• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Krakatoa

Ok so target's site says that today at 1:42 PM my package departed for the ups location from York PA. I live in Cleveland Ohio. UPS says it expects arrival for march 7th. How does this make sense? Is there any chance of me getting it tomorrow?

Sounds like its going ground.

ctfg23

Pro controller just shipped from Amazon and is supposed to arrive on Saturday. Console and Zelda SE still preparing for shipment.

Ok so target's site says that today at 1:42 PM my package departed for the ups location from York PA. I live in Cleveland Ohio. UPS says it expects arrival for march 7th. How does this make sense? Is there any chance of me getting it tomorrow?

If you didn't pick overnight shipping, it makes plenty of sense. People should realize if you want something on release date, Target is not the way to go since it may or may not happen. Same with Wal-Mart. The only two companies I would trust for release date delivery at this point in time is Amazon and Best Buy. Everything else could be anywhere from release day to a week later.

Tabasco

My pro controller was delivered to me earlier today from Best Buy.

Interesting that it came in early, but nothing I can do with it for now.

FINALLY.

Od8S7uE.jpg

BooJoh

Amazon still says I'll have everything tomorrow, but UPS says Monday.

I'm starting to worry.

This happens to me a lot, and UPS will just about always update to say "Scheduled for Early Delivery" on the promised date from Amazon. Try not to sweat it.

DarkKyo

Amazon still says I'll have everything tomorrow, but UPS says Monday.

I'm starting to worry.

That happened with me when they were sending Fallout 4. I did several chats with amazon reps and they all assured it me it would be there on time, but UPS was right in the end and it came a couple days late. Amazon of course gave me some store credit.

Consider yourself lucky though, my Switch hasn't even shipped yet and it's supposed to be here tomorrow.

pro controller still hasn't shipped from Best Buy. Should have just waited on it and picked one up at target later with my employee discount. Can't even cancel or anything.

Mine just shipped from best buy(Coming UPS) so give it a little time my amiibos and controller didnt ship til about 20 min ago

BriGuy

So amazon showing as still shipping today, for my screen protector, switch and zelda, is still gonna be to me by tomorrow, that's incredible. It's currently 445 PM EST, saying it'l be to me tomorrow before 8PM EST.

Don't think there's any reason to contact Amazon and make sure?
Only if you're really gunning for a spot on that "problem customer" list.

lt519

Estimated arrival for Neon from BBY that just shipped this morning via UPS just updated to between 10:15am and 2:15pm tomorrow. GAF do I wait or go pick up my Gray at the midnight launch and be stuck with gray forever?!

BooJoh

Mine still says arriving by 8pm tomorrow and still hasn't shipped. I live in Oklahoma there is no way that's happening :(

They will likely overnight it to you. I'm in the same boat, still says "Shipping Today" and "Arriving Tomorrow." I get that with a lot of Amazon preorders.

e_i

Time to Gamestop and get my number. They have 35 preorders at my local GS. I wonder how many will show up with the weather being crap.

h0tp0ck3t

This happens for every major item and people get in a panic as much as a week before release.

What's funny is when you think about it, it's weird how people will freak out over a preorder which a company will have plenty of time to plan and organize all those shipments well in advance for things to go smoothly, but nobody sweats about placing an order for an in stock item which is unplanned on the businesses end and just one of thousands of orders being fulfilled that day, and worrying if that will ship out or arrive on time.

Logically, the impromptu order should have more risk than the preorder, but people reverse which one they freak out over.

Normally I'd agree with you 100% but Nintendo is notorious for shorting retailers. Lots of people got their Master Editions from Amazon canceled not to long ago

If you didn't pick overnight shipping, it makes plenty of sense. People should realize if you want something on release date, Target is not the way to go since it may or may not happen. Same with Wal-Mart. The only two companies I would trust for release date delivery at this point in time is Amazon and Best Buy. Everything else could be anywhere from release day to a week later.
Do i have any chance of it arriving tomorrow?

Wallach

Amazon charged my Switch finally today. Still haven't charged my Master Edition BotW which is supposedly still arriving tomorrow. Bomberman shipped though.

If I gotta play fuckin' Bomberman while the world is playing Zelda you fuckers will see me on the news tomorrow evening.

SRTtoZ

Ugh, My Switch just showed up via UPS from Best Buy along with Zelda and my red Joy-Cons. Is this normal? It said Friday delivery lol

Paskil

I don't have time to read this thread so apologize if already answered, but has anyone confirmed that an online Best Buy preorder for in-store pickup can be gotten at midnight? I only received a confirmation that I can pick it up on 3/3.

GPsych

So my Best Buy order that shipped via UPS Ground yesterday is now saying "Information Unavailable" with regards to delivery date. I'm guessing it's not making it tomorrow...

lindseybp

Just came from paying off my preorder at my local gamestop. They got 4 extra consoles in for those that didn't preorder. He said it was the same at another store he just came from. There were two girls in chairs by the front door already waiting. This was about 4:15est and it's cold and windy here.

MY GAMESTOP MASTER EDITION ORDER SHIPPED WITH EARLY DELIVERY TOMORROW.

And I was moping all day about my regret in not paying extra for release day shipping because i wanted to play Zelda through the weekend. I'm so happy!!

RikuDawn

It's been 20 fucking hours since my order has said "shipping today" (it was still yesterday when it first said it) and it still hasn't shipped.

lt519

Ugh, My Switch just showed up via UPS from Best Buy along with Zelda and my red Joy-Cons. Is this normal? It said Friday delivery lol

Yeah there is an entire thread about Best Buy delivering early often. Enjoy!!

I got my PS4 a day early from Amazon, they try to time it but UPS can be quick if you live near a distribution center.

old

quick question, (i tried finding the answer in the wikipedia article but no luck)

Can I take the portable part out of the house and continue to play the game? Or do I need to stay in the vicinity of the dock?

ZServ

quick question, (i tried finding the answer in the wikipedia article but no luck)

Can I take the portable part out of the house and continue to play the game? Or do I need to stay in the vicinity of the dock?

Yes! The console is the bit with the screen. The dock merely moves the display to your tv.

My Switch and Zelda have been preparing to ship all day from Amazon. Still says it should get here by tomorrow. We shall see.
Hopefully it's coming from the CT warehouse

Top Bottom