• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

DSmalls84

Switch and Zelda shipped from Amazon, and Best Buy shipped my Pro controller. Just waiting for Wal-Mart to ship my Nintendo case/screen protector.

Ion Guru

Cool, I suspected that would happen. We'll see if my Amiibo and Pro controller end up shipping with my Switch today and all arrive tomorrow. They do say Preparing for Shipment, so I suspect that's what's happening.
Yea I think you'll be good. Seems like they just indicated next Tuesday as a precaution. I suspect Amazon actually received the Pro controllers from Nintendo pretty late.

Theswweet

My Amazon Zelda order FINALLY says preparing for shipment, so that's something. Now, if only my GameStop.com order of a Switch would ship out.

My switch left South Carolina at 12:30 AM this morning to be dropped off with USPS.

I live in Atlanta.

That's a four-hour trip.

It's been 14 hours and my Switch has not checked in anywhere. Not at USPS or either of the TWO DCs in Atlanta.

I cry.

ViolentP

I'm just nervous. It's going to be a long frustrating weekend if this doesn't ship out, and because they charged me I can't just go buy it elsewhere without an unreasonable amount of extra work.

I hear ya. I've already prepared myself mentally for the possibility it arrives Monday.

Still haven't heard from GameStop and my iPhone's screen just stopped working.

MqoyyGY.jpg

Ion Guru

Amazon is overnight shipping everything from Florida. FLORIDA. Really Amazon? You couldn't find a Switch and a copy of Zelda in one of your bajillion west coast distribution centers?

Doesn't matter as long as it shows up on time, but that seems like a really inefficient place to ship from.

Mine is shipping overnight from Florida too, but I live in Miami so it makes a bit more sense.

VARIA

Yeah, my GameStop order of the Master Edition still says "open."

Thankfully I ordered a regular Switch version of Zelda with Amazon which (allegedly) is shipping today according to my order status.

But starting to get concerned that GameStop wont follow through with my Master Edition order.

I'm just nervous. It's going to be a long frustrating weekend if this doesn't ship out, and because they charged me I can't just go buy it elsewhere without an unreasonable amount of extra work.

Should relax. Probably in the same situation as me. I live maybe 30 miles or so from the nearest distribution center and mine has not shipped out yet either.

Got the notice that my best buy preorder will be available to pickup in store tomorrow.

I swear to god if any employee tries to sell the console out from me.

aka_bueno

As of earlier this morning my Amazon Switch (grey) updated to Shipping Now, Delivered by Tomorrow 8pm. Spirits lifted.

No update whatsoever on my Walmart Switch (neon) beyond the initial Order Received, undefined by March 3rd. I'll probably just cancel this one, or maybe just keep it and sell it whenever it ends up arriving. Who knows, but yeah...no hope in receiving this one this week.

San Diego.

GeeDuhb

My bestbuy did. I preordered, but called a head today to see what time they recommend showing up to process the orders.

He said they have a handful, give or take what that means to quantity though.

What did they say about that? I have been meaning to call but I have not got a chance to do it at work today.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Meanwhile, the weather outside in my area of NY be like
giphy.gif

and all I picture is how it is outside when packages are going to be left outside by UPS.

Fotos

So mine shipped from bestbuy early this morning. UPS doesn't give me any tracking detail but BB said it would be here today. Should I accept that it's not coming today or should I still have hope?

DNAbro

As time progresses I get a bit more worried. I find it weird that Zelda and the Switch are 2 separate packages. Please don't mess this up Amazon.

shanafan

So mine shipped from bestbuy early this morning. UPS doesn't give me any tracking detail but BB said it would be here today. Should I accept that it's not coming today or should I still have hope?

If something shipped today, I would assume it would come tomorrow.

Check your order on Best Buy's website. There is a tracking button on your order page.

All my Switch related orders have now shipped. Best Buy just shipped the pro controller and screen protector kit today so I'm not expecting them tomorrow, but who knows, we'll see.

Ouroboros

Gamestop finally updated my Switch. Tomorrow end of day via UPS.
Amazon finally updated my copy of Zelda. Tomorrow by 8pm via Amazon shipping I guess.

Stay strong my brothers and sisters who have yet to get their notifications...stay strong.

Fotos

If something shipped today, I would assume it would come tomorrow.

Check your order on Best Buy's website. There is a tracking button on your order page.

Yeah it doesn't give me any specifics. Just says it's been shipped. Asks me if I want to use UPS to track it but when I click it it just says it doesn't have the info yet.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
where did that photo with the release schedule go? I need to find out what comes out on day 1.

Glix

Meanwhile, the weather outside in my area of NY be like
giphy.gif

and all I picture is how it is outside when packages are going to be left outside by UPS.

Yeah, thats unfortunate. Hopefully the package is heavy enough to stay put.

The wind was LUNACY this morning I was on a raised LIRR platfrom and it was crazy.

D_psipher

For my Target people, my pre-order just shipped. It had a delivery date of next week though. We shall see.

Edit: weather may impact my shipment...coming from PA.

Switch 1 Best Buy - Ready to pick up
Switch 2 Amazon - preparing to ship, arrives tomorrow afternoon
Switch 3 Amazon Gafer - Tracking number sent

kennyamr

So Gamestop finally sent me a tracking number and shipping information.

Phew :p

Now it's just pure hype until tomorrow morning!

Thankfully USP always comes to my house first time in the morning.

(I won't play Zelda until I finish Nioh anyway)

I stopped in twice today and spoke with the store manager on the phone. Despite preordering, I have no guarantee of getting a Neon and was told it's first come first served. I asked what time and was told 6 (opening), 7(when money services opens), and 10(the time they are legally allowed to sell it).

Got a notice on my phone saying my Switch was ready for pick-up. Drove 30 mins away to pick it up. Guy looked at all my info, said he was going to get it, then said, "Oh, you're here for the Switch... I'm sorry, but I can't give them out until 9pm." I had even called in advance so I wouldn't waste time. Lame.

rothgar

Got my ready for pick-up for the Switch from BB, but no news about my Zelda Special edition from Toys R Us. Anybody heard anything from TRU?

Dogg448

My Switch and Breath of the Wild copy are finally shipping from Amazon and to make it even better I think they're also lumping in my copy of Moonlight that I was suppose to get next Wednesday so that's a huge plus.

Top Bottom