• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Jeff-DSA

Best Buy has everything ready for pickup except for Zelda. The Switch, 1-2 Switch, and Bomberman are all marked as ready for pickup. Zelda still sits as "preordered" for the status, but lists today as the day it will be ready.

I doubt they'll sell out of Zelda, but how lame would it be to get a Switch and no Zelda? Haha.

I've never been to a midnight launch of... well anything. I wasn't planning on going until like 11:30.. The line better not be that long. They couldn't have gotten THAT many consoles in? They won't sell mine before I get there if I pre ordered it will they?

GcRayden

Everyone who is ordering via Best Buy, make sure you check your shipping address for any errors.

Best Buy sent my package with all of my switch accessories without my apartment number, so I just received a notice from UPS that they could not deliver it. I checked my Switch and it has the correct shipping address, so I guess someone at Best Buy forgot to put it in the computer.

I tried to fix the address, but Best Buy has restricted address changes, so I just spent 4 hours on the phone going around in circles trying to get this fixed. I was literally in a 3-way call with Best Buy & UPS.

This is the short version:

Best Buy: We've updated the mistake, the address is correct now.
UPS: We haven't received the updates, so we can't deliver the package.
Best Buy: But we've updated the package.
UPS: We're not seeing it!
Me: So, what are my options?
UPS: Create a MyChoice account and change your delivery address.
Me: It won't let me change my delivery address.
UPS: Did you just create an account?
Me: Yes, because you told me to.
UPS: OHH, well you can't do anything with this order then. It needs to be created before this order is shipped.
Best Buy: Why don't you just give him the package? We confirmed who he is.
UPS: It would be in violation of our contract with Best Buy.
Me: BUT BEST BUY LITERALLY JUST SAID TO DO IT.
UPS:...But we need Best Buy to confirm it.

I went through this 3 times. Call Best Buy, they call UPS, do a 3-way convo with them and get nowhere, then sent to UPS tracking, which tells me I need to call Best Buy and get in a 3-way convo before they can change anything............

The only option I have is to go into my local Best Buy, buy the accessories again and then wait for the package to be shipped back to the warehouse, then get issued a refund. Now I have to put another $100 on my card just for Best Buy's mistake.

Thank god my Switch was shipped correctly, because I would be completely freaking out (way more than I am right now).

Wallach

GAF I need help.

Do I buy bomberman physical with in store pickup so I get 20% off and get that sweet sweet box art, or do I buy it on the eshop so no matter where I am I can always jump in to a game of bomberman?

Alternatively, does anyone want to buy the physical copy and then sell me your box for like ten bucks? :p

The cart is tiny. If you can take the Switch with you, you can probably take some carts.

charpunk

So I received the email from ups with the tracking number for my master edition from GameStop. Yet my order is still in open status, and the charge on my card is gone..

gweemz

Getting more and more nervous about the lack of emails from BestBuy. I just got the notification from GameStop about my boyfriend's Switch and it says delivery tomorrow. But my Switch is being picked up at a BestBuy tonight. Oddly enough, my Zelda Special Edition is "ready to be picked up", but not my Switch. :(

Call BB cust service or check your order status online. I only got one email from them, but looking at the orders they are both "ready to be picked up"

Marjorine

All my stuff has shipped and shows delivery for tomorrow. Switch, Zelda & Hori case from Amazon and Pro Controller from Best Buy...EXCEPT!

My Zelda Amiibos from Best Buy. I mean, I don't need them, but it would be nice to have. Still showing as shipping today with delivery tomorrow.

Call BB cust service or check your order status online. I only got one email from them, but looking at the orders they are both "ready to be picked up"

My online order info just says "preparing" for the Switch, but Zelda is ready for pick up. I might call or go by (it's not that far away).

bomblord1

Banned
I got a pre-order for the Switch an Zelda but not the Pro Controller. Anyone know if Gamestop will have extras if I try to pick one up at midnight?

newarrior

I called my Best Buy just now, and they told me that people are already in line to pick up their PRE-ORDERS. wtf. I wasn't planning on going until like 11:30pm for the midnight launch (I pre-ordered). idk what to do now. this is all very very bizarre to me.

My Best Buy said the line is only for first-come, first serve. Pre-orders can just walk in at midnight and get it. I plan on getting there around 11:30pm, as well.

Do I buy bomberman physical with in store pickup so I get 20% off and get that sweet sweet box art, or do I buy it on the eshop so no matter where I am I can always jump in to a game of bomberman?

I went pretty heavily digital on WiiU - and even 3DS lately - but I think the only game I want on the system all the time right now is Puyo Puyo Tetris... and the inevitable Animal Crossing. Other than that, I'm going with physical for Switch.

VARIA

In Los Angeles CA and my Switch + Zelda are now shipped.

GameStop order of my Master Edition still says "open"...fml...even paid for the one day shipping.

Kaelan

WTF is up with this?

Amazon still at preparing for shipment phase. Amazon pls

Seriously, same here.

Everyone whose amazon order has not shipped yet, do you have a fulfillment center near you?

https://trustfile.avalara.com/resources/amazon-warehouse-locations/

There are several in my state, so my amazon order probably won't ship till tonight for arrival tomorrow.......I hope

Closet one to me is in Baltimore MD, and I live in Frostburg, MD. My shit still says "preparing to ship" getting a bit concerned now. However, there are some in PA that are closer than Baltimore, who knows.

JakeD

target shipped next day air from PA to CT. hoping for tomorrow even though target had said saturday. UPS tracking not updated yet.

Amazon still hasnt shipped my Zelda SE. although it still says tomorrow so fingers crossed.

My Switch is finally on its way from Best Buy. Just got the shipped notification.

My Amiibo order and Zelda went to shipped last night, so I was getting a little worried about the Switch.

I guess now I can relax until tomorrow.

Only other thing I'm waiting on is my Pro Controller from Amazon Japan, but it isn't supposed to get here until the 7th anyway.

Bii

I've never been to a midnight launch of... well anything. I wasn't planning on going until like 11:30.. The line better not be that long. They couldn't have gotten THAT many consoles in? They won't sell mine before I get there if I pre ordered it will they?

If it's already preordered, no, they won't sell it to someone else. Though depending where you ordered it from, they'll only hold it for a certain amount of day(s).

Going at 11:30pm should be fine. You'll just have a number of people ahead of you waiting to checkout.

shanafan

If it's already preordered, no, they won't sell it to someone else. Though depending where you ordered it from, they'll only hold it for a certain amount of day(s).

Going at 11:30pm should be fine. You'll just have a number of people ahead of you waiting to checkout.

Yeah, I have until March 12 to pickup my Breath of the Wild SE. The e-mail has the deadline date.

Cool, I don't mind waiting a little bit as long as I am getting my system for sure lol

BizzyBum

Best Buy - ready to pick up and Pro Controller arriving tomorrow
Amazon - arriving tomorrow by 8pm

Yes, I was paranoid and pre-ordered 2 just in case one got canceled. lol

Probably just going to put up one on Ebay.

RPG

My pro controllers, Zelda, Bomberman, Amiibos and Joy-Cons were delivered today... Switch doesn't get here til tomorrow.

Apparently now everything I've ordered has shipped or is ready for pickup tonight...

Except the Pro Controller.

including the BotW special edition I cancelled at GameStop

this played out earlier today regarding my console shipment (paraphrased)

Thing was not yet shipped as of 2 PM CST

Me: Hi I'm trying to check on the status of my order
Amazon: What's the order number?
Me: *gives number* we were charged for the item but the shipping hasn't changed yet so I am curious
Amazon: I see the item has not shipped yet, you wont be charged until it ships. The item is out of stock, there can sometimes be a delay of several weeks with new items>
Me: Umm, we were charged at 6 AM This morning. there is no delay unless amazon screwed up because I have had guaranteed release date delivery on it since january 13.

*chat fucking disconnects*

I was livid at this point, but the chat reconnected to a new guy, so I'm obvioulsy not going to take it out on him

new guy looked at it, said he'll bump it to 1 day shipping, and its now in preparing for shipment status. Still scheduled for tomorrow

I'm glad he could help but i'm not dealing with amazon for this shit anymore. I have ordered every console from them and never had a problem so my ASSUMPTION is that Nintendo being so fuckin scared of anyone doing anything before they say is the actual reason, but i'm not taking that chance anymore

I'm going to my local gamestop at 8 to see what the situation is like and probably just wait and get one at midnight if possible and send the amazon one back to them.

I honestly wish my local Gamestop was just opening early tomorrow morning instead of doing a midnight release. I seldom stay up late, my copy of Zelda is arriving via post, and I start my work day at 8:30 AM. I was thinking about grabbing my console at midnight but I wouldn't be able to do anything with it until I'm in my office at work anyway.

Getting old sucks. I wish I had the day off/enthusiasm to go grab it tonight. Hope everyone who's getting it tonight has a good time!

DonShula

Imma say it again. Been saying it for days.

Amazon can ship your crap overnight and still get it there on time.

Stop freaking out.

My launch PS4 shipped the day before.

Amazon pays people to get this right.

Stop chatting with reps unless your "get it by" date changes.

Letep

Trying to figure out a payment issue, an Amazon rep gave me the exact time my order will be shipping: "your shipment will ship out: 2017-03-02 21:30
Via: UPS_GR_RES"

So, that's 9:30 PM for me, EST. Pretty exact.

I called my local Best Buy and they told me they couldn't tell me how many extra Switches they had for people who didn't preorder. I'm not dead set on getting one, but I may possibly swing by around 10pm and see how many people are lined up.

BooJoh

Everyone whose amazon order has not shipped yet, do you have a fulfillment center near you?

https://trustfile.avalara.com/resources/amazon-warehouse-locations/

There are several in my state, so my amazon order probably won't ship till tonight for arrival tomorrow.......I hope

Mine still say "Shipping Today" and my stuff usually comes from SC or KY, but I'm near the Triad area of NC. I've had preorders ship overnight before, so I'm not too worried. They just need to get that crap to Winston-Salem by around 5am or I'm screwed.

Poppyseed

this played out earlier today regarding my console shipment (paraphrased)

Thing was not yet shipped as of 2 PM CST

Me: Hi I'm trying to check on the status of my order
Amazon: What's the order number?
Me: *gives number* we were charged for the item but the shipping hasn't changed yet so I am curious
Amazon: I see the item has not shipped yet, you wont be charged until it ships. The item is out of stock, there can sometimes be a delay of several weeks with new items>
Me: Umm, we were charged at 6 AM This morning. there is no delay unless amazon screwed up because I have had guaranteed release date delivery on it since january 13.

*chat fucking disconnects*

I was livid at this point, but the chat reconnected to a new guy, so I'm obvioulsy not going to take it out on him

new guy looked at it, said he'll bump it to 1 day shipping, and its now in preparing for shipment status. Still scheduled for tomorrow

I'm glad he could help but i'm not dealing with amazon for this shit anymore. I have ordered every console from them and never had a problem so my ASSUMPTION is that Nintendo being so fuckin scared of anyone doing anything before they say is the actual reason, but i'm not taking that chance anymore

I'm going to my local gamestop at 8 to see what the situation is like and probably just wait and get one at midnight if possible and send the amazon one back to them.

Not really sure what the issue was. You were charged, and were reasonably obviously going to get your system anyway. Why even bother wasting Amazon's time?

Amazon went from Shipping now to Shipping today.

Walmart chat said this:

Thank you for waiting. I checked your order. Please don't worry we have some delay in your order. Accord with the system your item will arrive tomorrow. We are working to process your order as soon as possible. When your order ships you will receive the tracking information about your item.

Top Bottom