• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Jeels

Weird, they were all part of the same order, but now my Zelda says ready for pickup but bomberman and the pro controller are still preparing.

Me. I updated my payment type and it's readyvfor pickup. No issues.

Thanks. I called and got pretty much the best rep ever to update my info and now my order is ready.

giphy.gif

MindofKB

Woke up this morning to see that my Amazon order for the console and Zelda had declined because I've gotten a new debit card since then and the one I used to make the preorder had been deactivated.

I completely forgot to update my payment info so I rushed to Amazon's site to update it and when I did, the arrival date changed to Tuesday. I called Amazon and Amanda in support was like,"You're the 2nd person who has called me today for this and it's only 7AM lol" She went into the system and changed my shipping to 1 day free of charge! Just like that, I'm back on track for tomorrow.

nullpoynter

My Amazon Switch order status has changed to "Shipping now". My Best Buy order for Zelda has just shipped, but my pro controller order is still preparing. Not the end of the world if I don't get the pro controller tomorrow, but would be nice to get it though. Not too much longer now :p

Slimebeherit

Neo Member
My Target order for the Neon Switch is still stuck in the "preparing to ship" phase and that it will arrive sometime between March 6th - 9th. Though I want to receive it by Saturday at the latest, I'm actually still worried that this order will just be cancelled.

Erv

Mine still says preparing for shipment and it will be noon soon. This distribution center better be close

rhoq

Don't worry, same thing on my end but I just got an email a few minutes ago from UPS regarding my Switch and it's going to arrive by tomorrow. I suggest signing up with UPS and creating an account with them to keep track of everything.

Done. Thanks. I see it :)

MindofKB

not sure if you saw my previous posts... but Prime has officially been canceled. Amazon's customer service for problems has gone down hill drastically in the past two years. Two years ago they would bend over backwards to make you feel like a valued customer. Now they will do the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM required, and if nothing is required, they will do absolutely nothing for you. I'm not paying $100 a year to get.... bare minimum customer service.

fuck those guys.

now I have to decide if I am going out at midnight tonight to get a switch.. or if I just wait until Tuesday. Fucking Amazon.

and for those saying "well.. your card got declined, that's not their fault.".. you are correct... EXCEPT... that I fixed it LAST NIGHT and my current delivery from Amazon is TUESDAY (which means Friday shipping). So how do people who have preparing for shipment TODAY have it set for tomorrow.. but I HAVE preparing shipment TODAY, and have it set for Tuesday, WITH PRIME.

Fuck Amazon. Prime canceled and it feels so good..

I had the same issue and called them this morning about it. They changed my order to one day shipping free of charge within a minute or two. Just give them a call.

They sent it next day air so I'm assuming you'll be okay, I didn't even pay for the $15 f u fee they wanted, I just emailed them and said "yo, every other place is having release date delivery for free!", they replied "ok" and changed it for free.

I've heard at least one other person here say this but I was taking NO chances, especially as I've never ordered from their site before.

Anywho~ On a much brighter note, JUST got an update from UPS MyChoice! Estimates delivery of tomorrow between 10:45am - 2:45pm! Woot!

LFnAJwB.jpg

h5bzxVE.jpg

Piggus

Hysteria at maximum levels. Reminder: it's normal for Amazon to ship new consoles the day before release depending on where you live. My PS4 didn't ship until 2:30 pm Thursday and arrived via UPS the next day (launch day).

Reminder 2: UPS estimates will sometimes give a date like Monday, but will than change to say "scheduled for early delivery" on the original estimated date. It's annoying, but that's just how they do it.

Fotos

Best Buy shipped my Switch this morning but the UPS tracking isn't available yet. Yesterday BB said it would be here today. After the BotW reviews I don't know if I can wait another night.

I'm in California btw.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
God damn. My amazon delivery for the system got pushed to Monday!! It's already shipped and UPS is saying Monday too! Has this happened to anyone else?!?

yeah, if you look at my posts, my payment got declined yesterday, so I updated it yesterday, and when it went to "preparing to ship" today, it says "Arriving by Tuesday" WITH Two Day shipping. So Amazon isn't even TRYING to ship it before tomorrow.

fuck amazon.

I had the same issue and called them this morning about it. They changed my order to one day shipping free of charge within a minute or two. Just give them a call.

he straight out told me he couldn't change it to one day shipping without effectively canceling the order. are you fucking kidding me? He said (this is literally copy and paste) "Any change I make to the order will effectively cancel it. As you know the Switch received a lot of orders. Any change I make will not let me get you a Switch shipped."

Yesterday, Amazon says my Switch is on the way and it'll be here tomorrow but the tracking number they gave me doesn't work yet. Meanwhile, it still says I'm supposed to get my Zelda ME tomorrow but it hasn't shipped yet and I haven't been charged for it yet. I'm starting to get a little worried

My Target order for the Neon Switch is still stuck in the "preparing to ship" phase and that it will arrive sometime between March 6th - 9th. Though I want to receive it by Saturday at the latest, I'm actually still worried that this order will just be cancelled.

To quote myself from the previous page, my Target pre-order shipped with an expected delivery tomorrow, I didn't pay for expedited shipping and originally it stated to arrive March 6th-9th. I live in Phoenix

I called customer service and they verified the expected delivery date, there is still hope!

yeah, if you look at my posts, my payment got declined yesterday, so I updated it yesterday, and when it went to "preparing to ship" today, it says "Arriving by Tuesday" WITH Two Day shipping. So Amazon isn't even TRYING to ship it before tomorrow.

fuck amazon.

Payment didn't get declined or anything. It was pick up yesterday (3/1) at 9pm by UPS and it's giving me the date for 3/6.

But I agree with you. Prime has become a shit show of late. I've been getting products later than I've been promised and I was reconsidering renewing for another year but wife convinced me to keep it.

I'm thinking of just picking up a system from some retailer and returning the amazon one but I don't want to go through the headache. I'm hoping UPS can somehow deliver it by tomorrow.

So much for relative-to-DC theory. My Switch just shipped from South Carolina and I'm in Atlanta. But at least it got going at 12 AM haha

Amazon Switch order changed to "shipping now" but after the last three arbitrarily vague qualifiers I don't really feel like that means anything.

ngower

Apologies if this has been answered, but if my Best Buy order is ready for pick up on Friday March 3, I assume I can pick it up at midnight tonight?

spookyfish

As of right now, I for sure, definitely have the Joy Con charging grip waiting for me at home.

So, yeah. I've never checked online orders as much as I'm checking these. So silly, but yet: here I am.

ColonelT

I have two separate Target.com preorders; one was just assigned a UPS tracking number, the other still says preparing to ship. Target's website still says arriving Thursday, March 9th for both.

MindofKB

he straight out told me he couldn't change it to one day shipping without effectively canceling the order. are you fucking kidding me? He said (this is literally copy and paste) "Any change I make to the order will effectively cancel it. As you know the Switch received a lot of orders. Any change I make will not let me get you a Switch shipped."

Wow, sorry man. You must have had a shitty rep because I woke up at 7AM this morning to an email that it got declined at 5AM. I called Customer Service immediately and had it all resolved within 5 minutes. My rep literally said,"I know a little trick that might work so let's seeeeee.....ok, your Switch and Zelda are arriving tomorrow. I changed your shipping to 1 day, free of charge! Enjoy your new game!" After the call I refreshed my orders page and now it says it's arriving tomorrow.

Acid08

Banned
Welp for some reason my payment was declined on Amazon even though there's definitely enough money in my account. Now my estimated delivery is Tuesday.

Effect

Surprisingly everything on Amazon is shipping via USPS. I thought it would be UPS. That means I'll likely get my items in the morning. Just need to see how the Switch itself ships.

DSPEED

Amazon has my neon joy cons as "shipping now" even though delivery is set for Tuesday. Maybe I'll get lucky and get them before then.

Wow what the Hell!?

I ordered 3 switches for me, a coworker, and the coworker's friend.

The grey I ordered from amazon is arriving today. That was for my friend who really didn't give a shit about it and looks like he's going to get it first.

My switch is instore at best buy to be picked up at midnight.

The third is to my coworker's friend which i ordered from best buy has yet to be shipped.

This is just cray.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Wow, sorry man. You must have had a shitty rep because I woke up at 7AM this morning to an email that it got declined at 5AM. I called Customer Service immediately and had it all resolved within 5 minutes. My rep literally said,"I know a little trick that might work so let's seeeeee.....ok, your Switch and Zelda are arriving tomorrow. I changed your shipping to 1 day, free of charge! Enjoy your new game!" After the call I refreshed my orders page and now it says it's arriving tomorrow.

trying on the phone now but this rep sounds as unhelpful as the last chat rep.

edit - nope. she said she tried expediting and the order wouldn't let her. and for her to create an order with one day shipping she would have to cancel that order which would lose my slot.

Top Bottom