• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

tootie923

Zelda coming tomorrow from Amazon US, Japanese Neon Switch and Pro Controller coming on Monday from Amazon.jp, not jealous at all! Eh, at least I saved $30 on the Switch and $10 on the controller.

Yeah same here.

I am not sure how I am supposed to get it by today if it is still preparing....

fsY1zYr.png
Feel that pain.

Edit: Whoops, Fake News! Just got a notification email that it was shipped.

So my Switch via Amazon has left the UPS Doraville, GA facility and that's scheduled to come on Monday.

My Pro controller and Zelda via Best Buy has left an hour before from Forest Park, GA and that's coming in Tomorrow.

These two sites are about 30 miles apart from each other and are both in the Atlanta area.

I planned the weekend for Zelda. :(

Everything I've ordered has shipped except for my pro controller from Best Buy. It's still stuck in the preparing stage. Anyone else having this issue specifically with the pro controller?

My pro controller AND switch are stuck in the preparing stage. They were separately ordered too.

So my Switch via Amazon has left the UPS Doraville, GA facility and that's scheduled to come on Monday.

My Pro controller and Zelda via Best Buy has left an hour before from Forest Park, GA and that's coming in Tomorrow.

These two sites are about 30 miles apart from each other and are both in the Atlanta area.

I planned the weekend for Zelda. :(

WTF?? I live in Atlanta (close to Doraville) and my Switch is coming from South Carolina!

Amazon, explain.

Edit: Oh, Monday. Guess that facility doesn't have Switches for launch day?

NimbusD

welp I just had it out with thankfully a very nice amazon rep. Getting my switch tuesday and there's nothign they can do about it at the moment to move it up, but they gave me a substantial credit. Still not super happy but it's enough to make me pull the trigger on arms (though I think I'll be trying out best buy for preorders from now on).

Oxn

My special edition zelda just arrived.

Too bad no switch until its more available. I dont do camp outs.

GeeDuhb

Anyone worried about their Amazon orders not shipping yet, don't (...yet). I have had a countless number of release day delivery stuff not ship until like 10-11:59pm and have only had one thing which I didn't receive on time.

They ship most of the stuff over night, but I also think they prepackage a majority of the stuff and it is all on pallets. Then, they scan the pallet at some point which releases all of the shipping info out. So in reality it might have shipped much earlier than it appeared.

jacobeid

Banned
Anyone worried about their Amazon orders not shipping yet, don't (...yet). I have had a countless number of release day delivery stuff not ship until like 10-11:59pm and have only had one thing which I didn't receive on time.

They ship most of the stuff over night, but I also think they prepackage a majority of the stuff and it is all on pallets. Then, they scan the pallet at some point which releases all of the shipping info out. So in reality it might have shipped much earlier than it appeared.

That's good to know. I've never had anything ship this late from Amazon, even compared to prior console launches.

The Rizza

Just got my Gamestop shipping info! Located in PA. I was starting to get just a lil, slightly, ok pretty worried there for a second

My Switch and 1-2 Switch shipped earlier today from BB. Still no tracking details in the system though.

Zelda, pro controller, charging grip and extra Joy cons are still "preparing." Kind of doubt those are going to arrive tomorrow at this point.

The Big N

Banned
Well heres the rundown with my orders via Amazon and Best Buy:

Amazon:
Gray Switch - "Shipping now"
Zelda BotW - "Shipping now"

Neither one has shipping info. I live near 2 Amazon fulfillment centers, one being a town over, or I guess they will ship it off to UPS or FedEx tonight and have it out for delivery tomorrow like they always do.

Best Buy:
Gray Switch - "Ready for Pick Up" but it also says Friday March 3rd :(
Pro Controller - "Preparing" still says its arriving tomorrow. Hasn't shipped yet tho.

GeeDuhb

uh, does this mean I should try to pick it up today?

Nope, don't waste your time. It is usually register locked until tomorrow (midnight). Some people in this thread have already gone and tried but were turned away. I, too, got the same email as you.

Lkr

Target won't tell me how many units they have. Lady told me with a lot of snark that of course she can't tell me that info. Really? Both GameStops I called had no issue telling me they had 4 and 6 non preordered units respectively. Wtf target why you gotta be rude
Thinking about showing up at Best Buy around 8 or 9 to see if I can get a unit. Tried calling them multiple times and no one in the store is picking up

That's good to know. I've never had anything ship this late from Amazon, even compared to prior console launches.

same

my ps4 shipped 2 days before release date, as has every video game i've ordered from them

I think talking to chat is causing a lot more anxiety for people since they dont seem to actually have any clue what is happening

I told them we have been charged for the item and they said "Upon checking I've see that,your order is not shipped, once the order is shipped only you'll charged for this order. It is not uncommon for there to be a delay of several weeks."

"We were charged this morning at 6 am"

*Chat disconnected*

ViciousDS

Banned
untitledfsjty.png

RG0BS1U.gif

and I didn't pay the ludicrous $15 for release day delivery and still am getting it release day

lol, you poor saps who pumped out the extra money for a gamestop scam!

Persona7

Banned
Best Buy won't sell it early so don't even bother. It is technically ready to be picked up but the transaction won't complete because of the street date.

The Big N

Banned
My friend's amazon switch preorder still has not shipped yet.

:/
If he/she lives by a major city or fullfillment center they won't ship it until the night before release day. I used to work in a warehouse and they send their packages straight to the local UPS/USPS/FedEx station so it goes out for delivery the next morning.

Long story short is I live 15 miles from a fullfillment center and they have never missed a release date in the 7 years I've used Amazon. Probably ordered 20+ games and consoles in that time frame.

and I didn't pay the ludicrous $15 for release day delivery and still am getting it release day

Are there actually people who did that?
I think most people got free release day shipping from Best Buy or Amazon.

NimbusD

I would say feel free to complain if it's giving you an expected delivery day other that tomorrow though. The rep was very nice to me and gave me credit and offered to speed up the shipping as soon as she had access to (for some reason it wouldnt let her change the order at all).

My situation might be different from other people as mine actually says it's shipping tomorrow and expected delivery is tuesday.

Though there have been plenty of times I've gotten packages from amazon quicker than expected, I wouldn't be surprised if I got it Saturday, but Friday seems too far gone at this poitn.

The Big N

Banned
untitledfsjty.png

RG0BS1U.gif

Yeah Gamestop did the same thing when I got my Wii U at launch. I used standard shipping and still got it on release day.

Gamestop Zelda special edition hasn't shipped. Should I be worried (I paid 10 dollars for the release day shipping)?

ehh..just saw post above me lol.

Bii

untitledfsjty.png

RG0BS1U.gif

At least yours shipped. Mine is still 'open'.

All my Best Buy stuff is ready for pick up. So I'll be heading there at midnight.

Top Bottom