• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Welp, this "preparing" on the Best Buy shipping orders is getting obnoxious. I've pretty much given up on getting the Switch from them before Monday. If I don't hear anything tonight, I'm going to wait for a store to open tomorrow, walk in without a preorder and hope for the best.

Imma say it again. Been saying it for days.

Amazon can ship your crap overnight and still get it there on time.

Stop freaking out.

My launch PS4 shipped the day before.

Amazon pays people to get this right.

Stop chatting with reps unless your "get it by" date changes.

You only know how to have a perfect NFL season though
:p

The amount of anxiety in this thread is amazing. Many of you are reading WAY TOO MUCH into the status updates of the various order systems.

You'll get your stuff the day they say you'll get it more maybe a day later and there's not really anything you can do to influence that. Play some games and chill, bros and bro-ettes.

Haven't been to gamestop in months. Walk in and was given 3 inaccurate information in a row. Misinformed AF!

"Will this store be selling the dual blue joycons?"

"those are Japan exclusives!"

"....(guess not)You guys doing a promotion for trading in towards switch accessories(website says deal ends 3/19)

"No"

"...how much is a joycon trade in?"

"GameStop doesn't accept trade in for new system within 30 days

Other employee: " I recall a few Xbox one trade ins actually"

Now I have to go to another GameStop with proof.

Guy didn't even bother to check. C'mon son. Come the fuck on

EDIT: You guys are still stressing over online pre-orders?

It's always this way with Amazon release date stuff. Some peoples' orders go down to the wire, but they generally (vast majority of the time) are delivered on release date.

Every time people lost their minds though.

It's always this way with Amazon release date stuff. Some peoples' orders go down to the wire, but they generally (vast majority of the time) are delivered on release date.

My grey Switch was just marked as shipped.

Still feel that losing my mind was at least mildly valid, but yeah it would appear that Amazon is probably going to ship these super last minute, but still ship them.

Doesn't help that they have a bad relationship with Nintendo, and Nintendo's inability to stick to a solid number of units to provide Amazon with resulted in a ton of cancelled orders for Breath of the Wild's Master Edition.

It comes down to me not trusting Nintendo.

shanafan

this played out earlier today regarding my console shipment (paraphrased)

Thing was not yet shipped as of 2 PM CST

Me: Hi I'm trying to check on the status of my order
Amazon: What's the order number?
Me: *gives number* we were charged for the item but the shipping hasn't changed yet so I am curious
Amazon: I see the item has not shipped yet, you wont be charged until it ships. The item is out of stock, there can sometimes be a delay of several weeks with new items>
Me: Umm, we were charged at 6 AM This morning. there is no delay unless amazon screwed up because I have had guaranteed release date delivery on it since january 13.

*chat fucking disconnects*

I was livid at this point, but the chat reconnected to a new guy, so I'm obvioulsy not going to take it out on him

new guy looked at it, said he'll bump it to 1 day shipping, and its now in preparing for shipment status. Still scheduled for tomorrow

I'm glad he could help but i'm not dealing with amazon for this shit anymore. I have ordered every console from them and never had a problem so my ASSUMPTION is that Nintendo being so fuckin scared of anyone doing anything before they say is the actual reason, but i'm not taking that chance anymore

I'm going to my local gamestop at 8 to see what the situation is like and probably just wait and get one at midnight if possible and send the amazon one back to them.

So, nothing changed? Did your order always say it was scheduled tomorrow?

oatmeal

Banned
Finally got someone on the phone from Best Buy. They are indeed doing the midnight launch.

Sucks though because Walmart has my Neon and it's an online order and I don't think it will be midnight...soooo....

Finally got someone on the phone from Best Buy. They are indeed doing the midnight launch.

Sucks though because Walmart has my Neon and it's an online order and I don't think it will be midnight...soooo....

Did your BestBuy say what time they open tonight for it?

Not panicking, just asking. Has anyone in Illinois/Indiana that has a Switch pre-ordered on Amazon had it ship yet? Mine is still Preparing for Shipment, Arriving Tomorrow by 8pm.

Amazon finally shipped!

Neon Switch, Pro Controller, and Zelda.

Should be here tomorrow. Excited.

uktCoM0.png

spookyfish

Pro Controller? Shipped. (BB)
Zelda BOTW SE? Shipped (BB)
Zelda BOTW ME? Shipped (GS)
Zelda BOTW Wii U? Shipped (BB)
All four Zelda Amiibo? Shipped (BB)
and
Nintendo Switch? Shipped (BB)

And I'll pick up my red and blue Joy Cons from Walmart tomorrow.

Done and done.

Totally jealous of everyone who has their stuff today, but ... I'm glad it seems to be nearing the finish line.

Padinn

All my preorders from Amazon (console) and Bestbuy (game, pro controller, amiibo) were successfully charged. So close...

J4mm1nJ03

SE Michigan here - everything has shipped now!

Zelda and Just Dance from Amazon via USPS
Pro Controller from Best Buy via UPS
Grey Switch, 1-2 Switch and Surge Case from Amazon via FedEx.

I wonder what order I'll be receiving these packages in, lmao.

Every Gamestop and Best Buy is doing an actual midnight launch... was hoping Best Buy would do their launch at 9 so I can pick up my Zelda, and the pro controller I bought and have enough time to go pick up my neon switch at Gamestop which is across town... Now I need to figure out which place I should go to first.

AkimboChainz

Neo Member
Got a notification that Amazon shipped my Switch at 330 for delivery tomorrow. FedEx says they got it at 12 so stay positive if yours hasnt shipped yet! :)

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Yep. People don't seem to realize Amazon has a ton of warehouses, that shipping companies prioritize their packages etc. It's not like a lot of other stores where your item is probably in a warehouse a thousand miles away and needs to ship a few days early.

xenaki

Neo Member
Does anyone have games for in store pickup still in the "Processing" phase with Best Buy? My console changed to "Ready for Pickup" hours ago. Figured the games wouldn't be far behind.

R0ckman

this played out earlier today regarding my console shipment (paraphrased)

Thing was not yet shipped as of 2 PM CST

Me: Hi I'm trying to check on the status of my order
Amazon: What's the order number?
Me: *gives number* we were charged for the item but the shipping hasn't changed yet so I am curious
Amazon: I see the item has not shipped yet, you wont be charged until it ships. The item is out of stock, there can sometimes be a delay of several weeks with new items>
Me: Umm, we were charged at 6 AM This morning. there is no delay unless amazon screwed up because I have had guaranteed release date delivery on it since january 13.

*chat fucking disconnects*

I was livid at this point, but the chat reconnected to a new guy, so I'm obvioulsy not going to take it out on him

new guy looked at it, said he'll bump it to 1 day shipping, and its now in preparing for shipment status. Still scheduled for tomorrow

I'm glad he could help but i'm not dealing with amazon for this shit anymore. I have ordered every console from them and never had a problem so my ASSUMPTION is that Nintendo being so fuckin scared of anyone doing anything before they say is the actual reason, but i'm not taking that chance anymore

I'm going to my local gamestop at 8 to see what the situation is like and probably just wait and get one at midnight if possible and send the amazon one back to them.

It sounds like they transferred you without letting you know. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these people are suiciding their jobs with these CS antics. Call centers have insane turn around and are a true test of the patience of a man.

While in college I lasted about a month and was fired from a combination of the supervisor having it out for me (constantly monitoring my calls, overexaggerating my mistakes, not giving proof of the mistakes at reviews etc) and generally not being a good fit. Because it dealt with finances they were faster to get rid of me though, not sure how harsh it is at Amazon or GS. When I called GS for CS it was almost like the guy was TRYING to get fired.

R0ckman

WTF? My Nintendo case was set to deliver Tuesday and was thrown into my Zelda, and Switch order for tomorrow. Wtf is with their system? Dammit wasted money on the hori case.

So I'm going to be the a-hole... what is everyone thinking is a good price for selling the Switch on eBay/Craigslist/etc.?

See what it's selling at locally, for profit that's your best bet. I wouldn't recommend selling on Ebay if you decide to go that route. You'll lose 10% margin instantly from fee's plus another 3% from Paypal.

There's also the option of selling to a Gaffer that wants one. I'm sure they'd be willing to throw a few extra bucks your way. Honestly selling a Switch to a Gaffer for an extra $20-30 is probably the profit you'd get from selling it on Ebay anyway.

rhino2627

Neo Member
WTF? My Nintendo case was set to deliver Tuesday and was thrown into my Zelda, and Switch order for tomorrow. Wtf is with their system? Dammit wasted money on the hori case.

Yeah my HORI case was originally scheduled to deliver on Tuesday. Then they bumped it to Saturday 3/4. Then out of nowhere they just delivered it today.

pro controller still hasn't shipped from Best Buy. Should have just waited on it and picked one up at target later with my employee discount. Can't even cancel or anything.

Top Bottom