• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Switch is ready for pick up at my local BB

Yay!!

Got charged in the middle of the night by Amazon for my grey Switch and BOTW. Stoked! And with the Amazon Chase card rewards, I'm getting 5% back in Amazon credit. Got Friday off and I'm ready to rock and roll.

I have the same message, I assume I still have to wait till tomorrow to get it?

I checked my Best Buy account, it says in tiny text under the product;

Available Fri, Mar 3.

Getting it depends on who gives it to you, I will make an attempt to grab it after work. I was able to get Smash 4 on the Thursday before it released on Wii U from the same Best Buy.

Target Pre-order Crew:

I'm in Philly - just got word that my Switch is on its way from York, PA (Central PA). Shit, it actually may just get here for Friday.

LordofPwn

just got a google chrome notification that my switch is ready to pick up, still says march 3rd though so i assume i can pick it up at midnight and not right now?

Amazon switch order appears to be shipping now
Best Buy shipped

Still waiting on bb to ship Zelda, pro controller, and a few amiibo. I'm hoping they combine all of that since I'm having to reroute to the ups store for pick up

Fletcher

I'm sorry and I'm sure it's been asked/answered a bunch before. Will they let me pick this up at 9pm pst or do I have to wait until 12ampst?

Veitsev

just got a google chrome notification that my switch is ready to pick up, still says march 3rd though so i assume i can pick it up at midnight and not right now.

Thats correct. Kind of wish I had kept my BB preorder could have got it sooner.., 5% off with Amazon Visa was too tempting tho.

Yep, repping the southeast and I'm stuck on Preparing for some stuff, the Switch included. There was a hold on my card a couple days ago for the Switch price, but the hold is gone and the charge hasn't gone through yet.

Some accessories have shipped but not the console itself. Been super nervous that it won't ship in time.

Well it might just that they have very efficient routes in our area, so it will ship out later today and still come by tomorrow. Or a lot of warehouses here. So maybe if its across the board in the region, it isn't a sign of trouble and they just know they can fulfill it with less time than in other places.

Danger_Toast

Neo Member
Amazon, northern NJ:

Switch, games, and accessories still listed as "preparing for shipment, arriving tomorrow by 8 PM," no tracking info yet, but Amazon finally charged my card, so yay!

Tahnit

Banned
called best buy. Very nice woman on the phone explained that everything looks good and i should get everything tomorrow. So im reassured.

My Gamestop order is UPS too (paid for launch delivery) and it hasn't shipped yet. Got an email that it should arrive yesterday but on the UPS site it has not shipped. Just says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Anyone know if they require someone to be home and/or a signature? Really hope not

I don't even have a label at this point and paid for the ond day ship/release day delivery

maxcriden

just got a google chrome notification that my switch is ready to pick up, still says march 3rd though so i assume i can pick it up at midnight and not right now?

Is the store doing a midnight release? Not all of them are.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-g...ts/pcmcat183100050001.c?id=pcmcat183100050001

If they are, they should let you pick it up. You could call them to make sure, I suppose.

Mine still says arriving Tuesday but now says shipping today. Amazon mocking me. :(

Did you contact Amazon? You could see if they can confirm one way or the other. If it was supposed to come tomorrow, you may want to see if they can offer anything for your troubles. If it doesn't look like it will come tomorrow, you could go to Target before opening or another local store - I'd recommend calling any store to see how many they have and when they're selling so you have an idea of when to arrive. You could always just send back your console from Amazon then.

Peltz

Best Buy says my Switch is out for delivery today!

But Amazon says Zelda and 1-2-Switch won't come until tomorrow ;_;

I didn't anticipate owning the console a day early. It's going to be hell waiting for my copy of Zelda to arrive. Maybe I'll download a digital game or two to test the hardware tonight. Will Snipperclips be up?

ncslamm

Looks like I'm all set for tomorrow. Waiting on my amiibos to ship from Best Buy and my pro controller is still not saying ready for pick up. If I don't get those tomorrow it's not a big deal.

Amazon is on some sort of fuckery. My CE guide, Deluxe Guide, and Zelda Earbuds have no information besides the fact that I preordered them. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but I'm glad that's all I ordered from them.

gappvembe

Well fuck. I just realized my Zelda Collectors edition is getting shipped from Best Buy, not store pick up. I don't recall if I could only ship it when I ordered it, or I didn't choose it.

Oh well.
So it will be the Pro Controller, Neon Switch, Bomberman R, 1-2 Switch, and 5 Amiibos at midnight then. I'll be stalking the mailbox/driveway all day Friday then.

Why hasn't my Zelda shipped yet?
dWV74.gif

LordofPwn

and now i got notification for Zelda CE. now just for the Pro Controller. I might swing by BB on my way home and see if i can pick it up early and if not at least get full details for their midnight launch plans. Would be awesome to have this while I wait for Logan to start in the theater.

EDIT: Pro controller is now ready for store pick up. HYPE!

Aww man, just checked on UPS and my Zelda Master Edition isn't supposed to be delivered until Monday from GamesStop, maybe Tuesday now since I had to re-route the package to my new address. I really hope they pull off a miracle and get it to my by Saturday at least...

I hate new hardware launches. I don't necessarily need a Switch as I have about 10 PS4 games in my backlog and minimal time to play them, but now that launch is upon us I want one. I have no doubt I can have one either tonight at midnight or sometime tomorrow, but I just don't know if I should do it. The Switch itself seems just ok to me, but Zelda looks awesome... Damn it, Nintendo.

Anyone in Omaha, NE know if the Village Pointe Best Buy will be opening at midnight? The site says they aren't and I tried calling last night on the way home from work and they never picked up.

Soroc

So I have a Switch preordered with Best Buy and just got my text notification that it will be ready to pick up tonight.

Question for some savvy shoppers. I have Zelda preordered on Amazon but that may not be delivered to me until tomorrow the latest 8pm. So I'm wondering if I buy Zelda tonight from Best Buy (because now I don't want to wait!) can I return my Amazon copy of Zelda I get tomorrow to Best Buy?

^^
You might have to really carefully remove the bestbuy label but I see no reason amazon wound'nt accept it if its still factory sealed.

I preordered at a Gamestop B&M. Anyone have any idea how they typically work for midnight release? I'm assuming preorders have priority. I'd like to be able to swing by during the day and get a numbered ticket or something for when I come back at midnight. Definitely sitting out there for hours.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I haven't been following the switch stuff at all. Is there any chance of getting one without a preorder? What's the estimate for how backordered they will be? This won't be another Wii situation, will it?

vgamer1

So I have a Switch preordered with Best Buy and just got my text notification that it will be ready to pick up tonight.

Question for some savvy shoppers. I have Zelda preordered on Amazon but that may not be delivered to me until tomorrow the latest 8pm. So I'm wondering if I buy Zelda tonight from Best Buy (because now I don't want to wait!) can I return my Amazon copy of Zelda I get tomorrow to Best Buy?

If it's a retail copy of Zelda you should be fine. The Special/Master editions have different box art that won't allow you to do so.

Yay Amazon is prepping my shipment :D

I'll probably swing by Best Buy during lunch and pick up Zelda. No idea why I didn't order it from Amazon too :/

So my Pro Controller is coming from Amazon JP on Monday or Tuesday. I thought I could be patient but now I want one for tomorrow so I can start off Zelda the right way lol.

I wonder if I can find one in store anywhere?? Or am I SOL?

Bullza2o

My switch and zelda SE were preparing for shipment earlier this morning but it changed back to not yet shipped. Wtf amazon!!

Top Bottom