• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

mrndkra

Shit, I tried changing my UPS delivery settings (after the option became available this morning) to direct my packages to the nearest UPS store which is like a mile and a half away from home so I could pick them up after work. Didn't know that it would affect delivery date and bump it to next Monday! I cancelled the request immediately after it was stuck in pending for an hour.

My cancellation request is still pending. I hope this doesn't kill my delivery for tomorrow :(

Hey same here! Hooray for unnecessary stress. Now I had to pay 5 bucks to try and get it delivered tomorrow like it was originally supposed to arrive. Ffs.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Switch ready for pickup

Next step: Jedi mind trick the cashier

These are not the Switches you're looking for.. wait.. no.. I mean.. those are the Switches you're looking for. Now.. meet me outside of the store at my car with it and everything else I ordered.

Ashby

Will BB give my Switch away if I don't go to the midnight launch? Of course I get as sick of a dog right as the thing is coming out.

Charadis

Oh I ordered them online from Best Buy, Visa Checkout $25 off and had a $10 coupon off anything, took the 6 weeks to get here but its $35 off an expensive ass product.

Same here, $25 off with visa checkout, but used the $10 off on a 3DS game. Figured it's basically the same if I'm buying both anyways :p

Airpods arriving tomorrow via usps, and switch by FedEx. Both shipped by Best Buy, will be worth the wait.

K' Dash

fmzWZMt.png

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSS!!!

At fucking last.

Ta11geese

1:30 pm in NY and still "in process" from BB for my Pro Controller...

Unless they over night it is see no way of this getting to me by tomorrow.

you're not crazy at all.

some incompetent gamestop employee is going to sell your reservation to someone at the midnight launch.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You monster.

My Switch and Pro Controller were just delivered (Best Buy - NYC). Couldn't have asked for a smoother experience.
Man, if my copy of Zelda had been delivered a day earlier, I wouldn't even have to come into the office for a half day tomorrow.

I'm freaking out right now...

Please Amazon, just fucking ship it.

I deeply want to know what the fuck happened with this. I'm still reasonably confident that they're going to ship mine/everyone else's in this boat, albeit worryingly late, but why? This is a noticeably widespread issue. What happened?

Best Buy Switch is ready for pickup!!

Amazon switch and BOTW are both lined up for delivery tomorrow, but haven't shipped. They assure me I'll be ok since there is a distribution center in the same state (Wisconsin) as I am....Expecting late delivery I guess.

So I got a shipment confirmation from GameStop and delivery says Monday. Then, I got an email from UPS saying that I'm getting a package tomorrow from GameStop. I only have the switch coming from GameStop. So who do I believe?!?

Looks like my Walmart order is still set for shipping to store mid-next week, according to the CS rep I talked to (shipping at the time on their site was going to be a helluva lot more than what it would cost in gas to drive to the one near my house).

Might get lucky and the guy doesn't know what he's talking about, but sucks if it ends up being that.

ViolentP

I deeply want to know what the fuck happened with this. I'm still reasonably confident that they're going to ship mine/everyone else's in this boat, albeit worryingly late, but why? This is a noticeably widespread issue. What happened?

Has anything happened? As long as it is delivered by the promised date, is there an issue?

Ibuki

Banned

This would be my first console launch from Amazon and people keep saying this is normal.

Trying to relax...

shtolky

You monster.

Man, if my copy of Zelda had been delivered a day earlier, I wouldn't even have to come into the office for a half day tomorrow.

I was considering canceling my Amazon BOTW order and downloading it tonight (if that's even possible), but I wanted the physical release for this game (I also have a Special Edition on the way later in the week). I'll probably futz around with the system and maybe play some Shovel Knight. Exciting times ahead.

StAidan

I got my "ready for pickup" email for my Best Buy Switch console, nothing yet for the Zelda Special Edition though. I'm actually a little worried that I won't get it, as that happened to me once when I ordered an amiibo for in-store pickup (back in the dark days of limited amiibo quantity).

I was considering canceling my Amazon BOTW order and downloading it tonight (if that's even possible), but I wanted the physical release for this game (I also have a Special Edition on the way later in the week). I'll probably futz around with the system and maybe play some Shovel Knight. Exciting times ahead.
Part of me is still considering going to the midnight launch and doing the same (downloading Shovel Knight, I mean).

In Meriden, CT
My Switch started out in New York, and is now in Hartford, CT - about 20 miles from me.
I wish I could just go pick it up from there.

JavyOO7

dalé, Amazon pulled through and now shipping the Switch and the BOTW amiibos in one box. I'll be at work when it delivers tomorrow though and won't be able to play until close to midnight... shieeet

Has anything happened? As long as it is delivered by the promised date, is there an issue?

I've ordered several launch systems, an innumerable amount of launch games, and the bulk of my household goods from Amazon over the past five years. They have *never* waited this long to ship. I don't live near a distribution center. If it does end up being delivered to me on time, it's going to be overnighted or delivered by a courier-esque service like local On-Trac. This process has never been this nerve wracking.

So I do genuinely feel like something happened.

This would be my first console launch from Amazon and people keep saying this is normal.

Trying to relax...

Not my first, but me too man. I'm looking forward to feeling stupid tomorrow afternoon, but things seem horribly uncertain at the moment.

Persona7

Banned

Amazon has overnighted new release games in this manner since they started release day delivery. There is nothing out of the ordinary with how this has been handled. I have had new release games scanned into the system after pickup five hours before they reach me.

nikos

Best Buy couldn't do shit about my canceled preorder. Said "Wow, that sucks. Call support." Support couldn't do shit. Wasted my lunch break. I did my due diligence days ago by going in to make sure there wouldn't be an issue. Should cancel the five games I have preordered there.

The person who is handling the Switch preorder will be there at 6pm, so I may try again.

I got my "ready for pickup" email for my Best Buy Switch console, nothing yet for the Zelda Special Edition though. I'm actually a little worried that I won't get it, as that happened to me once when I ordered an amiibo for in-store pickup (back in the dark days of limited amiibo quantity).

Mine is the opposite. I got my "ready for pickup" email about the Zelda Special Edition, but not the Switch yet. I'm far more concerned about not getting the Switch than I am Zelda (as I could just download it from the store or something if nothing else).

ViolentP

I've ordered several launch systems, an innumerable amount of launch games, and the bulk of my household goods from Amazon over the past five years. They have *never* waited this long to ship. I don't live near a distribution center. If it does end up being delivered to me on time, it's going to be overnighted or delivered by a courier-esque service like local On-Trac. This process has never been this nerve wracking.

So I do genuinely feel like something happened.

I just find it odd that you are looking for answers to an issue that isn't yet an issue. I'm confident you will get yours tomorrow. No need to wrack them nerves.

TreIII

My money's already been taken, so I'm pretty sure it's just the shipping guys that haven't updated yet.

Either way, I'm READY.

It originally said it would arrive Tuesday. I was charged for the Pro controller along with everything else this morning.

Cool, I suspected that would happen. We'll see if my Amiibo and Pro controller end up shipping with my Switch today and all arrive tomorrow. They do say Preparing for Shipment, so I suspect that's what's happening.

Piggus

Amazon is overnight shipping everything from Florida. FLORIDA. Really Amazon? You couldn't find a Switch and a copy of Zelda in one of your bajillion west coast distribution centers?

Doesn't matter as long as it shows up on time, but that seems like a really inefficient place to ship from.

I just find it odd that you are looking for answers to an issue that isn't yet an issue. I'm confident you will get yours tomorrow. No need to wrack them nerves.

I'm just nervous. It's going to be a long frustrating weekend if this doesn't ship out, and because they charged me I can't just go buy it elsewhere without an unreasonable amount of extra work.

Top Bottom