• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

I already have a switch preordered at gamestop, but I am at best buy now at 715 pm scoping out the situation. Theres already at least 10 people camped out, its 30 degrees, breezy, and heavy snowfall.

Michiganders dgaf.

antonz

Kind of funny. I have 5 Amazon Distribution Centers within 30 miles of my house yet my Master Edition ships from Lakeland Florida lol

Padinn

My Amazon order went from shipping now to shipping soon again. The drama continues ;-)

I live about 15 miles from a dispatch center, so not really worried.

seat

My Best Buy orders for the console and Zelda show ready for pickup for 3/3, but my the pro controller I ordered still shows"in progress". Anyone else showing the same?

Amazon's shipping service hasn't ever required a signature from me. However, if you live in an apartment building that needs a code, you need to add the code on your Amazon order so that they know how to get in the building. Barring that, they will usually call you a few times if they aren't sure how to get in. I haven't had any problems with the service overall as long as you make sure to add a code or delivery instructions (if necessary).

Hey, thanks. I've been considering how to handle leaving work/going in late and waiting at home for it to arrive, but there's no telling if it'd be morning or night because I never get anything from them.

Would have made a long day at work even longer. I'll just go in early and hope they leave it on my deck should they arrive before I'm home.

Switch I bought from a fellow gaffer hasn't shipped yet. He ordered from Amazon and I live in Texas, really hope it ships out and lands tomorrow.

KaYotiX

Banned
My Amazon order went from shipping now to shipping soon again. The drama continues ;-)

I live about 15 miles from a dispatch center, so not really worried.

mine just got updated, i have a distro center 20 mins away. Says in transit be here tomorrow by 8pm

Near San Antonio,TX FYI

mstevens

I have an in store Best Buy pre order. Do you guys think I can just show up exactly at midnight or should I get there early? I know they won't sell my system but I don't want to wait in line forever.

I have an in store Best Buy pre order. Do you guys think I can just show up exactly at midnight or should I get there early? I know they won't sell my system but I don't want to wait in line forever.

Does your Switch preorder say "ready for pick up" or is it "pre-ordered" still?

I don't get why Nintendo dictated midnight across the board for in store pickups. That makes no sense. Do they not understand US timezones?

If you prefer to wait a super long time prior to opening as opposed to after opening, then yes you should go early. The line for preorder pickups will be long and slow because loads of people are buying loads of stuff in each order, like the console, games, guides, and amiibos.

Shocked! Ordered a set of blue Joycons when they briefly went up on Walmart a couple nights ago and they actually shipped. Looks like I should get them tomorrow, too.
Was totally expecting to get those next week or later. Placed that order with zero confidence.

Defect

There we go, GameStop shipped my Neon Switch and Zelda ME.

Amazon says shipping now for my Grey Switch and Zelda SE.

Best Buy shipped my Pro controller yesterday. I'm set for tomorrow.

TankRizzo

Banned
Body is ready

GJXLyX8_d.jpg

And the Gamestop has 4 grey non preorder systems.

Ziocyte

Anyone in the SF Bay Area receive their orders from Best Buy yet? I have a tracking number but it hasn't updated all day. Was hoping I would be able to play it today.

I'm in the Bay Area seeing the exact same thing as you. Best Buy was saying "Get it by March 2nd" from the moment I made my order in January, but I was always skeptical. We should be fine for a Friday delivery, although I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried that the tracking order still isn't showing any hard date.

We'll get them tomorrow! : )

So, Gamestop shipped my Switch and extra Joycons. I had a pending charge last Saturday for each, but since they shipped neither one is showing and haven't been replaced by the final charge. Anyone else run into this?

Ashby

Holy crap gaffers, the Best Buy I am picking up my Switch at has 35 people waiting in line for the console.

Ugh, I hope my Best Buy's midnight launch doesn't take too long since I have a preorder. I'm so sick that I would literally not leave my house for anything but this.

wanders

If you live in the Bay Area, you're not getting it early. A majority of the gaming stuff shipped from Best Buy to the Bay Area comes out of Fresno, so they almost always ship the day before since it's so close and they know it'll arrive the next day.

Thanks for the response. Why did they have to tease me with that 3/2 delivery date😩😩😭😭

Bii

So, Gamestop shipped my Switch and extra Joycons. I had a pending charge last Saturday for each, but since they shipped neither one is showing and haven't been replaced by the final charge. Anyone else run into this?

Mine's the opposite. Pending charge since Saturday and still not shipped out.

Bii

Mine's the opposite. Pending charge since Saturday and still not shipped out.

Of course, as soon as I posted this. I got an email confirmation from gamestop that my console has been shipped.

Gonna arrive Monday but it's for my bro, no big deal.

Amazon seems to really want a bunch of people to jump ship to GCU.
How so? By showing off the impressive feat of shipping a bunch of consoles for free in less than a day?

I heard earlier that retailers can be fined by Nintendo for customers receiving pre-ordered products early. I know that when stuff like this is shipped through FedEx, there's big bright warning labels on all the packages saying they cannot be sold until a certain date.

Amazon's just guaranteeing the least amount of early deliveries as possible. While that's not really a plus for the hyped up Switch fanboy, that's generally a good thing for the already poor Amazon / Nintendo relationship.

I'm mainly refrencing the editing orders madness and the clueless CS call guys.
Sorry, can't follow every page of the thread. What edited orders?

You talking about people editing their payment options, and that messing with the shipping date, or people potentially not receiving their Switch stuff until next week?

jwillenn

Yes (not to shipped (if actually shipped), but to no transaction record/funds deduction)

checked account twice today and still no change

order status at GS site: closed
"shipped" confirmation email: got it, but...
ups tracking: not shipped, but the label has been made...

R0ckman

Sorry, can't follow every page of the thread. What edited orders?

You talking about people editing their payment options, and that messing with the shipping date, or people potentially not receiving their Switch stuff until next week?

Editing payments on orders screwing up the shipment status. I had one glitch up so bad its showing as Delivered (Sonic Mania CE).

Wal-Mart finally just shipped my Official Case+Screen Protector. Still says it should be delivered on the 3rd. No movement on my Switch order on Amazon, but I live in a Prime Now city and am 25 minutes or so from the distribution center.

Maengun1

Guys the thirst is REAL. Wii U launch was nowhere near these hype levels.

Entirely anecdotal I know, but I'm going to my gamestop's midnight launch with 3 of my friends who are all picking up their switch preorders (mine is coming tomorrow from amazon).....and none of them bought a WiiU. I've been the only one with it the whole time providing occasional multiplayer nights.

It really feels like it's not just the diehards this time...everyone else is checking back in

psyfi

Banned
I wasn't planning on going to the midnight release for this, but my sleep has been super fucked up this week, and I'm thinking I may as well. I have no commitments tomorrow anyways, just 100% Zelda gloriousness.

Top Bottom