• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

rhino2627

Neo Member
My BB order is still showing "preparing" and "get it by March 2nd." This has to be some kind of cruel joke...

I wouldn't sweat it, my Best Buy Switch and Pro Controller both quoted a 3/2 delivery originally. UPS has both of them now scheduled for delivery tomorrow (3/3).

Do you know if you're near a Best Buy DC? Will probably be shipping to you overnight.

ViciousDS

Banned
hahaha all you guys who paid extra one day shipping from gamestop

MyChoiceUPS just told me my package is coming from gamestop and will arrive tomorrow.

God do I love UPS mychoice!!!!!

Stuff I bought:

BB: Switch Grey 1 - ordered Feb 3rd - Shipped
BB: Zelda - Jan 17th - Ready to pick up in-store
BB: Switch Grey 2 - Jan 13th - Preparing (in-store) :(

zGelfQD.png

Yesss

Wonder if they'll let me pick them up today hmmm

No, not even worth wasting your time.

charpunk

Just to make it clear for Best Buy people, you won't be able to pick up your orders today. The register system will block the transaction, so don't waste your time.

hokahey

Yes, pre-ordered online (Grey Joycon Version). I got it like the minute it went up, paid with a REDcard.

Crazy. Same for me all around. Well, at least it's a sign they're going to perhaps ship the damn thing on time, even if mine hasn't gone out yet.

EDarkness

Has anyone had their Amazon orders shipped yet? Mine says it'll arrive tomorrow, but hasn't shipped yet. I'm starting to get worried.

nullpoynter

My BB order is still showing "preparing" and "get it by March 2nd." This has to be some kind of cruel joke...

My Amazon order just hit the "Shipping today" stage. My orders from Best Buy are still stuck at the "preparing" stage as well. Still says I should get it on Friday though.

nikos

Can any Best Buy employees chime in regarding a canceled order for in-store pickup? I may go during my lunch to see if they can do anything for me. Payment failed authorization. Is this something that the store can accommodate, or will I burn my lunch for no reason?

Barrett2

This is bullshit.

My Amazon Horizon Zero Dawn pre-order was lost in transit and still not yet arrived. Now my Switch which I pre-ordered literally 3 min after they went up on Amazon is still showing "shipping soon."

My Walmart order, also placed 5 min after the Switch went up is showing est delivery March 07.

What the fuck!?!?!?!?

So what are my chances to get a Switch if i didnt preorder? Wanted to get this as a gift but couldnt preorder it at thebtime. And knowing nintendo they wont supply alot as it is.

shanafan

Breath of the Wild SE is ready for pickup at Best Buy. Woohoo.

Switch coming tomorrow though.

EDIT: Wait, it says tomorrow it is ready for pickup, lol.

hahaha all you guys who paid extra one day shipping from gamestop

MyChoiceUPS just told me my package is coming from gamestop and will arrive tomorrow.

God do I love UPS mychoice!!!!!

This is good news. My Gamestop employee told me they ship out all orders at the same time and assured me mine should come tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Kajiba

My Master Edition shipped.

Switch is preparing shipping now. Also amazon took the money out my account too. Think I'm good.

Kaibutsu

They absolutely will not. All of my preorders say they're ready for pickup a day early. If you click around, there is a section that tells you it can't be picked up until tomorrow, though.

Yeah the emails specifically say ready for pick up on March 03. Midnight is fine though if your store is open

Okay. That's good. I'll probably check later today to see if anything changes. If not, then I'll have to head to Fred Meyer to see if I can jump in on a possible midnight launch.

All my experience with Amazon release-date delivery has gone like this. It always seems to ship later than you'd expect, and the status doesn't update for a long while. 99% of the time it still shows up on release date as expected.

Those who are getting the Switch shipped by UPS:
Highly recommend making a MyChoice UPS account as, pending on the state you live in, it may require a signature at the time of delivery.
Just got an email stating mine required a signature and updated it to just be dropped off without authorization.

GPsych

So after my Switch preorder was weirdly flipped from in-store pickup at Best Buy to being shipped to me it finally listed as "shipped" yesterday. However, the tracker number puts it on UPS Ground and it left Oklahoma City this morning (I live in the Denver area). I'm thinking no chance that it actually gets here tomorrow via UPS Ground...

LotusHD

Banned
Wii U version of Zelda is getting ready to ship, they charged me.

But the most important thing, the Switch itself, is still taking its damn time...

K' Dash

Amazing that a ton of people are getting their shit early and/or ready and I'm here waiting for the fucking console to ship, not only that, I'm importing, so I'll have to add 2-3 business days to get to me, ugh...

RootCause

Amazing that a ton of people are getting their shit early and/or ready and I'm here waiting for the fucking console to ship, not only that, I'm importing, so I'll have to add 2-3 business days to get to me, ugh...

where are you getting the system from?

Malus

I hope Walmart gets it together on my order today. Otherwise I'll try Fry's and midnight and if that doesn't work I'll be checking the stores tomorrow and potentially Sunday morning.

_h8bit

Banned
My Switch (Best Buy), Zelda, screen protector and backpack (Amazon) have all shipped or are shipping today. The only thing I've seen with zero movement so far is my Pro Controller from GameStop which I fully expect to not meet it's original 3/3 delivery date :/

My BB order is in Parsippany since 6 this morning, hoping it shows up on my doorstep this evening. Any other tri-state people getting a delivery today?

Top Bottom