• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Kaelan

Hyped. Amazon order finally shipped. Will be here tomorrow, hopefully before 5:30 PM because our mail room closes then. And even when it gets here the freaking lady has to scan it and send us an email notifying us something has arrived. Hopefully she doesn't slack :/

JakeD

Amazon: arriving tomorrow by 8 pm

Huh, ok. Cutting it close Amazon but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt I guess

same here for my zelda SE. last time i tried to overnight something from amazon it ended up shipping at 7pm....and i got it 3 or 4 days later. so im not as optimistic as some people here but hey lets hope for the best

lt519

My pro controller from Best Buy finally shipped but it's still "awaiting UPS pickup". Does Best Buy ship overnight for stuff like this?

Yes. Mine finally got picked up by UPS about an hour ago and it's coming from a local distribution center, be here by 2pm at the latest and 10am at the earliest.

Hattori

Banned
all my orders have shipped except a couple of amiibo from Best Buy. I have three delivery companies knocking at my door tomorrow lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Shipment arrived at Amazon facility in Shakopee.

Don't fuck this up Amazon

My Switch finally shipped from Amazon. Also, my AC adapter and Pro Controller both shipped even though they had March 7th delivery estimates. Pretty happy about that. I'm in Wisconsin btw.

arimanius

Just got my Zelda delivery from Best Buy. It's just sitting there taunting me while my switch from GameStop is still sitting at the label is made.

So, Best Buy said my orders have shipped. But they haven't really shipped. They've been packaged and awaiting UPS pickup for eight hours.

Gonna' be pretty salty if this stuff isn't at my door tomorrow. Best Buy guarantees release date delivery with no option to pay extra for expedited shipping.

Esiquio

I don't have time to read this thread so apologize if already answered, but has anyone confirmed that an online Best Buy preorder for in-store pickup can be gotten at midnight? I only received a confirmation that I can pick it up on 3/3.

I called asked about this. Yes, IF your store is doing a midnight release AND your order is confirmed for pickup.

I called my local Best Buy to confirm they were having a midnight release, and I received my order confirmation today, so I'm good.

shwimpy

BEST BUY OVERNIGHTS PRE-ORDERS. STOP PANICKING.

They've always shipped preorders to me the day before and it always arrives the next day. I live in SoCal btw... they must have a distribution center really close by.

Portland, OR - Amazon still says "Shipping soon, arriving tomorrow by 8pm"

Grrrrrrr! I'm not too worried, but it's still nerve wracking lol.

Only just got charged for my Amazon order on Zelda.

Still says "shipping today." I've got Zelda pre-ordered for in-store pickup at Best Buy just in case. I'd rather run an errand and have to return one of them than miss playing Zelda on day one.

Mah Gamestop pre-order's tracking number shows EoB 3/3 but still in the "printing label" status...

Pleasantly surprised that Amazon's shipment of my AC Adapter was estimated for 3/7 but is now said to be arriving 3/3.

Tomorrow night is gonna be awesome.

Does anyone know if Best Buy generally has games and stuff on display to buy at the midnight launch or is it just for the stuff you have pre-ordered? Thinking of picking up bomberman and some more controllers if they have stock when I go to pick up my Switch.

Tidalwave

Potentially the last time I preorder from GameStop. Not super happy that my standard edition of Zelda hasn't shipped yet. If it's not here tomorrow I'm gonna have to return it. 🙃

Esiquio

Mah Gamestop pre-order's tracking number shows EoB 3/3 but still in the "printing label" status...

Pleasantly surprised that Amazon's shipment of my AC Adapter was estimated for 3/7 but is now said to be arriving 3/3.

Tomorrow night is gonna be awesome.

I'm pretty annoyed that my Zelda SE isn't arriving until Monday, and I paid for expedited shipping. That's not cool, especially since I fly out of the country on Monday night and was expecting to have this before then.

SeanR1221

Aw man. The switch I'm buying from my neighbor Just got a tracking number. I checked ups and it's a 3 day drivery. Looks like it's Tuesday for me :/

BEST BUY OVERNIGHTS PRE-ORDERS. STOP PANICKING.

They've always shipped preorders to me the day before and it always arrives the next day. I live in SoCal btw... they must have a distribution center really close by.

haha

Just a few minutes after you made this post, I received an e-mail from UPS stating my packages are arriving tomorrow. Soooo happy!

Effect

All my things from Amazon are shipped now. Tracking numbers for all. Not getting the guide until Wednesday though. Don't really care about that but it is annoying. I mainly wanted it just to get it to go along with my copies of Hyrule Historia and the Art collection that just came out.

I have tomorrow off, need to run some errands and hopefully I'm done by noon. That way I can pick up the mail (most of the items), see if UPS drops off the Switch (coming from Baltimore, MD for some reason. Everything else came from New Jersey and Pennsylvania to Pennsylvania.) and then get to playing. I have no plans for the rest of the weekend outside of maybe running to pick up dinner for the family. So hopefully I'll be left to play.

lutheran

My Amazon shit says it's coming tomorrow and shipping today but it ain't shipped yet

On the edge of my seat here.

Same thing with my order, preparing for shipment delivery date tomorrow by 8pm and it is 7pm and still no "its on its way" pretty aggravating. I am a Prime member, but I realize this is a very rare occurrence and over the years I have always received my stuff on time and never had to wait this long for verification etc. New consoles release very rarely so I will still keep my prime even if my item isn't here tomorrow. Most every other item I order is here on time or earlier than it was supposed to be.

wanders

Anyone in the SF Bay Area receive their orders from Best Buy yet? I have a tracking number but it hasn't updated all day. Was hoping I would be able to play it today.

Barrett2

Anyone else preorder from Walmart the first night they were available but seemingly not receiving theirs on launch day? I ordered mine from Walmart 01/12. After ordering, delivery was updated to 03/02, then again updated to 03/07.. Baffling.

Dartastic

Portland, OR - Amazon still says "Shipping soon, arriving tomorrow by 8pm"

Grrrrrrr! I'm not too worried, but it's still nerve wracking lol.
Me too. I'm also in Portland. I'm mostly sad that I won't get to play Zelda until later that night because of the Timbers match. Tomorrow is gonna be a good day. :)

Anyone in the SF Bay Area receive their orders from Best Buy yet? I have a tracking number but it hasn't updated all day. Was hoping I would be able to play it today.

If you live in the Bay Area, you're not getting it early. A majority of the gaming stuff shipped from Best Buy to the Bay Area comes out of Fresno, so they almost always ship the day before since it's so close and they know it'll arrive the next day.

spock

Finally everything is shipping...

Amazon prime member out of NH, Grey switch left NJ at 5:03pm ETA 3/3

Walmart - Official switch case and screen, shipped with tracking an hour ago ETA 3/3

Best buy BOTW standard went out yesterday from upstate NY ETA 3/3

I can finally stop checking my email, lol. Hope tomorrow is a great day for everyone!

Effect

I hope everyone that has orders that still haven't updated get theirs when they should. Launches can be so frustrating. I look at the bright side, such as it is. You'll still get your system and games though. Many others that do want one but weren't able to preorder or decided they wanted one much later won't be so lucky.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Me too. I'm also in Portland. I'm mostly sad that I won't get to play Zelda until later that night because of the Timbers match. Tomorrow is gonna be a good day. :)

Also Portland area. Still preparing from Amazon. I know we have fulfillment centers in WA, but still a little nerve wracking.

Might not be the right thread to ask in, but does anyone know what's up with the RDS Industries case on Amazon? My order still says Delivery Date Pending. Wondering if I should cancel it and just get something else.

Top Bottom