• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Got a text notification that my Best Buy order shipped, booted up my email as fast as I could to see if it was the console, ANNNNND......!

It was my carrying case that shipped. :(

Epcott

My UPS tracking for my BB preorder says my Switch and Zelda shipped yesterday and arrived in Horsham, PA around 9AM. I live in MD... I'm hoping it's at my door by the time I get off... but I doubt it 😆

Finally,
unknown.png

Just got a notification that my BB order is ready for pickup. It's taunting me. No mention of waiting till tomorrow. Just that it's ready. I wonder if I could really go and get it.

nvm. I see where it says available march 3.

I just screwed my Bomberman preorder. Walmart had the screen protector that I had preordered with Bomberman for $1 chaper than what I paid for my Amazon one. That, and the Amazon protector was set for next Tuesday delivery. Canceled the protector and now Bomberman was moved to Tuesday delivery.
I knew better, too. Should have waited for Bomberman to ship to cancel the other thing. Contacted support, so hopefully I'll still get it tomorrow.

h0tp0ck3t

Just hoping and praying that the GameStop One Day Shipping actually only takes one day since it hasn't even shipped yet.

And my order is for two day shipping cause there were no shipping options to choose when I ordered it. I didn't think to go back and switch it to overnight. I'm so fucked aren't I?

It turns out my card was locked because I had recently made a purchase at an Arbys that had been flagged for fraud, and that's why my Best Buy charge was declined. What fantastic timing! So now I have a re-enabled card I have to figure out if I can update payment info without my order being cancelled.

I really need to stop eating fast food.

Minions

I get the feeling that Gamestop is gonna drop the ball on this. Never understood why they are always seemingly the last retailer to ship (excluding Target lol)

I had Failed Authorization looming over my order nearly the whole time it was preordered. I was on the phone with Best Buy a handful or two of times asking what to do. They said everything looked fine on their end, but I always had a big red "Failed Authorization."

I can now finally breath. Can't wait to pick it up tonight.

Kaelan

Got charged for all my switch stuff, "preparing to ship now" which is nice . Says it'll arrive by 8 pm tomorrow, i hope its earlier because my campus's mail room closes at 5:30 :/

Tahnit

Banned
bestbuy shipped my switch finally. Should I be concerned though? It shipped this morning. Its supposed to be here tomorrow. Also zelda still hasnt shipped.

K' Dash

Amazon charged me

Switch console went from not yet shipped to preparing to ship back to not yet shipped

Fucking Amazon sucks

I ordered a Hori Tough Pouch yesterday morning and they put the delevery date for tuesday next week, I HAVE FUCKING PRIME, HOW ABOUT THAT FUCKING 2 DAY SHIPPING.

I won't even bother, I'll just use best buy from now on.

ViciousDS

Banned
GameStop order still showing open. A day before, I would at least expect it to say preparing or something else.

I can confirm that the labels are being made.

I have UPS MyChoice which immediately tells me when a label is made for my orders and they are being made as of this morning. I have my tracking number already, but the website says open as well for gamestop.

I also have MyChoice so UPS doesn't hand the shit off to USPS.....goes straight from UPS to my house. No more postal bullshit

Pastry

Banned
I can confirm that the labels are being made.

I have UPS MyChoice which immediately tells me when a label is made for my orders and they are being made as of this morning. I have my tracking number already, but the website says open as well for gamestop.

I also have MyChoice so UPS doesn't hand the shit off to USPS.....goes straight from UPS to my house. No more postal bullshit

That's good to know, I was wondering about my order lol.

For people who's best buy console order is still "Preparing," did your card get charged? Is the payment pending? And do you happen to be in the South/Atlanta/Florida area?

If we're talking about Amazon, yes, they charge me when it updates to "Preparing for Shipment." The payment is pending and I'm in FL. It took Zelda a couple of hours yesterday to go from preparing to on the way so I'm assuming it'll be the same here

parabolee

Damn! Why did I choose standard shipping from Target! That is a whole weekend of Breath of the Wild lost while leading up to Mass Effect Andromeda (which means goodbye Zelda)!

BFIB

Mine is preparing for shipment, and will be shipped later today. We have a large distro warehouse in IL and I'm in southern IL so this is the normal route.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am still debating how the fuck amazon is gonna shop in one day to Puerto Rico but this shit happened with the PS4 as well so I'll give them the benefit of doubt. Hope they don't fail this time :(

System and Zelda LE are ready for pick up!

Still pissed off about the charge snafu this morning, but I'll settle for being relieved that it turned out fine.

Best Buy really needs to overhaul their charging practices however with preorders.

I was only able to skim the last few pages, but has anyone's Walmart order shipped yet? I only ordered the red/blue joycon straps from there, but everything I bought elsewhere is shipped and on track for Friday. Meanwhile, Walmart is stuck on "processing" but still says expected delivery on March 3rd. Not a huge deal, but I'd like to have everything tomorrow.

Sullichin

So does Gamestop use UPS exclusively to ship? I have UPS MyChoice but no sign of an impending shipment....

My Gamestop order is UPS too (paid for launch delivery) and it hasn't shipped yet. Got an email that it should arrive yesterday but on the UPS site it has not shipped. Just says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Anyone know if they require someone to be home and/or a signature? Really hope not

Amazon shipped my Switch and screen protectors. Not my Zelda Special Edition though.

Best Buy shipped the Pro Controller + extra JoyCons yesterday.

For people who's best buy console order is still "Preparing," did your card get charged? Is the payment pending? And do you happen to be in the South/Atlanta/Florida area?

Yep, repping the southeast and I'm stuck on Preparing for some stuff, the Switch included. There was a hold on my card a couple days ago for the Switch price, but the hold is gone and the charge hasn't gone through yet.

Some accessories have shipped but not the console itself. Been super nervous that it won't ship in time.

Top Bottom