• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

gwiz210

Just have the one grey Switch with Amazon that I preordered the day it went live. Still prepping for shipment 19 hours before it says it's supposed to be delivered by. Talked to Amazon chat support and they told me the item won't ship because it's "unavailable". I don't know if he just didn't actually look into things or if I'm not getting my Switch, either way I'm a little upset I might not be playing BotW tomorrow.

I think you're fine. My roommate is in the same situation but I've heard of Amazon pulling some tricks.

Relax guys. If they charged your card by now you're getting one. If not, then yeah, be worried. It's probably just delayed with updating the order which is why it says "Preparing for Shipment" This has happened before with other things. All your orders have probably shipped.

Relax.

God fuck Best Buy. The store near me has extra special editions of Zelda and they told me earlier today it'd be separate lines for preorders and non-preorders. Just showed up, low and behold for some fucking reason it's one line so I'm behind solid 60 people. This is fucking stupid my shit is already paid off why should I wait behind all of these people that have to check out still

psyfi

Banned
God fuck Best Buy. The store near me has extra special editions of Zelda and they told me earlier today it'd be separate lines for preorders and non-preorders. Just showed up, low and behold for some fucking reason it's one line so I'm behind solid 60 people. This is fucking stupid my shit is already paid off why should I wait behind all of these people that have to check out still
My store was one line until we got inside, then there was a separate line for folks with pre-orders. Either way, you'll get what you came for.

My store was one line until we got inside, then there was a separate line for folks with pre-orders. Either way, you'll get what you came for.

Well not exactly lol I came here an hour and a half early to try to snag a limited edition of Zelda. I'm sure those will be long gone by the time I check out. Fingers crossed though

I drove by the closest walmart, game stop, and best buy. A lot of people hanging around...

Its sort of worth the experience to do a midnight release pick-up but it is only worth doing once. I can't bring myself to go through that nonsense ever again (did it w/ gamecube @ walmart back when)

To amazon peeps, I send good vibes to you, amazon will come through, they typically do

I drove by the closest walmart, game stop, and best buy. A lot of people hanging around…

Its sort of worth the experience to do a midnight release pick-up but it is only worth doing once. I can't bring myself to go through that nonsense ever again (did it w/ gamecube @ walmart back when)

To amazon peeps, I send good vibes to you, amazon will come through, they typically do

I've never experienced it before and I don't think I ever will. I enjoy sleeping in too much, online shopping has really made things so much easier too.
I'm hoping everyone waiting online or outside will get their switch!!!

antonz

Looks like Gamestop in San Fran was the place to be tonight. NOA brought some of the Breath of the Wild Devs there for the midnight launch

Jzero

Well thanks to Prime Now, I can sleep happy knowing that i'll be able to play Zelda when it arrives later today.

Amazon and UPS lost my order :(

Never arrived at UPS shipping center.

M0Kq3y0.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon has changed for me from "Preparing for Shipment" to "Shipping Today."

Now showing "Arriving today by 8pm." So far so good.

nikos

Amazon's pending charge just fell off of my bank account. Still says Preparing for shipment, arriving today by 8pm.

I'm hoping this means it's going through some final stage and will be scanned for shipment.

EDIT: Amazon just charged me again. Things are happening.

tbro777

Neo Member
Right before 9pm est, amazon finally shipped my switch and zelda. So hopefully the don't deliver it too late, ups in my area can come as early as noon and seen them as late s 7pm

Just got an email that my Best Buy shipment was now delayed to Monday. I'm in LA. So pissed as I'm flying this weekend and was really hoping to play Zelda on the flight. Last time I order from Best Buy

Yeah just got that email too. Well that really sucks. I could have ordered from multiple places instead but stuck with them because of reward zone points.

I'm going to try and see if they may have any stock left over at my local best buy tomorrow morning.

el_jefe

Neo Member
Little after 3:30a here and Amazon is still on preparing to ship for delivery by 8pm today. If I don't get it today (took off from work), Amazon is gonna get an earful. I see people in this thread that got in the preorder batches after me (I ordered Jan 13th) get their shipping notices already.

Little after 3:30a here and Amazon is still on preparing to ship for delivery by 8pm today. If I don't get it today (took off from work), Amazon is gonna get an earful. I see people in this thread that got in the preorder batches after me (I ordered Jan 13th) get their shipping notices already.

Yeah. I have already blocked out some time this afternoon to make a long call to Amazon.

lutheran

Pretty disappointing to not know what is going on, even if people are right about the orders not updating MYUPS should have told me about a delivery coming today. Maybe it went Fedex? In Long Island NY...

Kyzer

Banned
Gamestop order still has not shipped, no visible change from last week. "Open". Ughhh

Saw an email that said the payment hold should have happened a week ago, it never did

sadromeo

Congrats to all those that got theirs and those that will get theirs soon. Not long now. I hope to be opening my box of Switchmas goodness in a few hours!

finalflame

Got mine tonight, and have a pro controller and Amiibos for store pickup tomorrow. Good luck to everyone still waiting on theirs!

My Switch went from Arizona to Kentucky! I live in Oklahoma, it actually flew over my head! This is why I never track packages lol. I go crazy. :)

lutheran

Almost 6 AM still preparing to ship for delivery, should be here by tonight at 8pm lol. Absolutely crazy, I will never order something this important to me from Amazon ever again even if it gets here tonight. The not knowing is worse than it saying arriving Monday (and having a tracking number).

It's 5:45 am and its still preparing for me (it says it'll be here today, and if so fantastic but I've never had something shipped same day so I have no confidence lol) And now I'm preparing for the worst :( This is the second thing out of the past 3 deliveries late for me... I have work today but if it's not here around when I normally get the mail I'll have to chat up a rep or something. No fun.

Ordered from Amazon. In Orlando, FL. It left South Carolina last night (despite friends having theirs ship from Tampa).

It arrived at Jacksonville at 1 AM and didn't leave until 4 AM. UPS did send me an email saying I'd have it between 1 and 5 today. Hopefully it gets through their receiving center quickly.

Sylas

Ayyy. Mine shipped but they changed delivery to arrive tomorrow! It said today all day yesterday. Time to bitch out Amazon!

lutheran

You are lucky.

My shipment from Amazon via UPS is lost, and even if they find it they won't deliver until Monday.

They will find it, but that does suck. I am supposed to have a delivery by tonight from Amazon and still it says preparing for shipment. I hate that they dropped the ball like this and fuck Nintendo for always never having enough consoles out on release day.

sadromeo

My Switch went from Arizona to Kentucky! I live in Oklahoma, it actually flew over my head! This is why I never track packages lol. I go crazy. :)

LOL, my Switch went from Oklahoma to Texas and now in California. But it is currently at a 'sorting facility' and scheduled to be delivered today.

Welp. My Amazon delivery has been delayed due to weather. Luckily that was only accessories. My BestBuy order is still on time. Should be able to pick it up around 8 ideally.

Ordered from Amazon. In Orlando, FL. It left South Carolina last night (despite friends having theirs ship from Tampa).

It arrived at Jacksonville at 1 AM and didn't leave until 4 AM. UPS did send me an email saying I'd have it between 1 and 5 today. Hopefully it gets through their receiving center quickly.

I'm in Tampa actually, so maybe if it ships out of Tampa then I'll get it today? I'm grasping at straws here haha but godspeed on your shipment!

Sylas

Mine did the same. Pissed. Hopefully its just a mistake.

Yeah, it's pretty damn unacceptable. I went all angry, entitled white collar worker on them and they gave me a 10% refund and told me to contact them again after the item has been picked up by USPS. I'll go to the goddamn post office if I have to.

dukie85

Ordered a screen protector on Amazon on the 15th, 2 days after preorders went live... Everything else shipped yst or days ago, but the protector didn't, and now it's "temporarily out of stock" but it still says I should get it today, even though my status is "not yet shipped". Yeah, ok...

lutheran

My latest chat with Amazon on my Switch order that says arriving today by 8 pm in long island NY but still says preparing to ship.

Srinivasan: Thanks for waiting, I appreciate your patience.
I have checked your order details.
I checked and see that your item has entered the advance shipping process,
Hence your item will be shipped soon.
Me: same day shipping?
it says here today by 8pm
Srinivasan: Since this is a pre order item , the shipping team might have not updated the shipping status properly.
Me: so it should still be here by tonight?
Srinivasan: Yes Anthony, you need not worry about that, i checked and see that your order is processing fine.
Hence you will get your item before the end of this day.

Top Bottom