the pro controller shows as arriving on Tuesday still and BotW shows arriving tomorrow.

Still no movement on the Switch itself but showing as delivery for tomorrow.

I'd kind of laugh if everything but the actual console was shipped

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
MY BEST BUY IN STORE PICKUP SAYS ITS READY FOR PICKUP!

Yep, but they won't let you get it until either midnight or tomorrow. That's just how Best Buy in-store pickup works. The E-Mail tells you that you can pick it up, the fine print says on release date.

vgamer1

Switch Online Order Best Buy: Shipped to arrive tomorrow!
Switch In Store Pickup Best Buy - Preparing!
Zelda Master Edition Amazon - Shipped to arrive tomorrow!

In Pittsburgh, PA.

I posted last last night. lol like 3am but my switch and master edition both shipped via UPS.

Master edition is two day air
Switch is UPS ground (phx to Utah)

Really worried about that ground shipping on the console.

UD`

Neo Member
My Switch order just went from processing to Order Placed (backwards) and says undefined by Wed, Mar 8. Looks like ill be going to Gamestop or BB tonight and hope I get lucky.

nikos

Did you have any luck? My card was declined at 3am, the rep was no help to me and I'm too scared to retry, I have to wait another hour to call my store when they open.

Edit:

Because Best Buy decided to charge cards at an ungodly hour and triggered fraud alerts.

No progress here. Might go to the store during my lunch break. Tried to call twice but waited on hold for 20 minutes each and had to start at work.

Have you ever dealt with Target before?

They never shipped my PS4 Pro, so I don't trust them.

Top Bottom