• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Got a call yesterday from Gamestop by my job. Said they'll have it in Friday but can't hold it past end of day Friday. Shouldn't be an issue.

Just hate carrying a console on the subway on launch day, lol.

My Best Buy order status says the switch is ready for pickup right now. Zelda is still in progress though. Any pick theirs up in store yet?

Nah, you can't get it until midnight. If you signed up for text notifications, you should get a text that says pick up between March 3rd and 11th.

FettS1

Neo Member
Just got my official email from Gamestop!

FYI - I'm in Maryland. Apparently it's being overnight shipped from Kentucky.

big_erk

This has become my most anticipated console release in recent memory.
keep-calm-and-switch_zpsi2enxad2.png

KevinG

Switch and Pro Controller from Amazon have been wonky all day.

From Preparing, to Not Yet Shipped, back to Preparing, then to Shipping Today to Shipping Now and back to Shipping Today.

Last Night my order went from Preparing for Shipment to Not Yet Shipped, and it's now back at Preparing for Shipment. Charges have been in the pending state on my card for over 24 hours... Still says I'll receive it by tomorrow at 8pm though.

Lucario

Switch and Pro Controller from Amazon have been wonky all day.

From Preparing, to Not Yet Shipped, back to Preparing, then to Shipping Today to Shipping Now and back to Shipping Today.

Same here. Pretty far from a distribution center too, so I'm not optimistic.

Mihos

Gold Member
If you live in or near a hub city, sometimes you won't get an individual tracking number because the system is on a pallet with other people in your areas units and will not be individualized until the pallet is broken down locally. I have had things from Best Buy not give me a tracking number until the same day as delivery, and have even looked up the tracking numbers sent to me to see it already has been delivered before.

this Amazon "Preparing for shipment" nonsense is KILLING me

Mine was preparing at 6 am this morning and switched back to not yet shipped

Now, I'm in Texas and about 35 miles from the distribution center in Dallas but our USPS service is fucking terrible here. In the 2 years I've lived here I've gotten like 10 of those"sorry we missed you!" slips on anything heavier than 3 pounds

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
After an incident today of a co-worker opening a piece of furniture I had shipped to my workplace I'm gonna have to keep an ear out for UPS so I can intercept my package when it arrives.

J4mm1nJ03

Woo, Pro Controller for Best Buy just shipped. I can't see the actual details yet but it should be coming tomorrow I assume. Now I'm just waiting for Amazon to ship my Switch, 1-2 Switch, and case, which are all marked as shipping today. Can't wait!

I'd reconsider the Airpods, these things are amazing, love the fact that there are no wires.

I will still get a pair. Just waiting for 1.) the product to be more readily available. I want to walk into a store and get them like you did. And 2.) I want to wait and see what the new iphone is like this fall

dottme

I've just found that there is a Zelda poster for Best Buy midnight release on there website.
So I'll try to grab my switch tonight.

zreese

Neo Member
Ahhh my Amazon pre-order now has a delivery date of Tuesday! I called customer service and they said it's already shipping so they can't do anything about it. Does anyone know of inventory numbers for Best Buy/Gamestop/Walmart? Might camp out for a walk-in at midnight.

- Gamestop Grey Switch shipped, arriving tomorrow.
- Zelda from Amazon Shipped, arriving tomorrow (shipping via amazon shipping services :(...)
- Amazon Neon Still says shipping soon...
- Pro Controller Ready for Pick up from Best Buy

Think I'm almost there!

Morts

I got the shipping notification from Best Buy around 11 am. Tracking says Awaiting UPS pickup.

I probably should've ordered Zelda. And a Pro Controller.

Best Buy says "items ready for pickup"
What a tease. Why can't I just go there and pick it up right now 😫😫......🤔🤔🤔🤔

LucidFlux

Since this morning, 2/6 of my orders with Best Buy (Atlanta) have shipped. (Zelda and a Pro Controller)

The other 4 are still "preparing" (various amiibos, Switch Console, another pro controller, Zelda for Wii U)

All orders still say 3/3 arrival.

Just a heads up in case people are still waiting on Target.

They just shipped my Switch which will most likely arrive on Saturday.

Best Buy Switch and pro controller should arrive tomorrow.

Top Bottom