• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Rajesh: Good morning , I've just checked the details of your order and I see that the item which you've placed went out of stock and so the shipment got delayed, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, usually this does not happens.

Fuck my life

McBryBry

Got home from second job at 6:30pm last night, ate dinner, slept until 11, got the Switch, played until I had to keave for first job at 4:30ish.

Really enjoyed my time with Zelda and the Switch so far but my body is screaming "YOU'VE MADE A GRAVE MISTAKE"

My gamestop order finally shipped.

Rajesh: Good morning , I've just checked the details of your order and I see that the item which you've placed went out of stock and so the shipment got delayed, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, usually this does not happens.

Fuck my life

Who did you order from?

ctfg23

Anyone in the Bay Area CA have their Amazon order ship yet? Mine has been preparing for shipment since 8AM yesterday. I know we're in a same day delivery area so they could ship it at noon and have it still arrive today, but still. I've never had them ship a preorder this late before.

My latest chat with Amazon on my Switch order that says arriving today by 8 pm in long island NY but still says preparing to ship.

Srinivasan: Thanks for waiting, I appreciate your patience.
I have checked your order details.
I checked and see that your item has entered the advance shipping process,
Hence your item will be shipped soon.
Me: same day shipping?
it says here today by 8pm
Srinivasan: Since this is a pre order item , the shipping team might have not updated the shipping status properly.
Me: so it should still be here by tonight?
Srinivasan: Yes Anthony, you need not worry about that, i checked and see that your order is processing fine.
Hence you will get your item before the end of this day.
I pray this is the case. I was planning on having a Skype session with my buddy tonight while we play Zelda :/

Anyone in the Bay Area CA have their Amazon order ship yet? Mine has been preparing for shipment since 8AM yesterday. I know we're in a same day delivery area so they could ship it at noon and have it still arrive today, but still. I've never had them ship a preorder this late before.
No Bay area, but DC here with same problem as NYC. Amazon US may be on some funny business with these order updates

Put another one in the Amazon messed up group. North east MA.

Didn't ship until this morning at 1:30am. Says it will arrive on Monday. UPS tracking isn't even active yet.

Was one of the first pre orders. Also in the order was a case/Zelda Special edition.

Going to chat too, this is bullshit to not ship on time and get here on release.

My Switch and Zelda orders are still on "Preparing for Shipment" and "Arriving today by 8pm," with the tracking page saying "Shipping soon."
Same.
I'm in NYC and my shipment went out this morning with a scheduled delivery for tomorrow. I'd get on their asses right now.
I called them at midnight, was told there was a delay getting the systems from Nintendo's factory and there was nothing they could do. She said to call back today but there's still a chance it'll arrive. Basically seemed like she had no idea. I've had this happen before with Amazon...

Sylas

Same.

I called them at midnight, was told there was a delay getting the systems from Nintendo's factory and there was nothing they could do. She said to call back today but there's still a chance it'll arrive. Basically seemed like she had no idea. I've had this happen before with Amazon...

Yeah, once my tracking info updates I'm gonna try calling them again around 10-11am to see if they can't just hold the package at a post office for me to pick up today. Took the day off for it!

dukie85

Arun: Hello, my name is Arun. I'm here to help you today.
I am sorry that you order has not shipped yet
Don't worry I assure you , I will certainly help you
Please let me know the order number.
Me: Ok, just a second
Arun: Thank you
Me: Of course
Arun: Could you please wait while I check in to this for you ?
Me: Sure
Arun: Temporarily out of stock.
Me: Yes, but I preordered before the cutoff time, 2 months ago
Arun: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5P86A7/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Me: If you read at the bottom, it says preorders made after February 7 would be delayed. I preordered January 15th
Arun: Yes but many orders are already placed before that
If you wish I can cancel it for you
or if you can wait that will be fine
Me: No waiting. I need one today. I'll just cancel and get it elsewhere.
Arun: ok

LOL

Courage

I'm also in NYC and an Amazon rep told me they're same day shipping it to me, since the fulfillment center is close. They're cutting it close, but as long as it gets to me today w/e.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm also in NYC and an Amazon rep told me they're same day shipping it to me, since the fulfillment center is close. They're cutting it close, but as long as it gets to me today w/e.

Should be fine. In big cities places like Amazon and Best Buy usually have warehouses.

My BOTW (Wii U) and Amiibo set in preparing to ship for days and finally got picked up by UPS last night and were just a couple of towns over from Atlanta and will be delivered today.

Didn't ship until this morning at 1:30am. Says it will arrive on Monday. UPS tracking isn't even active yet.

Was one of the first pre orders. Also in the order was a case/Zelda Special edition.

Going to chat too, this is bullshit to not ship on time and get here on release.

Heads up, just got off chat, and was offered a whole $5 promo credit for the $500 of Switch stuff I ordered. Awesome.... They totally dropped the ball.

hwy_61

Banned

I kept listening to you talk about how you had 3 preordered, just in case, all the while thinking, "Kevin is out of his mind".
Not anymore, sir!

I'm about a hour and a half north of NYC if you drive slow. I'm hopeful that I'll get it today still as my order as shipping soon and arriving at 8

Pigs

Mine just updated to "Out for Delivery " an hour ago. I have to work today, but I'm going to be watching my security camera like a hawk and if it shows up I am going to run home and bring it inside. I'm nervous about it because the last Amazon delivery I got they gave to one of my neighbors by accident and I never got the package.

JakeD

Glad I got two preorders. Just shocked it was Amazon that dropped the ball and not target. The situation is still gonna cost me money cause I'll probably cave and buy Zelda digital assuming the Amazon delay ends up being more than a day or two.

Son of a bitch! Just got a UPS update for my GameStop order:

UPS <tracking> from GAMESTOP not received yet. Updated delivery status provided when UPS receives package. Reply STOP to cancel msgs

What the hell!!! I even was stupid and paid for shipping to ensure I would get it on release day.

RootCause

Preparing since yesterday. &#128557;
Very nice of them to ship the charge grip, neon joy-con, and amiibo.

That should keep me entertained until my switch gets here.

My Amazon switch and accessories are scheduled to arrive here in Chicago by end of day today. My Best Buy switch and accessories just got delayed (they're in Ohio now) and are now showing arrival tmrw.

Amazon wins again in Chicago!

hwy_61

Banned
My Amazon switch and accessories are scheduled to arrive here in Chicago by end of day today. My Best Buy switch and accessories just got delayed (they're in Ohio now) and are now showing arrival tmrw.

I'm in the nw burbs, so right now it's at the palatine sorting facility....I should just drive there and grab it...

hwy_61

Banned
Did you do amazon as well? Just checked and my stuff is in Northbrook right now. So close....

I did. If that was a possibility, I'd swing by northbrook too and grab yours for ya! I'm close enough to both. They probably would just call the cops if some lunatic showed up yelling about, "I'm here for the Switch!!".

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
I wasn't planning on getting one on release day, but guess what, I just did.

It's incredible how little games were delivered to shops though. The first shop I went to only had '1 2 switch', the second literally received ONE (!) '1 2 switch' and the third had (lucky for me) 7 copies of Zelda.

These were not mom-and-pop-stores, but big chains.

LOL, my Switch went from Oklahoma to Texas and now in California. But it is currently at a 'sorting facility' and scheduled to be delivered today.
Haha, what a mess. I really am curious how people come up with these logistics.

On the bright side, my Switch just arrived at Oklahoma City. :D Should be out for delivery soon, whoo!

DatAhmedz

I'm in PA and my switch came from NJ, you guys need to be patient. You guys most likely live near Amazon wearhouses and they can just ship it to you same day.

This right here.

I get super anxious about these things since I also have to wait a few days to get my forwarding service to ship it to me in Bahrain, mainly because I took a week off from work and don't want the damn thing to arrive a day before I go back to work. I later discovered that there's a warehouse not too far from where my destination is, so I'm not too worried about it.

I can understand being upset with delays, and it really sucks. But you guys will get your orders soon.

And please try not to get too angry or hostile with Amazon reps. They're just doing their jobs :c

Camjo-Z

Still not shipped, but apparently I'm 3 hours away from a shipment center so the Amazon guy thinks I'll still get it today... we shall see.

West burbs here, most everything shipped from BB last night and will be here today.

Gamestop order still hasnt shipped. I am a tier one order and paid for overnight. Fuckkk

Same here! I paid for release day delivery and signed up for My UPS yesterday and got a text from UPS that the package was. It received from GameStop yet. Sofa King mad right now.

Kyzer

Banned
Same here! I paid for release day delivery and signed up for My UPS yesterday and got a text from UPS that the package was. It received from GameStop yet. Sofa King mad right now.

Honestly feel much better to know someone else is going through this

dolabla

Looks like Best Buy and Walmart dropped the ball with me. I will get my Switch today from Best Buy since it's out for delivery, but my copy of BotW and Pro Controller from Best Buy is still showing no activity on the UPS tracker; only "Order processed Ready for UPS pickup".

From Walmart, the official Nintendo case + screen protector was supposed to come today and it shipped yesterday, but now it's showing a delivery date of March 8th.

The whole reason I placed an order on Walmart was because I also have an order for this case on Amazon, but it said it wasn't gonna be delivered until Tuesday and I was gonna return it. I thought I was gonna get it on launch day from Walmart cause it kept showing a March 3rd delivery date, but now I'm gonna get it later than the Amazon order. I guess I'll be returning the Walmart order now.

This sucks. I'll have the system and no game to play. I guess I could easily (if they have any) just go out and buy BotW & a Pro Controller and return the order to Best Buy when it arrives, but I won't be able to get the $25 off I got from Visa checkout on that order.

Kyzer

Banned
Looks like Best Buy and Walmart dropped the ball with me. I will get my Switch today from Best Buy since it's out for delivery, but my copy of BotW and Pro Controller from Best Buy is still showing no activity on the UPS tracker; only "Order processed Ready for UPS pickup".

From Walmart, the official Nintendo case + screen protector was supposed to come today and it shipped yesterday, but now it's showing a delivery date of March 8th.

The whole reason I placed an order on Walmart was because I also have an order for this case on Amazon, but it said it wasn't gonna be delivered until Tuesday and I was gonna return it. I thought I was gonna get it on launch day from Walmart cause it kept showing a March 3rd delivery date, but now I'm gonna get it later than the Amazon order. I guess I'll be returning the Walmart order now.

This sucks. I'll have the system and no game to play. I guess I could easily (if they have any) just go out and buy BotW & a Pro Controller and return the the order to Best Buy when it arriveds, but I won't be able to get the $25 off I got from Visa checkout on that order.

Assuming i even get my damn switch im in a similar situation, just buy another copy of botw and sell yours for the same amount when it arrives

AWWWWWWWWWYEAHHHHHHHHH

9tLM1V2.jpg

I thought for sure I'd have to wait until Monday.

Top Bottom