• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I've been up since 4am with 4.5hrs of sleep. System is hooked up and updated. Zelda is now updating and I've totally got my second wind!

Sigh. My Switch was supposed to arrive tomorrow (Friday) but UPS had some random delay and I won't get it till Monday now. I'm in Houston, Texas and it's in Alabama right now. I'm hoping they get it to Houston during the night somehow so I have a chance to get it tomorrow. I don't even mind picking it up from the local warehouse, which isn't that far from me.

I had this whole weekend plan to play Zelda.

Just got a notification from UPS saying my BB Switch order won't be here till Monday now. I'm furious. It literally went from tomorrow to Monday in less than an hour.

Mine was from Amazon and they told me in the morning that it's been delayed. Don't these retailers guarantee release day shipping? Can't we hold them accountable for this, even if the delay is caused by the carrier?

Yes Boss!

Yeah, thankfully it's a warm night here in Portland. Looks like I should be able to avoid the rain too, though that's always a gamble. I have a 25ish minute bike ride home, but I have a waterproof backpack, so my goods will be fine. I'll just throw my clothes in the dryer when I get home and curl into bed and play some Zelda. :)

I went to pay off my Zelda Wii U version at GameStop Fairbanks earlier this evening and it was -35 outside and there were folks gonna line up at 9pm till midnight for the few extras. These people in Alaska are freaking crazy. I'm just picking my game up tomorrow after work.

Malus

Man I don't care if it comes next week I just hope Walmart doesn't completely screw me and tell me they're sold out or somethin.

In the same boat but wanted to add another question; Picked up some eshop cards but for the life of me, can't find where to input them on their site from my pc. Do you require a nintendo device to redeem them?

Never seen anywhere other than in the eShop on the console itself.

Also, once you have eShop funds, you can't use them to buy digital from the Nintendo website. Only in the eShop, so yeh, I guess that means you can't redeem on the site.

URdZT6a.jpg

moowear

Never seen anywhere other than in the eShop on the console itself.

Also, once you have eShop funds, you can't use them to buy digital from the Nintendo website. Only in the eShop, so yeh, I guess that means you can't redeem on the site.

Ah gotcha. Will just have to wait for delivery of the system tomorrow then. Thank you!

The Third Heat

Neo Member
Mine was from Amazon and they told me in the morning that it's been delayed. Don't these retailers guarantee release day shipping? Can't we hold them accountable for this, even if the delay is caused by the carrier?

I sure hope so. My order said "Get it by March 2nd" since the moment I pre-ordered. Is that not some kind of guarantee? I'd have thought BB would have shipped my out sooner, but it only shipped today which made me nervous to begin with. Now I'll have Zelda all weekend with nothing to play it on. And to think I was more worried about my Amazon order...

I think I'll pop by the best buy near my home on the way back from getting my preorder. I have a coworker I got the switch pro controller for, went to 4 different stores and all were out of walk ins. He's a solid guy. I'll ask if they have any switches and Zeldas left. If so I can wait a bit longer and buy him one.

Jetku

I'm fucking livid!! My local BB was not listed as doing a midnight launch but I called them twice (TWICE!!) just to make sure and both times they said they're doing a midnight release. Just got here and there's no one here and the BB is all boarded up.

Mine too! Howell NJ!

Got my charging grip, bomberman, and case from GS at midnight instead. Guess I'll be going at noon tomorrow...

Desperado

So my Walmart preorder for store pickup from this week hasn't budged yet. I went in to my store just now and they had already given out tickets for the remaining non-preorder stock. I was considering buying one tonight and trying to cancel the preorder, or seeing if they would give me one of the walk-in units, but oh well. Hopefully my unit will ship in the morning and I can pick it up after work. Zelda is on the way from Amazon, at least.

Amazon shipped all my items. Switch + 2 Master Editions + 2 Special Editions and even the Pro Controller that was expected to ship on Tuesday ended up shipping on time. Thanks Amazon.

x3sphere

The only thing that shipped today for me from Amazon was the Joycon charger. Everything thing else, the Switch itself, Zelda SE, and Pro controller has been in preparing for shipment all day :S

There is a distribution center close to here so maybe they will be shipping it same day tomorrow, I hope.

sleepnaught

well, god damn, Just found out my BB isnt even open for the midnight release. This is crazy, because its usually open at midnight for all kinds of releases, even just popular game releases. Guess I'll have to wait til tomorrow evening after work to pickup my stuff :(

Arkam

Damn, the line here at Best Buy in San Antonio is long.

Surprised by the line at my local GS too. Line goes at least three stores down the way. I just want to go grab my Zelda... so I can wait patiently fir my Best Buy order to come tomorrow.

antonz

If you have an amazon distribution center nearby its not too late still. I had an order go out at 5 AM for same day delivery via one of their local couriers before.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
One final check and my Zelda still stuck at preparing from Amazon. I guess they are going to have some dude from the warehouse run it down to my house tomorrow morning or something?

ds8k

My GameStop order is still sitting at Order Processed with UPS. I paid for release day delivery, so if it doesn't show up tomorrow I'm gonna be livid.

Saven

Banned
Yay, Gamestop gave me the wrong joycons! :/

Thankfully they didn't cost more, but I am going to be careful with this particular GameStop from now on. This isn't the first time that they've messed up an order. Setting up this console now. Can't wait to start Zelda!

NYC area here and Amazon still says "Preparing for Shipment." I know they have at least one warehouse relatively close to here and they've shipped releases overnight in the past, but I've never seen them ship a package after midnight and receive it the same day.

Inspect

Neo Member
I'm fucking livid!! My local BB was not listed as doing a midnight launch but I called them twice (TWICE!!) just to make sure and both times they said they're doing a midnight release. Just got here and there's no one here and the BB is all boarded up.

Literally the same exact thing happened to me in Mason, OH. The store wasn't listed but I called them twice and both times told me they were opening at midnight. Work all day tomorrow so hopefully I can sneak out at lunch time.

I'm in San Diego and my BB Switch preorder is now coming Monday as well. Did something happen?? What did SoCal ever do to you, UPS??

Hmmm... if you go to UPS directly and register their website you can go to their My Chance and it will show an estimated delivery date... on there it has mine coming at Friday between 1-5 PM tomorrow. Still hope?

Kuusoge

I'm sitting here praying that Amazon is just being really slow to update everyone's order status because of demand. Otherwise I don't see it getting here by tomorrow even if it says it will. I've had orders shipped late but not this late. It's been switching between shipping now and shipping today all day.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
NYC area here and Amazon still says "Preparing for Shipment." I know they have at least one warehouse relatively close to here and they've shipped releases overnight in the past, but I've never seen them ship a package after midnight and receive it the same day.

Same here. I'm wondering if maybe the Switches for NYC are actually at their 34th St warehouse. Seems like the only way they could do it. That said, I have actually seen it never update until the item was actually out on the truck for delivery already, so it could be a similar situation.

Of course there's also the issue of it still saying arriving "tomorrow" when tomorrow is now today here.

MattyG

Banned
Amazon is showing my delivery date as Monday because it says the shipment got grouped in with a separate order of Amiibos, but the UPS tracking website says tomorrow. What the fuck amazon.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Literally the same exact thing happened to me in Mason, OH. The store wasn't listed but I called them twice and both times told me they were opening at midnight. Work all day tomorrow so hopefully I can sneak out at lunch time.
Yeah the part that makes me mad is that now I have to pick it up after work.

forrest

formerly nacire
FYI, Switch went live on Amazon Prime Now at midnight on the East coast. I would anticipate it will do the same for other time zones.

We order Prime Now from time to time and it's pretty great. I would love to see midnight Prime Now deliveries available for pre-orders in the future. I would have gladly paid the extra delivery fee to be playing tonight versus tomorrow.

my switch is literally sitting in a warehouse down the street (target online order, no expedited shipping btw)

Amazon shipments, Zelda, Hori case, Hori screen protector, are being delivered tomorrow by "8pm"

I have a feeling I'll be unboxing everything by the time I get off work =D

Add me to the list of people whose BB Switch order got delayed to Monday. Pretty fucking frustrating considering it had said "Get it by 3/2" since I first pre-ordered. Bummer.

Same here. I'm wondering if maybe the Switches for NYC are actually at their 34th St warehouse. Seems like the only way they could do it. That said, I have actually seen it never update until the item was actually out on the truck for delivery already, so it could be a similar situation.

Of course there's also the issue of it still saying arriving "tomorrow" when tomorrow is now today here.

I forgot about that warehouse since all of my shipments arrive from New Jersey. Hopefully they're shipping from that location or the system hasn't been properly updated.

I want to say Amazon uses Pacific time so the order status should change from arriving "tomorrow" to "today" once it passes 3AM on the east coast.

my best buy order got delayed to monday but my amazon order arriving tomorrow but one of the two systems is for a family member so i'll give them the one that comes tomorrow. oh well!

semisonic

Banned
My best buy order just got changed from "Thursday, March 2nd" to "We'll notify you as soon as we ship it." Feels like I might be fucked here. I'm going to be pretty damn pissed if so.

Top Bottom