• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Yep, I got charged for my stuff and most of it is arriving tomorrow minus the Pro Controller apparently? Says Tuesday still but I'm sure I'll get it tomorrow.

I hope I do, lol.

maxcriden

I called yesterday. Got the run around, excuses, and nothing offered. All they would say was "they did their best and that I could cancel if I wanted"

This company has gone down the tubes in the last 12 months as far as customer support goes. 3rd major issue with them in the past year.

Really sorry to hear it. You planning to hit a midnight or morning release as a backup?

Charadis

My Best Buy Neon Switch order changed to shipped through FedEx overnight from Kentucky. Expected delivery is tomorrow! Can't wait, it has been stuck on Preparing since Sunday

Wallach

Yep, I got charged for my stuff and most of it is arriving tomorrow minus the Pro Controller apparently? Says Tuesday still but I'm sure I'll get it tomorrow.

I hope I do, lol.

I'm pretty sure the Pro controllers aren't arriving tomorrow. They've never had a March 3rd release date for anyone from Amazon from what I understand.

AdanVC

Sighhhh.. I just received an email that the pay method of my cc was declined, probably because of lack of credit. I'm in Mexico so I'm paying $480 dollars for this shit and they came up with this. I also missed when Amazon Japan had a super nice bundle of Switch console + case + screen protector for $361 international shipping included... Siiiiighhh, it seems life doesn't want me to have a Nintendo Switch or play BotW because I can't even find a Wii U copy to play it there at least until a cheaper Switch offer appears. Switchmas totally ruined to me. Screw videogames and screw Nintendo of America who doesn't give a damn about Latin America customers so local distributors price their products at their will no matter how crazy expensive it can be. I'm done.

The Third Heat

Neo Member
Neither my Zelda from Amazon nor my Switch from Best Buy has shipped yet. My Best Buy estimate still says I'd get it today. I do not care for this game.

"Calm down
Just wait
Don't get upset
Don't worry"

Key pieces of advice that I'd like GAF and Amazon to shove up their ass. This launch has been a goddamn mess for some of us. Not cool.

Anyone know how big the system update is? If it's small enough I might set it to be tethered to my phone and let it download on the way home from best buy tonight.

Got my confirmatory text that Best Buy store pickup is ready for tomorrow, so I'll head there after work. I've got the Gray Console, Zelda Master Edition and 1,2 Switch there.

Amazon's shipping my other stuff. Got a charging grip, Super Bomberman R, and Neon Blue Joycons coming.

Surprisingly, they also packed in my Pro Controller after switching the ship date from March 3rd to March 7th, but then now I guess we're back on for March 3rd. Hurray for lowered expectations I guess.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
What's everyone's Gamestop status? I got a Master's Edition off eBay (sigh...) from someone that ordered off there, and status as of last night was just "open".

Kibbles

Hmm I had my package held for pickup at the ups center near me and it says it arrived there like half an hour ago, wonder if they'll let me pick it up? Guess I should give them a couple hours to sort that stuff first

Has anyone been able to pick up a Pro Controller yet at Wal Mart?

I'm hearing conflicting reports on this, and would like to pick one up today if possible. But it's a bit of a drive to my nearest Wal Mart, not sure if it's worth a trip to come back empty handed.

What's everyone's Gamestop status? I got a Master's Edition off eBay (sigh...) from someone that ordered off there, and status as of last night was just "open".

Still Open but UPS MyChoice shows that my label is created and the SE will ship via next day air wit delivery tomorrow between 10:45am and 2:45pm

jtar86

Just talked to Walmart they said their system wasn't correctly updating. Mine still says undefined March 3 but they assured me I could pick it up tomorrow.

I paid $8 to UPS to lock in a 2-hour delivery window.
So, my system will arrive tomorrow between 2:30PM and 4:30PM EST.

Zelda I don't think I'm going to pay the $8 for the delivery window, since:
1) It's also coming UPS, and I can't imagine they would make 2 separate deliveries to me on the same day, they'll probably deliver it at the same time
2) Even if Zelda does come toward the later end of its 2:30-6:30 window, that'll mean I have a couple of hours to set up the system and everything so that it would be ready for Zelda.

So, around 26:15 and 28:15 to go until my Switch is here.

nnarum

Does midnight gamestop or Best Buy launches have walk in units available?

My bestbuy did. I preordered, but called a head today to see what time they recommend showing up to process the orders.

He said they have a handful, give or take what that means to quantity though.

shanafan

"Calm down
Just wait
Don't get upset
Don't worry"

Key pieces of advice that I'd like GAF and Amazon to shove up their ass. This launch has been a goddamn mess for some of us. Not cool.

I am not sure how a launch has been deemed a mess when the official launch date hasn't come yet.

If Saturday morning comes, and your stuff hasn't been delivered, then I would say it has been a mess. But, worrying about shipping statuses when Amazon and Best Buy ships a lot of things overnight is something that someone shouldn't get upset about.

Just my two cents.. I order a lot from Best Buy, and a lot of times a Tuesday release is shipped out the day before for me.

My Amazon Pro Controller Order seems like it's about to (hopefully) get bumped up to Friday or Saturday. It had listed Tuesday, March 7th, as the delivery date since I pre-ordered it, but that was under the assumption that they weren't shipping it out until Friday.

The status on my order changed from "Pre-ordered" to "Preparing Shipment" overnight, and now says "Shipping Today."

Don't know how Amazon operates that everything is preparing for shipping, or has shipped, and should arrive tomorrow, yet the Pro Controller says Monday. Hoping for a surprise and it's here tomorrow.

BB in-store pickup for Grey Switch, Bomberman and Pro Controllers confirmed. Still waiting on shipment for Neon Switch and Special Edition Zelda.

Illucio

Banned
Best buy just shipped my order via UPS

Hype intensifies
5Ltz1EH.gif

Zelda + Switch are ready for pickup.

Still waiting on Bomberman confirmation and my Pro Controller shipment.

I also have a Zelda Special Edition order at GameStop that's still open even though I tried to cancel it and hasn't charged yet. Hmmmm....

Turned on the radio and the song Glory was playing. I looked on my account and Amazon just charged me and my Switch will be delivered tomorrow! When the Glory comes!

pargonta

Gamestop orders are on the move now.

I received my gamestop tracking number email a little while ago for a Pro Controller. since i paid extra for release day delivery it is saying march 3rd expected. NC here, now to follow the ups website with the tracking number

yay!

Seiru

Banned
Amazon just changed "Monday" back to "Tomorrow".

I don't know what to believe anymore. I can't take this rollercoaster ride of emotions.

javadoze

Bestbuy (Breath of the Wild): On track for tomorrow.

Gamestop (Gray Switch and Day1 shipping): Nothing...

Don't screw this up, Gamestop...

I am not sure how a launch has been deemed a mess when the official launch date hasn't come yet.

If Saturday morning comes, and your stuff hasn't been delivered, then I would say it has been a mess. But, worrying about shipping statuses when Amazon and Best Buy ships a lot of things overnight is something that someone shouldn't get upset about.

Just my two cents.. I order a lot from Best Buy, and a lot of times a Tuesday release is shipped out the day before for me.

It's not just shipping tho. It's delay of billing, cancelled orders, pushed back dates without notice. I know it can't be a perfect release and hiccups are bound to occur. It just sucks when you have all your ducks in a row and the companies that get paid big bucks don't.

Totakeke

Zelda SE, Bomberman, Switch, and Pro Controller are ready for pickup tomorrow at BestBuy. No emails yet on the Switch Console though.

bumpkin

So... eShop preorders. Will they work fine if you have yet to set your system up yet? Like, will they just queue up and it'll reconcile once your system says "I'm ready?"

Top Bottom