• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Target has shipped!!!

I'm in STL, shipping from Edwardsville, IL. Not bad. Gives me hope I'll get it tomorrow.

What was your ETA before it actually shipped?

I pre-ordered from Target and right now it says I should have sometime between next Tues - Friday.

oh no. Just noticed on Amazon that my digital order of snipperclips says it'll be delivered at 12 pacific time. I'm in central time. Gonna have to wait until 2 am? Lame.

ViciousDS

Banned
Yeah Gamestop did the same thing when I got my Wii U at launch. I used standard shipping and still got it on release day.

yup, the one day shipping is a scam for GStop........I've always had my console on release day with standard shipping.

It's an easy way for them to coin $15 each person

Barryman

If he/she lives by a major city or fullfillment center they won't ship it until the night before release day. I used to work in a warehouse and they send their packages straight to the local UPS/USPS/FedEx station so it goes out for delivery the next morning.

Long story short is I live 15 miles from a fullfillment center and they have never missed a release date in the 7 years I've used Amazon. Probably ordered 20+ games and consoles in that time frame.

This is probably what's happening with my Best Buy order (I live in LA) but it is really pissing me off that it's still saying I'll get it by today...

Appleman

Just realized I for sure should have had mine shipped to an Amazon locker near my house rather than work, I'm starting to get really nervous it won't make it to me by the weekend :S

Oxn

yup, the one day shipping is a scam for GStop........I've always had my console on release day with standard shipping.

It's an easy way for them to coin $15 each person

I didnt preorder at gamestop.com cause i was worried for this very reason.....

Oh well.

shanafan

Everything has shipped from Best Buy for me in Michigan.

Switch shipped yesterday, Pro controller and Archer Link amiibo shipped today. All ETA tomorrow.

I've had pretty shit luck with that in the past, but I am aware it's technically an option. Just not something I'm confident about.

Absence of a DC doesn't necessarily mean delayed shipments are doomed. I live smack-dab between two DCs and my neon is shipping from out of state. It just means they'll overnight it to a local carrier or UPS or USPS :0. Good luck though.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
My friend's amazon switch preorder still has not shipped yet.

:/

I live in a city with a big shipping depot. I might not see until tomorrow. The closer you are to the goods, the later the notification will be. Mine is still "preparing" and still on track for 8pm tomorrow. This is normal. Chill.

Spruchy

I'm at work right now but is anyone having trouble accessing Wifi on their Switch? My phone finds like 20+ different networks but Switch finds nothing.

LProtag

Still waiting on Zelda to ship from Amazon...

I had this issue with SMT IV: Apocalypse where it didn't ship the day before it came out despite saying shipping today. Really hope I don't run into that again.

Hopefully I could just go pick it up at Best Buy and then return my Amazon copy to Best Buy when that comes in, if they have stock.

elohel

Is it gonna be possible to get a switch just after launch ....like are they re stocking or are the pre orders it for now until after launch? I'm giving mine away but curious about how quickly
I can get one for myself , and no im not selling it for more I'm just broke lol

I now have Bomberman and the Pro Controller and Zelda are coming tomorrow, but Walmart still hasn't shipped my Switch yet.

Is anyone else still waiting for Walmart to ship their console?

th4tguy

How does gamestop handle preorders?
They include very little info in the order history page about my pro controller. It says open and that I have 2 day shipping ($5). Am I getting this thing on the 3rd or should I just pick one up at walmart (there right now) and return the GS one once it finally comes in ( tried to cancel it weeks ago but the option isn't there.

Does GS allow online orders to be returned at the store?

Ta11geese

Finally my Pro Controller shipped from BB! I ordered it 10 days ago so it must be shipping depending on order date for the people still waiting for notification.

guyssorry

I called my Best Buy just now, and they told me that people are already in line to pick up their PRE-ORDERS. wtf. I wasn't planning on going until like 11:30pm for the midnight launch (I pre-ordered). idk what to do now. this is all very very bizarre to me.

I called my Best Buy just now, and they told me that people are already in line to pick up their PRE-ORDERS. wtf. I wasn't planning on going until like 11:30pm for the midnight launch (I pre-ordered). idk what to do now. this is all very very bizarre to me.

Wait, why? Maybe to get extra accessories or games they didn't pre-order.

PMS341

My Master Edition from Gamestop has yet to ship out, yet I paid for overnight... CS rep told me it would show up on Friday "for certain", but we'll see.

raw

Best Buy (MD)

Everything has been charged and Best Buys website says ready for pick up on everything. I'll probably fail, but I'm going to go down there after work and try to get it a little early.

This is a waste of time unless they're paranoid they'll somehow run out of what was already purchased.

Getting more and more nervous about the lack of emails from BestBuy. I just got the notification from GameStop about my boyfriend's Switch and it says delivery tomorrow. But my Switch is being picked up at a BestBuy tonight. Oddly enough, my Zelda Special Edition is "ready to be picked up", but not my Switch. :(

I don't really plan on getting there until 11PM either, heh. Maybe people want other stuff that they didn't get a chance to pre-order (controllers, games, cases, etc)?

XxCGSxX

My Zelda and Switch order has gone from preparing for shipment to shipping now to shipping today. Now Zelda is back at shipping now and the Switch back to preparing for shipment. :/

StimaTobou

Neo Member
Did anyone else preorder from Best Buy in store? I paid my preorder off in full on the 13th, and have no way to check whether or not my order is going to be in tonight!

GAF I need help.

Do I buy bomberman physical with in store pickup so I get 20% off and get that sweet sweet box art, or do I buy it on the eshop so no matter where I am I can always jump in to a game of bomberman?

Alternatively, does anyone want to buy the physical copy and then sell me your box for like ten bucks? :p

note that by I need help, I mean mentally.

MrBenchmark

A great calm has come over me and blood pressure is normalizing:) BOTW and the matching case are in my hands shout out to Amazon. My Switch is ready to pick up at BB tonight. BB shipped my Pro controller be here tomorrow and my Amiibos are ready to pick up tomorrow. All has worked out I can enjoy Logan tonight and stroll over to get my Switch after.

May everyone else get your goodies and enjoy the hype.

Top Bottom