• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

ncslamm

My Pro Controller finally changed from Preordered to Ready for Pick Up and my amiibos have shipped. I'm all set except for the guides and ear buds I ordered from Amazon but those can wait. So pumped right now.

LProtag

Zelda shipped!

I'm so ready. So so ready.

Just have to get through a day of my students giving presentations tomorrow and I get to go home and everything should be there for me to play.

newarrior

So I'm going to be the a-hole... what is everyone thinking is a good price for selling the Switch on eBay/Craigslist/etc.?

$300 for the system, +tax, maybe shipping -- system is selling for $400 at the highest -- minus ebay fees, minus paypal fees, minus shipping fees = $0 profit.

Just return it.

rothgar

Toys R Us won't be shipping my Zelda SE till tomorrow, so no Zelda for me this weekend :-(
Pro Controller gets here today and picking up Switch tonight.

wiibomb

apparently Amazon.co.jp rejected my credit card on my Pro Controller and I'll lose the order unless I find somehow how to buy a gift card from there to pay for the controller

Dammit Gamestop, where's my email?!?! UPS MyChoice alerted me of tracking but the official Gamestop email would put my mind at ease so I can put my phone down and get some damned housework done already!

kaskade

Nothing from Amazon yet, it usually shops from the distribution center pretty close by though so I'm not worried about it.

oh god Best Buy shipped each item of my order in separate packages with separate tracking numbers. Why

Hopefully I actually get all this stuff tomorrow.

Manzanas

Neo Member
Looks like I finally got charged by Amazon for my Switch and Zelda Special Edition. Neither have shipped but it says they are "shipping now" and are going to be delivered tomorrow.

Zelda and pro controller just shipped from BB. No delivery estimate as of yet, but I suppose it could still make it by tomorrow if they used overnight shipping.

Amazon shipped my pro controller for tomorrow with everything else, I wonder why they had Monday before and changed it.

I bet they lost some sales with that shit I was tempted to get my pro from someone else just to have it day 1

Courage

Anyone's Pro Controller from Amazon switch from arriving on Tuesday to tomorrow? How the hell will it be arriving on Tuesday if I have 2 day shipping and it's preparing to ship today.

h0tp0ck3t

Praise Jebus I finally got my confirmation. I was starting to lose it

b921199952a960dea65b0821eeeab9c6.jpg

Marlowe89

So the tracking status for my Zelda SE has been in "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" since early yesterday. It STILL hasn't updated or even arrived at a UPS facility yet.

Normally I don't freak out over these things but given my excitement for this game I'm a little worried. Seems jarring that it would take so long between the shipping label being created and the game arriving at one of the facilities which would then need to be shipped to one of the local offices. Looks like I might not be getting this on release day after all.

ThatMattZ

Still waiting on my GameStop shipment confirmation. Paid extra for release day delivery. Starting to get anxious here. Nothing from UPS My Choice either.

I had two orders, one through BB w/Zelda, and one just a Switch from Amazon. BB is not doing a midnight after telling me last week they were, and the pick-up store is a good 40 minutes from me, so I'm just going to get the Amazon order tomorrow, buy Zelda digital and go pick up the BB order next week. I'll get a refund on the Zelda.

Amazon shipped all 5 Amiibo, Zelda, and the Switch (Gray) and they are arriving tomorrow.

Best Buy already has my Pro Controller and Switch (Gray) so I'll be picking those up tomorrow.

Wal-Mart is still processing the special edition of Zelda but it says it'll be available on Monday.

Ion Guru

Amazon shipped my pro controller for tomorrow with everything else, I wonder why they had Monday before and changed it.

I bet they lost some sales with that shit I was tempted to get my pro from someone else just to have it day 1

It took a while for the pro controller to be approved for sale in the United States by the FCC, so Amazon probably got their stock in pretty late. The date was probably just a precaution so they didn't over promise.

Anybody know if the Switch comes with plastic over the screen? My switch is coming today, but the screen protector and Zelda won't show up until tomorrow and I want to minimize the chance I get dust on the screen before applying the protector.

jwillenn

Well, I got the email confirmation from Gamestop with a tracking number and the status is now "closed", but I will not be satisfied for the evening until GS actually takes the $$$... :|

My Special Edition Zelda just shipped from Gamestop. For delivery tomorrow.

Literally the day before, and late in the day too. See: nothing to worry about, people.

I must be jinxed in some way because a few minutes after posting, my phone goes off to let me know Gamestop emailed my shipping confirmation! Lol

Literally the day before, and late in the day too. See: nothing to worry about, people.

Only thing I worry about is that I live in a more remote area and one-day delivery doesn't always work/get here next day. Especially with this weekend coming up, I don't have Saturday delivery.

mcmudman

Neo Member
Master Edition shipped from amazon yesterday morning. The console was supposed to too but it's still preparing for shipment I hope it doesn't ship tomorrow and arrive at 8pm and the master edition arrives in the morning. Knowing my luck, probably

Just received shipping notification for Neon Switch and Special Edition Zelda from BB. Labels only and waiting for UPS pickup for delivery to SoCal.

So amazon showing as still shipping today, for my screen protector, switch and zelda, is still gonna be to me by tomorrow, that's incredible. It's currently 445 PM EST, saying it'l be to me tomorrow before 8PM EST.

Don't think there's any reason to contact Amazon and make sure?

This happens for every major item and people get in a panic as much as a week before release.

What's funny is when you think about it, it's weird how people will freak out over a preorder which a company will have plenty of time to plan and organize all those shipments well in advance for things to go smoothly, but nobody sweats about placing an order for an in stock item which is unplanned on the businesses end and just one of thousands of orders being fulfilled that day, and worrying if that will ship out or arrive on time.

Logically, the impromptu order should have more risk than the preorder, but people reverse which one they freak out over.

Just received shipping notification for Neon Switch and Special Edition Zelda from BB. Labels only and waiting for UPS pickup for delivery to SoCal.

Hopefully I get notification soon too. Pro controller shipped an hour ago but the switch (neon) is still preparing.

I am in SoCal as well.

Phew.... I can finally breathe easy. At almost 5pm EST Best Buy finally shipped my Switch with FedEx overnight shipping. They really cut it close! Should have the whole ensemble by the end of the day tomorrow.

This happens for every major item and people get in a panic as much as a week before release.

What's funny is when you think about it, it's weird how people will freak out over a preorder which a company will have plenty of time to plan and organize all those shipments well in advance for things to go smoothly, but nobody sweats about placing an order for an in stock item which is unplanned on the businesses end and just one of thousands of orders being fulfilled that day, and worrying if that will ship out or arrive on time.

Logically, the impromptu order should have more risk than the preorder, but people reverse which one they freak out over.

The reason I've been worried about my Best Buy pre-order is because my New 3DS XL pre-order back in 2015 arrived from them three days late. However, I think that may have been an issue with Nintendo shipping the units to BB late, so I'm hoping I actually get the Switch tomorrow.

Ok so target's site says that today at 1:42 PM my package departed for the ups location from York PA. I live in Cleveland Ohio. UPS says it expects arrival for march 7th. How does this make sense? Is there any chance of me getting it tomorrow?

bumpkin

Everything I preordered for in-store pickup at Best Buy has been confirmed...

- Pro Controller
- 1-2-Switch
- Super Bomberman-R
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Special Edition
- All Five BOWT Amiibo

Also got a call and confirmation from my reservation GameStop that my Switch will be available for pickup. They did tell me explicitly that I have until Sunday to pick it up, but no mention of NEEDING to buy a game with it.

For more anecdotal info, I was told by a friend that the Best Buy is getting 150 Switch consoles above and beyond preorders, roughly 100 gray and 50 neon. If I can get one there instead (they're handing out tickets), I might just do that and cancel my GS preorder tomorrow.

Either way, tonight's gon' be gud!

Top Bottom