• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Yep, but they won't let you get it until either midnight or tomorrow. That's just how Best Buy in-store pickup works. The E-Mail tells you that you can pick it up, the fine print says on release date.

Will the email inform you that you can pick up the item at midnight? or just the release day?

Neo_Geo

Banned
MY BEST BUY IN STORE PICKUP SAYS ITS READY FOR PICKUP!

Same, really annoying that they word it like that. My heart jumped for a minute thinking it may be a beautiful mistake or something. Maybe someone will get lucky though, probably register locked I would assume.

wwm0nkey

ae093e38d54c3aef75a68520f82fbbfe.png

I live real close to the distribution center(like 30min away) for BestBuy, so thats why my controller is probably still pending.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Will the email inform you that you can pick up the item at midnight? or just the release day?

I don't know about the E-Mail itself. I'd say, check the list of stores doing midnight launch or call the store just in case your store is doing it but isn't on the list posted.

Outside of that, their registers won't let it go before the date change to 3/3 local time.

HeySeuss

Just got my text from BestBuy saying my pickup is ready for tomorrow!!!!

Itshappening.gif

I'll save you princess Zelda!!!!!

Krakatoa

Checked my BB in store Pickup and it says ready to be picked up as well. I don't see any fine print saying wait until midnight.

Zelda BotW shipped from Amazon this morning (which I preordered on 2/3), with the BotW Zelda Amiibo (which I preordered on 3/1). It was a nice surprise to see them arriving together as Amazon indicated the Amiibo wouldn't make it until 3/7.

Garryk

Amazon:
Zelda SE -- Shipped via USPS (ETA Friday)

Best Buy:
Grey Switch -- In Store Pick-Up (Preparing)
BotW Amiibo Set -- Out for Delivery via UPS
Pro Controller -- Shipping (Preparing)
Charging Grip -- Shipping (Preparing)
Extra AC Adapter -- Shipping (Preparing)

Memles

Checked my BB in store Pickup and it says ready to be picked up as well. I don't see any fine print saying wait until midnight.

My emails explicitly say "ready for pickup on 03/03," so my guess is that some stores are being specific about this, and others are not, but they still can't sell you anything before midnight.

Jeels

For those doing Best Buy midnight, did you receive an email or anything like that from your store saying you can come in at midnight? I know my store is doing a midnight launch via the website, but I was wondering if they were sending any separate communications out.

jtrov

For those that had a Failed Authorization scare this morning from Best Buy and updated their payment information, rest easy. Had the same thing happen and now my item is "Ready for pick up". Can't wait for midnight now.

vgamer1

For those doing Best Buy midnight, did you receive an email or anything like that from your store saying you can come in at midnight? I know my store is doing a midnight launch via the website, but I was wondering if they were sending any separate communications out.

I did not get anything specific, and the store is listed on the site. Just got the "Ready to Pick Up" email, though.

Jeff-DSA

My Switch is preparing, along with 1-2 Switch and Bomberman at Best Buy. Zelda is still "pre-ordered" and I'm hoping it moves to preparing soon.

UCBooties

My Gamestop orders still haven't charged, they're supposed to ship today so... *shrug*

I won't worry until tonight.

I'm already worried

MrBenchmark

call your store but when i talked to mine they said if your order is ready the you can get your system then you will wait in the same line as everyone else.

Rhuidan

Neo Member
I've never done a console midnight launch, what time would everyone reccomened I arrive to the store at?

Depending on how serious you are about getting one, 3-4 hours early.
When I went to preorder I was 4 hours early, next person was only 20 mins later.
Come on Zelda Masters edition!

blackflag

Not charged yet but shipping changed to tomorrow by 8 and is preparing. Not stressed one bit. There's a major amazon whatehouse here in Phoenix. I regularly get things same day from them.

My Gamestop orders still haven't charged, they're supposed to ship today so... *shrug*

I won't worry until tonight.

I'm already worried

I think most of us who ordered from Gamestop are in the same boat.
The email I received laying out the charging/shipping/delivery dates was sent ~10:30 AM CST so hoping I receive tracking information around then (2 hours of freaking out).

MrBenchmark

I've never done a console midnight launch, what time would everyone reccomened I arrive to the store at?

as early as your comfortable waiting for i'm going to mine after I see Logan tonight around 11pm my time.

Yes local mail and amazon for the win my copy of Zelda and my BOTW carrying case are out for delivery!

careksims

Oh yes! Just woke up and saw they charged me and is at the Preparing for Shipment stage! Just ship it already! Hope I don't have to wait too long tomorrow for it. This is SoCal btw,

Ibuki

Banned
So delivery estimates are broken on my UPS shipments.

I know about the weather issues, but the shipments are being tracked normally, there is just no estimate. Based on where they are the Pro controller will be here today and Zelda will arrive someday.

Rhuidan

Neo Member
Received a call from my local eb games, confirming midnight release and that my order is intact.
LET US DO THE ZELDA THINGS!
Hyah!

wwm0nkey

You get an email you need to bring in to get your order, check your junk mail

Top Bottom