• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

unbiasedgamer

Neo Member
My Switch and Zelda have been preparing to ship all day from Amazon. Still says it should get here by tomorrow. We shall see.
Hopefully it's coming from the CT warehouse

Cutting it too close for my liking, I believe it's coming from new Jersey for me

gXnn1aY.jpg

This morning Best Buy sent me an e-mail letting me know that my Switch, Zelda Master Edition and Pro controller are ready for pickup. Looks like everything is going smoothly, now I just need to wait 10 more hours.

Mine still says arriving by 8pm tomorrow and still hasn't shipped. I live in Oklahoma there is no way that's happening :(

I'm in the same boat. My Pro Controller, Bomberman and Zelda shipped already from Amazon, but my Switch says Shipping Now. Still says I should get it tomorrow though. A little worried, but there is an Amazon center in my state so I'm not freaking out too much yet. Still, a little too close for comfort.

Now that I've secured a Switch, what are my options for finding a Pro Controller in-store sometime tomorrow? They pretty much sold out everyone online immediately

Peltz

Gamestop still hasn't updated my pro controller preorder. It says "Open" as the order status.

This is the last time I ever order from them. They're truly shit.

SRTtoZ

Was it being tracked? Mine says today but I can't track it with UPS.

Honestly I have no idea, for the first time ever I didnt check tracking and was expecting it tomorrow but the UPS guy came and handed me 2 decent sized boxes from Best Buy :)

Ever since I pre-ordered and even when it shipped it said Friday March 3rd delivery date.

Switch - amazon shipping soon
Switch - Best Buy- shipped but showing no tracking/awaiting ups pick up
Zelda - Best Buy- shipped but showing no tracking/awaiting ups pick up
Zelda Archer amiibo - Best Buy- shipped but showing no tracking/awaiting ups pick up
Zelda guardian amiibo - Best Buy- shipped but showing no tracking/awaiting ups pick up
Switch Pri controller - Best Buy- preparing

And nothing showing on ups my choice

oatmeal

Banned
Did your BestBuy say what time they open tonight for it?
11:30 is when they said to get in line.

-

So I have a Walmart Neon store pick up pre Order from that midnight allocation two nights ago. Does anyone know when that is "pick up" able? Right now it just says "not defined" with tomorrow's date.

mrk8885

Banned
AMAZON: Shipping Soon

BEST BUY: Shipped, Here's the tracking number...not yet picked up!

My dreams of a nice early delivery seem to be disappearing. Guess I'll make more horizon progress before the Zelda hiatus!

My switch, from gamestop, is to be delivered on Monday.

Unfortunately I'm renting Zelda from gamefly (I generally never replay single player games) and it hasn't shipped yet. Odd, cause gamefly always seems to ship day before release and then take like 4 days to get to me.

mcmudman

Neo Member
Quick question: The switch is gonna be up on amazon prime now. Im in Dallas, my master edition from amazon already shipped two days ago but my switch console itself is still on "we've got your order". I ordered right after the presentation. At this point, if it doesn't ship tonight and say that it will be delivered tomorrow I'll just buy a console off of amazon prime now. They're going to have free shipping and early morning deliveries. If my amazon.com nintendo switch comes in later than the launch date I'll just send it back and return it.

BooJoh

Just got my shipping notification and tracking number from Amazon for my system, BOTW, and amiibo all in one package to be delivered tomorrow.

L090lvT.gif

EDIT: As expected, UPS tracking says "Service UPS NEXT DAY AIR"

jrock

Walmart order from a few days ago. Was stated to be here march 3.
Order status only says
"undefined by March 3"
What's this mean? Am I borked on this one? They charged me as soon as I placed the order.

Barrett2

Is there a difference between "shipping soon" and "shipping now" on Amazon?

They charged my card earlier today so I assume I'm all clear for delivery tomorrow, but it still shows "shipping now" on Amazon order page...?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

They charged my card earlier today so I assume I'm all clear for delivery tomorrow, but it still shows "shipping now" on Amazon order page...?

I think it is semi-literal. Soon is .. well whoever soon happens to be. now is like, we don't have your tracking info, but you'll have it shortly.

Chylo

Neo Member
Amazon hasn't shipped my Switch even though it's listed to arrive by 8PM tomorrow while Best Buy has shipped my Pro Controller, but not Zelda.

sadromeo

My charging grip from Best Buy delivered today:

uVcRpLZ.jpg

ohXx4Xm.jpg

Now just waiting for the Switch and Zelda: BOTW special edition... come on Tomorrow hurry up!

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Got email for one of my 2 switches I have ordered for I store pick up tonight. One ready (neon) other isn't. Hope they don't try to pull a 1 per person shit post order. I always order at least 2 of everything (got 3 ps pros). Not to resell I actually use them. If they give me shit tonight I swear I'll stop shopping there and only go Amazon. Hell I spent over to 10k there this year alone.

Lexxon

Walmart order from a few days ago. Was stated to be here march 3.
Order status only says
"undefined by March 3"
What's this mean? Am I borked on this one? They charged me as soon as I placed the order.

Mine looked like that forever, except it was undefined by March 9.

Now it's shipping (this is an in store order btw) and still expected "by" March 9.

What a joke. I guess there's still a chance it's reserved in store, but it sure sounds like they're shipping online inventory to the store, despite the fact the store has something like qty 55 units.

Good thing this isn't my main unit!

Target is using shitty 3-day shipping on their unit, making it arrive on Tuesday.

Since I ordered so many units for friends, I get to see how each store deals with these pre-orders. So far, Best Buy and Amazon are doing awesome. Walmart I'll wait until tomorrow, but my thought so far is "Awful", and I don't remember if Target had a faster shipping option or not....if not, then poo poo on them, too!

Ibuki

Banned
Zelda copy showed up in my state, so it will arrive tomorrow.

Meanwhile Amazon still hasn't shipped my Switch...

Erv

Dam still no ship on my switch in the Midwest. This is too widespread. Think I'm gonna have to look for other options
.. Amazon btw

Just got the shipping notification from Best Buy. Breaks my streak of getting preorders from them a day earlier than expected. But it's fine. I'm not grumpy.

akileese

All my amiibo and my Best Buy master edition showed ready for pickup on 3/3 so that's neat. I'm lucky in that my Gamestop and Best Buy have midnight events going on for the Switch. Gamestop first, then loop around to the BB off the highway to get Zelda and some accessories!

Atheerios

Yeah. Shipping soon means that the process in the Amazon warehouse will start very soon. Shipping now means that process has already started or (most of the times) your package is waiting to leave the warehouse.

El Odio

Banned
Dam still no ship on my switch in the Midwest. This is too widespread. Think I'm gonna have to look for other options
.. Amazon btw
Nother Midwesterner here using Amazon and both my Switch and copy of BotW have been stuck on shipping soon/now all day. I can't think of any time amazon's screwed up release date delivery for me but I'm still anxious as fuck.

Cerium

It's been 20 fucking hours since my order has said "shipping today" (it was still yesterday when it first said it) and it still hasn't shipped.

I'm in the same boat and customer service is gonna hear from me if I'm not playing Zelda tomorrow

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
had my pro controller delivered today

my lord is that a nice controller

My Switch and Zelda should be here soon allegedly. My Pro controller and Neon Joy-Con set got delayed until tomorrow. They were supposed to come today.

I really cannot and will not complain.

shtolky

Just got done setting up the Switch and playing a bit of Shovel Knight. What a great little system this is. Pro controller is fantastic. The UI is so minimalist but clean. The entire system is that way really, there are no frills, it's just a sweet little gaming machine and that screen is awesome. Saving Zelda for the weekend. Hope everyone enjoys it!

Top Bottom