• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Soroc

^^
You might have to really carefully remove the bestbuy label but I see no reason amazon wound'nt accept it if its still factory sealed.

I preordered at a Gamestop B&M. Anyone have any idea how they typically work for midnight release? I'm assuming preorders have priority. I'd like to be able to swing by during the day and get a numbered ticket or something for when I come back at midnight. Definitely sitting out there for hours.

Thanks for the input but I'm actually looking to do the opposite. I would like to return my Amazon copy of Zelda to Best Buy? Shouldn't be an issue right? I'm just not sure if the UPC codes somehow indicate to Best Buy its not their product.

Kaelan

Mine is seemingly shipping today though it isn't expected until Tuesday, but it is probably in the same box as the Switch which is scheduled for delivery for tomorrow.

I was charged by amazon.jp even though it shouldn't be here till march 8th/9th

th4tguy

So my Pro Controller is coming from Amazon JP on Monday or Tuesday. I thought I could be patient but now I want one for tomorrow so I can start off Zelda the right way lol.

I wonder if I can find one in store anywhere?? Or am I SOL?
They are already on Walmart shelves for sale.

Soroc

If it's a retail copy of Zelda you should be fine. The Special/Master editions have different box art that won't allow you to do so.

Yup I have a Special Edition and a regular copy coming from Amazon tomorrow. Perfect, I'm going to pre-order Zelda from BB right now then so I can start playing it tonight and return the Amazon copy to BB over the weekend.

Thanks! That Zelda review thread has my hype through the roof!

beanman25

Everything looks good. All I gotta do is redirect the UPS shipment to my customer center so i can pick it up early tomorrow morning in stead of waiting until 6pm

vgamer1

Thanks for the input but I'm actually looking to do the opposite. I would like to return my Amazon copy of Zelda to Best Buy? Shouldn't be an issue right? I'm just not sure if the UPC codes somehow indicate to Best Buy its not their product.

The UPC codes are normally the same across retailers.

The only issue would be if you have ordered the Special/Master edition of Zelda from Amazon, those have different box art and are specifically marked to not allow them to be resold at retail.

EDIT: Should have refreshed the thread!

Flying out of the office tomorrow at 4:00 and going straight to GameStop to pick up my preordered system and Zelda limited edition. I've also just been told that I'll be getting my first 2 day weekend of the year, which is unheard of in public accounting this time of the year. I'm so excited for tomorrow!

Looks like I was concerned yesterday for nothing. My Switch is preparing for Shipment via Amazon and will be here with Zelda by 8pm. Phew.

ncslamm

In case you didn't know, the extra joy cons you can buy do come with the strap. I thought you had to buy them separately but I just opened my neons that came in and there's 2 straps in the box.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Best Buy store pickup for the system is still "preparing," even though my Zelda game is "ready for pickup (tomorrow."

Making me worried.

th4tguy

My bb preorder for the switch still says preparing. My gs preorder for pro controller says open. I'm used to preorders on amazon which does an awesome job of updating shipping status. Not sure if my stuff is going to come on the 3rd. Amazon shipped my switch case yesterday. That will be here tomorrow.

My Target pre-order shipped with an expected delivery tomorrow, I didn't pay for expedited shipping and originally it stated to arrive March 6th-9th. I live in Phoenix

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Amazon charged me

Switch console went from not yet shipped to preparing to ship back to not yet shipped

Fucking Amazon sucks

not sure if you saw my previous posts... but Prime has officially been canceled. Amazon's customer service for problems has gone down hill drastically in the past two years. Two years ago they would bend over backwards to make you feel like a valued customer. Now they will do the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM required, and if nothing is required, they will do absolutely nothing for you. I'm not paying $100 a year to get.... bare minimum customer service.

fuck those guys.

now I have to decide if I am going out at midnight tonight to get a switch.. or if I just wait until Tuesday. Fucking Amazon.

and for those saying "well.. your card got declined, that's not their fault.".. you are correct... EXCEPT... that I fixed it LAST NIGHT and my current delivery from Amazon is TUESDAY (which means Friday shipping). So how do people who have preparing for shipment TODAY have it set for tomorrow.. but I HAVE preparing shipment TODAY, and have it set for Tuesday, WITH PRIME.

Fuck Amazon. Prime canceled and it feels so good..

Ouroboros

Just saw my shipping label get printed on UPS MyChoice. They're doing it as we speak

1xyjD.gif

mcmudman

Neo Member
Masters Edition shipped from Amazon last night, thank goodness! Grr the console is still showing "not yet shipped" had an expected shipping day for yesterday too. Master and Switch are set for "arriving friday" but c'mon amazon ship me my goodies, why you teasing?!!

BB Switch still hasn't shipped. Still says I'm getting it today...lol. Same with Zelda, pro controller and other accessories.

They did ship 1-2 Switch earlier this morning so that's something I guess.

rhoq

I got an email from them on Feb 21st saying they will send shipping info on 3/2. If I don't hear anything by 5pm today I'm flipping over a chair.

Same. Received email on Feb 22 notifying me that I'd be billed on Feb 25th (I was) and that it would ship today (today) and be delivered on tomorrow. Still no change in status on my order.

not sure if you saw my previous posts... but Prime has officially been canceled. Amazon's customer service for problems has gone down hill drastically in the past two years. Two years ago they would bend over backwards to make you feel like a valued customer. Now they will do the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM required, and if nothing is required, they will do absolutely nothing for you. I'm not paying $100 a year to get.... bare minimum customer service.

fuck those guys.

now I have to decide if I am going out at midnight tonight to get a switch.. or if I just wait until Tuesday. Fucking Amazon.

and for those saying "well.. your card got declined, that's not their fault.".. you are correct... EXCEPT... that I fixed it LAST NIGHT and my current delivery from Amazon is TUESDAY (which means Friday shipping). So how do people who have preparing for shipment TODAY have it set for tomorrow.. but I HAVE preparing shipment TODAY, and have it set for Tuesday, WITH PRIME.

Fuck Amazon. Prime canceled and it feels so good..
I'm done with prime as well, had it for what like 6 years already. The bigger they got the shittier they got. One good thing about them is that they are great with returns or exchanges. My canon 80d fell in a lake and they shipped me a new one the next day. Besides returns or exchanges, they can go suck an egg.

Tendo

Is the store doing a midnight release? Not all of them are.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-g...ts/pcmcat183100050001.c?id=pcmcat183100050001

If they are, they should let you pick it up. You could call them to make sure, I suppose.

Did you contact Amazon? You could see if they can confirm one way or the other. If it was supposed to come tomorrow, you may want to see if they can offer anything for your troubles. If it doesn't look like it will come tomorrow, you could go to Target before opening or another local store - I'd recommend calling any store to see how many they have and when they're selling so you have an idea of when to arrive. You could always just send back your console from Amazon then.

I called yesterday. Got the run around, excuses, and nothing offered. All they would say was "they did their best and that I could cancel if I wanted"

This company has gone down the tubes in the last 12 months as far as customer support goes. 3rd major issue with them in the past year.

Ugh.... Zelda special edition from Amazon was supposed to ship out yesterday still hasn't shipped. Walmart order of neon joycon and Zelda amiibo says processing but is supposed to be delivered for site to store pickup tomorrow. Spare Walmart Zelda special edition processing but should be for pick up on Tuesday. Walmart.com switch still shows undefined by Mar 8.

Good thing I didn't get those days off.

ACE 1991

Not too familiar with console launches because I usually pick them at least a year after launch, but should we expect weekly shipments of Switches to retailers?

Got an update from UPS; my Switch will be here tomorrow from Gamestop, Gamestop hasn't even notified me yet lmao.

Mine heart clenches every time Insee Gamestop/UPS updates here....

Ah well, if all else fails, I WILL camp out at Target as this week's circular ad says they will have (naturally limited) copies of the Zelda SE for grabs Friday morning

Is there any chance that changing my ups delivery to store pick up will delay it? I really need to do store pick up but don't want to wait until Monday if it delays it at all

Ducayne

Welp my BB order is arriving after my cross country flight so guess I'll be in line tonight buying a second Switch unit and Zelda. If only BB will pick up their damn phone so I can get the deets on their midnight release.

God damn. My amazon delivery for the system got pushed to Monday!! It's already shipped and UPS is saying Monday too! Has this happened to anyone else?!?

shtolky

Bestbuy shipped my Pro Controller and Gray Switch yesterday, is out for delivery today. Amazon still hasn't shipped BOTW standard edition, but it still says arriving tomorrow.

I am in NYC.

agentreza

My pro controller from Best Buy shows read for pick up but "available" on Mar 3, anyone ever had luck picking best buy in store stuff earlier that launch date?

Peltz

Bestbuy shipped my Pro Controller and Gray Switch yesterday, is out for delivery today. Amazon still hasn't shipped BOTW standard edition, but it still says arriving tomorrow.

I am in NYC.

Same here basically. I shouldve went all Bestbuy. Why did I split my orders ;_;

Mine heart clenches every time Insee Gamestop/UPS updates here....

Ah well, if all else fails, I WILL camp out at Target as this week's circular ad says they will have (naturally limited) copies of the Zelda SE for grabs Friday morning

They sent it next day air so I'm assuming you'll be okay, I didn't even pay for the $15 f u fee they wanted, I just emailed them and said "yo, every other place is having release date delivery for free!", they replied "ok" and changed it for free.

LordDash

Banned
Same. Received email on Feb 22 notifying me that I'd be billed on Feb 25th (I was) and that it would ship today (today) and be delivered on tomorrow. Still no change in status on my order.

Don't worry, same thing on my end but I just got an email a few minutes ago from UPS regarding my Switch and it's going to arrive by tomorrow. I suggest signing up with UPS and creating an account with them to keep track of everything.

Top Bottom