• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Went for a walk today in central CT:

0fsbuX5.jpg

There were 2 trees like that within like 100 feet of each other.

Dayummmm

Rizific

still preparing for shipping for amazon, even though it said it would ship yesterday. but i noticed amazon charged my account today. i know theyll most likely come through with delivery tomorrow, but im just getting antsy 0_0

gappvembe

Switch
Pro Controller
Bomberman R
1-2 Switch
Zelda Amiibos

All ready for pick up
(what are the odds they let me get it right now.....?)

Zelda shipped!

FINALLY

korona15

Banned
Best Buy says my Switch Pro Controller and regular version of BOTW is ready for pick-up now! Switch arriving tomorrow though :( I really should have changed my Switch for pick-up at store when I could have made changes....

Called my best buy. Doors open at 11, can't leave until 12:01. Will leave with a neon switch and all the Zelda amiibo. No game (but I'll download snipperclips and Bomberman as soon as I get home)

Still waiting for my pro controller to ship (by the time I decided I wanted one I couldn't do in store pickup)

Zelda has been preparing at Amazon all day. Usually next day stuff doesn't ship to me from Amazon until like 8 pm at the earliest.

Oh sheeeeeeeeeet.

Alaska standing by,

Amazon charged my card, and saying it should be shipping today.

It could get here by tomorrow if its shipping from Washington, like it says its being charged from, unless everyones charged from Washington. Seattle specifically.

sadromeo

My Amazon order for the Switch and Zelda just updated its status to Shipping Today! Today is going to be rough. Need that Zelda in my life right meow.

People getting their orders today are making me jelly af!

Me too, but I am so hyped for tomorrow!

At least I will have my charging grip today lol.

I got the in-store pickup email from Best Buy... has anyone had luck picking it up today?

Also, possibly a stupid question, but I got my joy-con charging grip early and a coworker asked if it had a battery itself or if it just charges. I realized at that point I wasn't sure! Do we know?

UCBooties

Mine says open and the hold was dropped, but this morning I got a email ups saying my order from GameStop will be delivered Friday.

I did select non-release day shipping (because fuck paying what they wanted for that) so I'm not surprised that they are shipping it later than people who paid to get it tomorrow. Honestly I'm still just annoyed that they wouldn't give me the option to pick it up at my local shop.

I got the in-store pickup email from Best Buy... has anyone had luck picking it up today?

Also, possibly a stupid question, but I got my joy-con charging grip early and a coworker asked if it had a battery itself or if it just charges. I realized at that point I wasn't sure! Do we know?

You wont be able to get it unless you're extremely lucky.

It only charges while attached, no battery.

Best Buy Zelda SE is available for pickup.

Amazon shipped Zelda SE, but still has not shipped my Switch. Says it is being sent out today and set to arrive tomorrow, though.

LightJak007

Neo Member
In a surprising turn of events, Wal-mart shipped and it's set to deliver by tomorrow instead of Monday, March 6.

Amazon switched (lol) from "Not yet shipped" to "Shipping today" just a couple hours ago, so I likely will get my brother's Switch then too. :)

Damn my wife just texted me that she's been sick and vomiting today. Our toddler usually goes to bed around when I'd be leaving for Gamestop for midnight launch.

Ugh... not like this at launch! Not like this! lol

mauaus

Amazon (CT):
Switch Neon SHIPPED
Switch Grey SHIPPED
Zelda SE SHIPPED
PDP Screen P. SHIPPED
20,000 mAh battery SHIPPED

BEST BUY (CT):
Neon Joy-cons SHIPPED
Pro Controller SHIPPED
Charging Grip SHIPPED

Im all set gaf see you on the other side

Slacker

What's the hype level on this thing? Any chance for the lazy gamer who wants to wander into Best Buy tomorrow at lunch?

pilferk

Neo Member
Gamestop hasn't shipped Zelda.

I'm gonna get a Switch and no game, aren't I?

Deep breaths! :)

My Horizon:Until Dawn CE shipped overnight, and I got confirmation of shipping at about 8 PM Eastern time (5 hours later than it is right now).

You MIGHT be fine!

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
My RDS case isn't even preparing to ship yet, it's starting to look like I won't be getting it at launch. Going to be great having this system and no way to safely transport it day one.

ThatMattZ

Damn my wife just texted me that she's been sick and vomiting today. Our toddler usually goes to bed around when I'd be leaving for Gamestop for midnight launch.

Damn that sucks. Same thing happened to me the night of the presentation so I went with an online pre-order instead. Also happened when I was supposed to go to a Switch preview event. Had to stay home and take care of the fam.

It will be there tomorrow. Kids come first.

Or you could take your kid to the launch. Be the better parent though.

nullpoynter

Everything I've ordered has shipped except for my pro controller from Best Buy. It's still stuck in the preparing stage. Anyone else having this issue specifically with the pro controller?

oatmeal

Banned
I can't get Best Buy to answer the fucking phone. So annoying. I just want 100% confirmation that I can do midnight pick up.

Top Bottom