• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

AWWWWWWWWWYEAHHHHHHHHH

9tLM1V2.jpg

I thought for sure I'd have to wait until Monday.

Shipping companies can really move when they have the incentive.

Like I had a package 2-day shipped from China once.

Effect

Switch is out for delivery now. Need to do things this morning though. Hope it and everything arrives by the time I get back. What really sucks is I've been battling a illness the past several weeks. Was getting better but kinda feel like craps today. Today of all days. That's annoying.

Strangely enough, both my Pro Controller and Switch from Amazon are listed as "Shipping now", even though it says my Switch will arrive today and the Pro Controller won't arrive until Tuesday.

Phatmac

Anyone in the West New York in the NJ area know at what time UPS usually deliverers packages? I'm deciding on when I should leave work in order to get my Switch.

Kyzer

Banned
Not sure what to make of this. Odds of me getting it in the morning or even today seem very slim

Thank you for contacting GameStop, the order status is SCHEDULE, meaning that is processing by warehouse at this moment, preparing the items for the shipping, allow such procedure to complete. . As soon as the tracking number becomes available, an email will be sent to you automatically.

AmyS

Why did I get both the Wii U and Switch versions of Zelda ?

The disk version will be hard to fine soon enough, like Twilight Princess on GameCube.
I love to compare different versions of games.
My Wii U purchase is now justified.
Why Not

dolabla

Assuming i even get my damn switch im in a similar situation, just buy another copy of botw and sell yours for the same amount when it arrives

Yeah, I think I'm gonna ride over to Toys R Us or something and pick up a copy and just return the Best Buy copy (but keep the controller) when it arrives. Or I wonder if the local Best Buy will just give it to me for the price I paid online and I just return my copy coming by UPS. I guess I can give them a call to find out.

My switch and an extra set of joycons and charging grip are in the mail system now, probably to arrive today.

Amazon charged my card for BOTW special edition yesterday morning, as of this morning it is "preparing for shipment". Yes, I am even a Prime member (I'm in Toronto..., the easiest place in all the country for anybody to fulfill an ecommerce order to)

Well, poo on you Amazon. Also, poo on Nintendo for releasing this thing on a Friday when so many of us just preorder shit online for delivery. They left no margin for error to get this into early adopters hands for the weekend, leaving people with the whole dreaded "weekend gap" on typical deliveries if there was even the slightest hiccup along the chain.

Would not have killed them to release it yesterday. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter... play the game tonight or play it monday night, it's just going to be annoying having the system in my hands and nothing to do with it other than a system update, literally.

It is not so easy to pull the "buy it at the store, return when the other copy arrives" maneuver on the special edition since nobody has it. I would even entertain just picking up the normal edition for same day prime delivery (with the prime discount) and selling the special edition when it eventually arrives if it wasn't for the fact that I doubt there is going to be an easy market for it after release weekend, literally any crazy person that is going to care about the special edition is going to make sure that they have this game in some form over this weekend already.

11redder

My Switch from Amazon is out for delivery, but Botw still hasn't shipped. It's still showing arriving by 8pm though, so hopefully it's coming from a local fulfillment centre.

kaskade

Still nothing from amazon. This is the first time they have ever missed a shipment. Unless their system was backed up or something and I didn't get s notification

jxN3

Switch has said "shipping" for 7 hours. Unless this thing is coming from a hub close to me, I should probably give up hope that it'll be here today.

Sigh, I even took today off in anticipation like a goddamn idiot.

popokarimu

Neo Member
My Switch from Amazon is out for delivery, but Botw still hasn't shipped. It's still showing arriving by 8pm though, so hopefully it's coming from a local fulfillment centre.

In this same boat. My BotW order has said Shipping Today since yesterday morning. Not too worried, hoping they either didn't update with tracking info (has happened in the past) or they are just doing same-day delivery since I live near a distribution center.

kahi

Picked Switch up from wal-mart at midnight. Zelda, case, and screen protector being delivered today so plan on waiting to open until then. Never got a "your Switch has been delayed" or anything from Gamestop besides the e-mail to reply to upgrade to overnight shipping for release date delivery back on like February 18th, which I did. The fact that they couldn't even tell me I wouldn't be getting it on launch is one of the many reasons I stopped shopping at Gamestop ages ago, only ordered from them because only place that had "launch" units in stock after I was finished with a client when pre-oorders went live.

iyox

Switch has said "shipping" for 7 hours. Unless this thing is coming from a hub close to me, I should probably give up hope that it'll be here today.

Sigh, I even took today off in anticipation like a goddamn idiot.

If you took off you might as well try to walk in to a Target or Walmart and see if you can grab one. I think supply is decent. I am also in a situation where a system I ordered via Amazon doesn't look like it's ever coming.

el_jefe

Neo Member
My Amazon order is still preparing to ship as of 8:10am. I think either the Amazon update system is messed up for a bunch of fulfillment centers, and these systems have shipped OR Amazon has some other issue going on. I have never had same day shipping in my area, even with all the fulfillment centers in my state (PA). Usually a package have to be scanned by 5-7am for a delivery today.

kahi

Gamestop order still hasnt shipped. I am a tier one order and paid for overnight. Fuckkk

Yeah, fuck that company. Same boat. Picked one up from Wal-mart. E-mailed to cancel my Gamestop order. If they don't cancel it and I get one from them early next week too someone can have it for the $330 (shipping and tax) I will have paid for it.

The lesson here is that if you really want something, you should pre-order from a few different places.

I placed 3 orders at 3 different stores, all are out for delivery right now.

Returning things is a lot easier than trying to find a product that may be scarce at launch. Or you get to help out a friend or family member that didn't pre-order and wants one.

Also, since you ordered multiple units, in case there is some kind of defect with one, you have backups.

kaskade

My Amazon order is still preparing to ship as of 8:10am. I think either the Amazon update system is messed up for a bunch of fulfillment centers, and these systems have shipped OR Amazon has some other issue going on. I have never had same day shipping in my area, even with all the fulfillment centers in my state (PA). Usually a package have to be scanned by 5-7am for a delivery today.

I'm close to you too. I'm curious what's going on. Anyone else in the Northeast not get a notification either? Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll start showing up randomly.

I'm pretty surprised as in all the years I've never had amazon mess up. I had a day one PS4 too.

nikos

Amazon finally updated to shipped. Delivery changed to tomorrow from today. USPS, which means I'll probably never see it. Brooklyn, NY.

Big Brett

The lesson here is that if you really want something, you should pre-order from a few different places.

I placed 3 orders at 3 different stores, all are out for delivery right now.

Returning things is a lot easier than trying to find a product that may be scarce at launch.

Also, since you ordered multiple units, in case there is some kind of defect with one, you have backups.

It's not that I don't think your method works, but i don't exactly have a grand to just drop on a few Nintendo consoles when one carrier has guaranteed me release date delivery.

jxN3

If you took off you might as well try to walk in to a Target or Walmart and see if you can grab one. I think supply is decent. I am also in a situation where a system I ordered via Amazon doesn't look like it's ever coming.
Not a bad idea, will check out my local target forsure. :)

Yeah, fuck that company. Same boat. Picked one up from Wal-mart. E-mailed to cancel my Gamestop order. If they don't cancel it and I get one from them early next week too someone can have it for the $330 (shipping and tax) I will have paid for it.

The following rant will sound like a spoiled brat/first world problem comment.

I feel soured by Game Stop and will probably never order anything from them again. 1 job. You sell games and are a dying company and can't even get that right! Someone who ordered within the fucking hour that the system was available and even paid for overnight shipping get's shafted, talk about a buzzkill.

Get your shit straight, all you do is sell games!

Phatmac

I'm close to you too. I'm curious what's going on. Anyone else in the Northeast not get a notification either? Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll start showing up randomly.

I'm pretty surprised as in all the years I've never had amazon mess up. I had a day one PS4 too.
In NJ and mine is out for delivery. Sorry to hear about your issues :(

I'm pretty sure Amazon's Shipping notification system is just being a piece of shit now. I've been preparing to ship for two days. I chatted with them and they said it will def be here today still. Weird.

O88to5q.png
UyddmFw.jpg

4beH594.png
I9bAeUw.jpg

SBHdfsV.png
A8jCcqg.jpg

0gCEB2U.pngg
FiLVel9.jpg

Why do I bother with prime when they keep dropping the ball on pre-orders? Time to look into GCU after my prime student renewal discount expires this year. Might as well walk around and hope that a store has a neon switch in stock.

I'm pretty sure Amazon's Shipping notification system is just being a piece of shit now. I've been preparing to ship for two days. I chatted with them and they said it will def be here today still. Weird.

That is what they said about my Street Fighter V pre-order. "I promise that you'll get it today"

next day I asked for prime extension, $5 off, and cancelled my order.

Woke up at 5:30 and headed to Walmart to try and score a Pro controller (since my Amazon preorder has not yet even shipped). They had a few on the shelf so I am a happy camper! I asked about Switches, and they said they sold all of them and that people were waiting forever for them, since 6 am yesterday.

Redd

Amazon still hasn't shipped my strategy guide. At least I was smart enough to order my Switch and Zelda through gamestop

Apparently my Zelda SE and Switch are in Columbus (I'm in Cleveland area), but may be delayed due to "Weather or Natural Disaster".

The weather is fine. It's cold but not awful. I mean, I don't mind too much since it's my roommate's Switch but I wanted my SE today.

Another fellow north new jerseyan (I know we never say that). Amazon is still preparing for shipping. Unless they are dropping off my package via drone, I am not getting my switch today, or maybe they used dhl?
Heading out to the stores to see if I can just buy one. I said it before, but amazon has been garbage past few years and I am done with them.

kaydigi

Anyone in the West New York in the NJ area know at what time UPS usually deliverers packages? I'm deciding on when I should leave work in order to get my Switch.

Sign up for ups mychoice, it will show you an estimated 4 hour window of delivery for free.

My Gamestop order is out for delivery! I'll go pick up Zelda & Bomberman at 10:00 and hopefully won't have to wait much longer to start playing

atomsk

Party Pooper
Another fellow north new jerseyan (I know we never say that). Amazon is still preparing for shipping. Unless they are dropping off my package via drone, I am not getting my switch today, or maybe they used dhl?
Heading out to the stores to see if I can just buy one. I said it before, but amazon has been garbage past few years and I am done with them.

down here in Ocean County and my order just changed to "Shipping today"

I went with amazon because they were on the ball getting me PS4/PSVR/PS4 Pro on launch day... but I always had the "shipped" notification the night before.

Rizific

Holy balls, my Amazon switch finally shipped at 5am this morning and the carrier is already in my city. It's happening.

el_jefe

Neo Member

My Amazon order now says "shipping now"! So, that's something and better than preparing to ship, I guess. Still no tracking number or carrier data though.

Big Brett

bad news...

Sowmitha: Hello, my name is Sowmitha. I'm here to help you today.
May you please help me with the order Id?
so that I can assist you accordingly.
Me: INFO
Sowmitha: Thank you Brett.
Me: INFO
i think they'll be coming together though
Sowmitha: May I place you on hold for 2 minutes while I look in to this?
Me: yup
Sowmitha: Thank you very much for waiting.
There was actually a delay from the manufacturer because of inadequate inventory.
But however please be assured that it will be delivered to you by Tuesday.

Me: I don't understand I am fairly certain I preordered as soon as it was available
how was my order not prioritized?
Sowmitha: We are working on it to make it get delivered at the earliest as we really do not want our valuable customer's to get disappointed.
As a goodwill of gesture I would love to extend your prime membership.
kindly accept it
Me: the status of my order still says it is arriving today by 8 pm, as well as for many others. will our statuses be changed to reflect this delay?
Sowmitha: Please allow me two minutes of time kindly?
Me: ok
Sowmitha: I do not want to disappoint you with false promises that it gets delivered today but however please be assured that we are working on it,taking action on the manufacturer to provide us the item so that we will be delivering it at the earliest before Tuesday.
Me: OK thank you for your time

Carlisle

My Amazon Switch order is STILL preparing for shipment. Still expected to arrive today but god damn why cut it so close. The Best Buy Zelda and Pro Controller orders are in the post, and my walmart case order completely shit the bed and isn't arriving until Wednesday. It's the one thing I don't need day 1 so I can live with it but I was expecting it today.

Edit:
My mistake, Amazon has been upgraded to shipping soon. But how has it still not even shipped. I know they've got same day delivery these days and I think there's a distribution center within an hour from me, but it's such a tight window I can't help but worry.

Sylas

Starting to think something is up with my USPS tracking #... it still hasn't made it to the destination facility. This is bizarre.

My Best Buy order of the Switch has been out for delivery since 6:18 am EST. I'm at work now, and my wife leaves at 9:20 AM. Really hope it comes before then. UPS doesn't usually leave packages and I do not want to have to go to their location.

The Amazon order with BotW and The Zelda Amiibo is also out for delivery by USPS. They will leave anything out, so I should have that no problem.

Top Bottom