• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

poros1ty

Amazon already delivered my Switch + Zelda an hour ago. I am impressed. :)

It shipped yesterday evening and I'm not far from the amazon facility in Maryland.

RWaSqnk.png

wowzors

Everything but Zelda master edition and pro controller has shipped from best buy. Not the end of the world if I don't get them tomorrow ill just buy digital and sell the edition I suppose.

The Southwest Michigan Best Buy store I am going to said they had extras. I felt a bit scummy asking this to the associate, but I preordered a Grey and would really like the Neon (same as just about every one else. Haha!), so I asked if it was possible to swap SKUs. She said "yes," if I got there early enough.

Now I'm in Indiana and there's a time change, but now the question is do I got there early or show up at midnight and be happy with the grey? It's going to be 23F there tonight, so that is a major factor for lining up outside. :p

Since this morning, 2/6 of my orders with Best Buy (Atlanta) have shipped. (Zelda and a Pro Controller)

The other 4 are still "preparing" (various amiibos, Switch Console, another pro controller, Zelda for Wii U)

All orders still say 3/3 arrival.

In the exact same boat. I think it's definitely a good sign that you, me and another poster all around there have the same status. It probably just means that itll be processed later today, and come from their regional warehouse by tomorrow.

Gamestop pre-order:

I'm a bit concerned.

The charge hold for the switch that Gamestop has had on my card all week is now gone, nothing has changed on the gamestop's website for my order history, still says open.

Yet I did get a UPS tracking confirmation that the order is processed, not shipped yet.

Anyone else? I'm sure it's just a bit early to worry.

Best Buy says "items ready for pickup"
What a tease. Why can't I just go there and pick it up right now ����......��������

You technically can.... but that depends on how much of a silver tongue you have. If you ride in there with your pre-order note that says

HUUR DURRR READY FOR PICK UP ON 3/3 HURR DUURURR

They won't release the goods.

But if you bring in your pre-order note, and show the item number(not the date of release), and not act suspicious... if you get the right person, they will give it to you.

It's an art form.

tesqui

Alight amazon it's not funny anymore you can go a head and ship my Switch please. I know I know, you're just goofin around, but please just stop messin.

h0tp0ck3t

Gamestop pre-order:

I'm a bit concerned.

The charge hold for the switch that Gamestop has had on my card all week is now gone, nothing has changed on the gamestop's website for my order history, still says open.

Yet I did get a UPS tracking confirmation that the order is processed, not shipped yet.

My payment also is gone too so I think that is normal.
No tracking info for me though

Edit: I'm going to end up crashing either MSN UPS or Gamestop's sites from all my F5ing

ViciousDS

Banned
The Southwest Michigan Best Buy store I am going to said they had extras. I felt a bit scummy asking this to the associate, but I preordered a Grey and would really like the Neon (same as just about every one else. Haha!), so I asked if it was possible to swap SKUs. She said "yes," if I got there early enough.

Now I'm in Indiana and there's a time change, but now the question is do I got there early or show up at midnight and be happy with the grey? It's going to be 23F there tonight, so that is a major factor for lining up outside. :p

that's it? Pretty warm honestly compared to some midnights I've gone to

The insane part of my brain is actually worried I won't be picking up my preorder from GameStop tomorrow until 10am, instead of doing a midnight launch.

Please tell me I'm crazy for being worried.

Gamestop pre-order:

I'm a bit concerned.

Kind of in same boat but I would say it's too early to worry. If UPS confirms the order is processed then you are good. I'm in the same boat where no word from Gamestop yet shipping labels created and just waiting on unit to leave distribution center.

I have overnight air so imagine it should be heading out soon.

5sQolTo.png

You're cutting it real close Amazon.

I've got the same exact thing. Though if I check on Mobile it comes up as Preparing to Ship.

Guys. How do I get a Pro controller at this point?

I would say depends on the area you live in maybe? I think I should have an okay chance because there's multiple places in my region. Same small stretch of highway by my house alone has two Gamestop, Best Buy and a Target. And I could hit up two more Targets on my commute home without really deviating from my path.

Gamestop pre-order:

I'm a bit concerned.

Pretty much the same situation with a time window for delivery, but my hold went away days ago.

My best buy preorder of Zelda is ready for pick up but my switch isn't. It's a little concerning. It says awaiting authorization on my card in one of the descriptions. Gonna be worried if it isn't ready to pick up by like 6 or 7 tonight.

ss_lemonade

Shit, I tried changing my UPS delivery settings (after the option became available this morning) to direct my packages to the nearest UPS store which is like a mile and a half away from home so I could pick them up after work. Didn't know that it would affect delivery date and bump it to next Monday! I cancelled the request immediately after it was stuck in pending for an hour.

My cancellation request is still pending. I hope this doesn't kill my delivery for tomorrow :(

Codeblue

Honestly had a take it or leave it attitude towards when this thing would get here, but that Zelda review thread changed some things.

Nakazato

Gamestop pre-order:

I'm a bit concerned.

I didn't even get a ups number yet and I spent 15 dollars on expidited shipping

mrndkra

Amazon shipped my Switch just now and I used my UPS membership to pick it up across the street from my place. Delivery date is now 3/6 instead of 3/3. Fuuuuuuuuccckkk.

Kibbles

Welp, it arrived earlier at the facility I had it held for pickup for but the lady told me it's not unloaded and it will go through the system today and I can pick it up it the morning. Shit they can send packages across states in hours but I can't pick up a package that's been sitting here for hours? >_> oh well not in a rush anyway don't got any games for it, just might be too busy tomorrow to pick it up.

Gamestop pre-order:

I'm a bit concerned.

Same situation here. I'm giving it till the end of the day before thinking about worrying. The order is there, so it's gonna ship no matter what.

ViciousDS

Banned
The worst midnight launch I ever partook in was for the Microsoft Xbox. 10 hours of waiting, while being pelted by rain, followed by sleet. It was not the most fun thing I'd done in my life. Totally worth it, though!

hahaha, Yes PS4 was my last midnight.

We even had it pre-ordered and stood in line for 2 days. Had a camper as well, sat till store closed. Average temp was about 15......I was so fucking frozen. We turned on the oven burners in the camper to warm it up hahaha

KevinG

Both my Switch and Pro Controller have shipped in the same box.

Switch scheduled for delivery tomorrow and the Pro Controller scheduled for Tuesday (according to Amazon). I'm going to take this as a good sign that the Pro Controller will be here tomorrow.

Shipping from an hour or two away in Ruskin, FL, while I'm in Cape Coral, FL (pretty much Fort Myers).

Kyne

The insane part of my brain is actually worried I won't be picking up my preorder from GameStop tomorrow until 10am, instead of doing a midnight launch.

Please tell me I'm crazy for being worried.

you're not crazy at all.

some incompetent gamestop employee is going to sell your reservation to someone at the midnight launch.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have no idea why I read this thread. I already have in store pickup from Best Buy. I'm just feeling everybody else's stress, lol.

Also, Best Buy better have my stuff or else I'll go from 0 to STUPID instantly.

Master Edition is now in transit and will be here tomorrow from indiana. Meanwhile my switch from AZ is ground and not picked up by UPS yet.

FUUUUCK

Gamestop pre-order:

I'm a bit concerned.

Edit: Boom just got the Gamestop confirmation

So I still haven't gotten a shipping email from GameStop for my preorder.

Paid extra to have it at home day one, what should I do?

Same here. I paid extra for release day delivery and it's still just "open" with no tracking information. Technically, this is the Switch for my boyfriend. Mine is supposed to be at BestBuy tonight at a midnight launch, and even that one isn't "ready to be picked up" status yet like my Zelda game is.

ESBL

I will still get a pair. Just waiting for 1.) the product to be more readily available. I want to walk into a store and get them like you did. And 2.) I want to wait and see what the new iphone is like this fall

Oh I ordered them online from Best Buy, Visa Checkout $25 off and had a $10 coupon off anything, took the 6 weeks to get here but its $35 off an expensive ass product.

Steejee

UPS *just* updated with my GameStop shipments, ETA tomorrow.

Still says 'open' for both my orders and no tracking number yet on GameStop.

Yay!

Top Bottom