• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Lunar is my friend. :p I hope he knows I'm joking.

Yep I agree. Of course NOW the Amiibos have a 20% Prime discount. I'll see if customer support can help me out there.

Oh.. LOL.. I thought I missed something! :D I was like.. what kind of monster are you?!?!?

Anybody else have a BB shipping order that's still stuck on "preparing" this late in the game? This is maddening. Not sure if I should call somebody or what.

grey switch and special edition zelda from amazon arriving tomorrow.
pro controller from amazon.jp arriving next week
charging grip arriving tuesday.

Waiting for the Pro controller is perfectly fine with me. I started playing Horizon Zero Dawn last night and want to experience that before diving into Zelda.

ZServ

I'm dying on the inside. I know that my Switch is 90%+ gonna be delivered tomorrow, but I bought the pre-order from a GAFer. So I CAN'T CHECK THE STATUS RELENTLESSLY

I'M JUST LEFT IN LIMBO, HAS IT SHIPPED? I DON'T KNOW! MAYBE IT'S ALREADY HERE!

Nope, not here. BUT WHO KNOWS WHERE IT IS?!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Yeah, thats unfortunate. Hopefully the package is heavy enough to stay put.

The wind was LUNACY this morning I was on a raised LIRR platfrom and it was crazy.

I'm sorry to hear that about the platform. I completely understand what that's like. As for the Switch box.. it's like.. 3.9Lbs...soooo.. LOL.

Kicking people while they are down? That's not friendship. 😞
FZYxI1v.gif

Oh.. LOL.. I thought I missed something! :D I was like.. what kind of monster are you?!?!?

Let's be clear, I may not have been entirely malicious here but I am a monster.

LProtag

Come on Amazon, ship my copy of Zelda.

At least my Switch is coming and it will preseumably be easier to find a copy of Zelda if Amazon doesn't pull through.

I'm dying on the inside. I know that my Switch is 90%+ gonna be delivered tomorrow, but I bought the pre-order from a GAFer. So I CAN'T CHECK THE STATUS RELENTLESSLY

If they're as awesome as enoirmeplz (bought mine from her), they'll send a tracking number once they get it. Or just PM them and ask :0.

M-PG71C

My Switch is ready for pick-up at BB at midnight, definitely going out to pick it up. Should be fun honestly! Zelda and Bomberman are shipping from Amazon and they just send it out so it should be here sometime tomorrow (hopefully morning!).

I'll get it setup tonight and hopefully get on the eShop and download a title or two. That should keep me at bay till the other games arrive.

Ibuki

Banned

I'm in the same boat, but the person has been very patient with me. <3

RootCause

Lunar is my friend. :p I hope he knows I'm joking.

Yep I agree. Of course NOW the Amiibos have a 20% Prime discount. I'll see if customer support can help me out there.

I'm going to contact them, for that 20% discount. But only after I've gotten my hands on my Switch. :p

Do you think they'll adjust it even if it shipped already?

Yesterday afternoon I got an email and text informing me that my Switch was on the way, which is great-- but I checked the Amazon page today, and the carrier is AMZL.

I've only seen that once before on a big purchase I made maybe a year ago or so, and I'm pretty sure they required someone to be present to receive the delivery-- not a signature confirmation, just someone being at the house.

I will probably end up working 10-12 hours tomorrow, and my girlfriend won't be home. I'm beginning to worry that they won't leave the package. I left delivery instructions on the order page and I don't see anything indicating delivery requirements or whatever, but some Reddit posts I found while searching on Google seem to complain about similar stuff.

Am I worried for nothing? Would the order page/tracking page specify if I need to be there or a signature is needed?
I apologize if this has been discussed already, I just scanned some recent posts here before typing this up

I'm going to contact them, for that 20% discount. But only after I've gotten my hands on my Switch. :p

Do you think they'll adjust it even if it shipped already?

That's what I was hoping, but I talked to chat and they told me to cancel and re-order it. I didn't want to have to do that, since it looks like mine is about to ship.

If yours has shipped already, I don't know what they'll do.

UCBooties

Same boat with you, friend. My paypal has been in authorization since Feb 25th.
I even upgraded my shipping to 1 day for $15 more. If I don't get it tomorrow I'm flipping a table over.

GameStop put a hold on my card, but then the hold was dropped on Tuesday, so I'm still waiting for the order to actually charge. The orders are still "Open" so hopefully it's ok.

VanWinkle

I'm working on getting the 5 pre-order systems ready at work (so that the overnight people know exactly what to do), including the one that will be mine. I wish I could just have it now. :'(

etrain911

My local BB is having a midnight launch. They said people without preorders are gonna come in around 9pm and get tickets for the non-preorder units at 11. I'm trying to decide if it will be worth going.

pilferk

Neo Member
PC Richards just called...Monday for them. :(

Going hunting tonight and tomorrow to see what I can find. ;)

wish me luck in the wilds!

So my Target order did ship, and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so looks like they may deliver after all.

Also, just beat a Nioh boss on the first try. That's never happened before. Today is shaping up to be a pretty good day.

gt86

GameStop put a hold on my card, but then the hold was dropped on Tuesday, so I'm still waiting for the order to actually charge. The orders are still "Open" so hopefully it's ok.

Mine says open and the hold was dropped, but this morning I got a email ups saying my order from GameStop will be delivered Friday.

RootCause

That's what I was hoping, but I talked to chat and they told me to cancel and re-order it. I didn't want to have to do that, since it looks like mine is about to ship.

If yours has shipped already, I don't know what they'll do.

Good grief. I was going to buy them again, and return the other batch, but its limited to 1 per costumer. So I'm forced to cancel if I want to get my discount. :/

Pro controller has shipped from best buy

Anyone's amazon orders foe the console ship yet?

Amazon sent mine out yesterday about 24 hours ago, and I haven't had any updates since. It's only going from Maryland to Ohio so I'm not too concerned yet. Still waiting on Zelda to ship.

Good grief. I was going to buy them again, and return the other batch, but its limited to 1 per costumer. So I'm forced to cancel if I want to get my discount. :/

Yep, same thing I ran into. Why can they not just credit the difference? This is a silly solution that shouldn't be necessary since it's covered by the pre-order price guarantee.

Ion Guru

Yesterday afternoon I got an email and text informing me that my Switch was on the way, which is great-- but I checked the Amazon page today, and the carrier is AMZL.

I've only seen that once before on a big purchase I made maybe a year ago or so, and I'm pretty sure they required someone to be present to receive the delivery-- not a signature confirmation, just someone being at the house.

I will probably end up working 10-12 hours tomorrow, and my girlfriend won't be home. I'm beginning to worry that they won't leave the package. I left delivery instructions on the order page and I don't see anything indicating delivery requirements or whatever, but some Reddit posts I found while searching on Google seem to complain about similar stuff.

Am I worried for nothing? Would the order page/tracking page specify if I need to be there or a signature is needed?
I apologize if this has been discussed already, I just scanned some recent posts here before typing this up

Amazon's shipping service hasn't ever required a signature from me. However, if you live in an apartment building that needs a code, you need to add the code on your Amazon order so that they know how to get in the building. Barring that, they will usually call you a few times if they aren't sure how to get in. I haven't had any problems with the service overall as long as you make sure to add a code or delivery instructions (if necessary).

Dives

Neo Member
RnpgGaP.gif

Amazon charged me! I've never been so happy for someone to take my money!
Now to wait for that shipping confirmation. Any second now.

My Amazon order for the Switch and Zelda just updated its status to Shipping Today! Today is going to be rough. Need that Zelda in my life right meow.

People getting their orders today are making me jelly af!

dafodeu

Still hasn't shipped :( from Amazon. Do you think I should try to get one at a midnight launch just to be safe? I called my local gamestop they said no one is in line yet but they only have 4 available 2 gray and 2 neon. They said they hand out tickets at 6pm but I have to stay in line the whole time can't leave and come back. It's so cold and windy today.

Top Bottom