• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Just got a new text from UPS:

UPS <tracking> from GAMESTOP deliver time rescheduled for 03/03/2017 between 3:30PM and 6:30 PM.

Package still shows status Order Processed: Ready for UPS though. So confused.

Starting to think something is up with my USPS tracking #... it still hasn't made it to the destination facility. This is bizarre.

Mine says it was handed to the post office at 5:30am on Amazons website. On USPS it says "bro we ain't got your item yet from Amazon". So looking like I may not get it today :(

Apparently my Zelda SE and Switch are in Columbus (I'm in Cleveland area), but may be delayed due to "Weather or Natural Disaster".

The weather is fine. It's cold but not awful. I mean, I don't mind too much since it's my roommate's Switch but I wanted my SE today.

This is what happened to me. I asked a friend in Columbus, and she said that the weather is fine there.

sneas78

Banned
Man fuck amazon prime .. screwed up my order... I'm in line here at fredmeyer.. they have 50 switches.
Only 9 people in line.

Carlisle

Mine went from preparing to ship last night to shipping soon 45 min ago to shipping now just a second ago. Sounds like it's actually happening! Giving me palpitations here Amazon, sheesh. No need for this drama!

Sylas

Mine says it was handed to the post office at 5:30am on Amazons website. On USPS it says "bro we ain't got your item yet from Amazon". So looking like I may not get it today :(
Honestly I'm getting a little worried. My tracking info says it was inbound to USPS at 2am and they still haven't received it. Thinking the lack of updates might be because the post office isn't open yet but I guess we'll see.

nikos

people that got screwed by amazon, demand credit/gift card. that is BS.

Bestbuy is killing amazon, way more reliable

Best Buy canceled my preoder. Amazon is coming a day late. Walmart has had no communication whatsoever, no clue what's going on there. Target is actually out for delivery. Quite the unexpected turn of events. Awful launch so far.

JMY86

Starting to think something is up with my USPS tracking #... it still hasn't made it to the destination facility. This is bizarre.

Mine was the same way. Check your tracking through Amazon mine had a couple updates not listed by the USPS.

can't access bestbuy site at work, but can you cancel a store pick up order online, or do I need to call bestbuy or go to my store for that? I was able to get a neon yesterday, so I don't need my grey switch anymore that is ready for pick up

iyox

I ordered 3 switches and I picked up one last night(Gs), the other is on the way(GS online), and the other is Amazon limbo. Unfortunately, the Amazon one is for my friend. Feeling kind of shitty that he's not going to get his today. Can't believe Amazon f'd this up.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Still waiting for Amazon to ship my Switch and copy of Zelda. As of now they are still claiming it will arrive by 8:00 pm. I live 5 minutes from an Amazon sort center and 40 minutes from an Amazon fulfillment center, so I guess depending on how they are shipping it to me they still have plenty of time to hit that goal. Guess we will see.

sebco

Amazon finally updated to shipped. Delivery changed to tomorrow from today. USPS, which means I'll probably never see it. Brooklyn, NY.

Uh oh, BK here as well. Mine JUST changed to "Shipping Now," keeping my fingers crossed for UPS.

Mine has been showing since I ordered it that it will be delivered by the 3rd. Now I wake up, finally have the shipping notifications, and everything (switch, case, Zelda) shows as being delivered Monday. Thanks Amazon...

JMY86

I just got a text update my package is out for delivery. My mail is usually here by 11 am so I am in the home stretch...

Sylas

Mine was the same way. Check your tracking through Amazon mine had a couple updates not listed by the USPS.

I'm hoping it's because my local post office just opened up for the day. They've usually updated tracking info a little late but ugh... This is awful! Especially since if they can't get it on a truck I'm perfectly happy to go by and pick it up. Amazon doesn't have any more tracking info either, so. HRMMM.

kaskade

People on Twitter are complaining about the Amazon issue too. I guess the hopeful thing would be their tracking info isn't updating properly (which is kind of doubt) and we'll get them randomly today. Worst case we'll be waiting until next week which sucks since I'll be staring at my copy of BotW. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll ship USPS or FedEx and it'll deliver saturday.

Amazon has been stuck on shipping soon for like a day 1/2 now.... Amazing. GameStop switch is out for delivery, Zelda is out for delivery, Best Buy had my Pro Controller ready for pick up since yesterday.

Cmon Amazon. Guess I'll give em a call when I get to work and see what's up.

Hey guys, as a bit of hope for your limbo Amazon orders:

If you've noticed in tracking (with USPS or UPS) that the "package has left seller facility, awaiting pickup by <Carrier>" and it's been that way for... gosh up to a day or more, that means that the package is being moved to a local/nearest distribution center before being sent to the carrier. My package "left the seller" at 12 AM and I didn't receive any tracking updates until, gosh 12 AM the next day. It had gotten to my DC at 12 PM the day before and was just sitting there until logistics decided it could go to the local carrier for delivery without breaking street date.

It's be nice if Amazon could give more information about that. I had to politely pry the info out of a CS person.

Good luck, y'all.

I was able to walk into BB last night a few hours before launch and secure one with no problems. My local store received 103 units which was more than enough and they were nice enough to not make us wait outside in the cold.

MrMario315

Neo Member
Shop To delays in UK ;_;
pyOnpzB.jpg

The only thing that I probably won't get today is the Zelda guide, which is totally fine. That's still "preparing shipment", so who knows when that will arrive.

The game itself has shipped, and is currently "On the way". Let's hope it really does arrive by 8...

(all Amazon btw. My Best Buy Switch console and Pro controller has shipped and is currently a town away at the UPS facility).

tbhysgb

Sorry for the guys with issues. Don't how or why someone who preordered right away would get bumped out when mines out for delivery and I preordered in the January 27th batch.

My Switch through Amazon has just shipped. USPS says it's still awaiting it at carrier facility and Amazon's tracker now says for March 4th.

Waltzed into my local Walmart before work this morning in the off chance they had any Pro Controllers left. They just so happened to have 2 left, so I walked out with one, and dear lord am I glad I snagged one. This thing is nice.

DrArchon

Still waiting on Amazon to ship my Switch. On the plus side, BB got my Zelda SE to me already and it's fucking nice as hell.

nullpoynter

USPS has screwed me over multiple times on orders from Amazon. I hope you have better luck!

Sylas

Huh. My order just arrived at an Amazon facility... From a different Amazon facility while still having a USPS tracking number. This is both baffling and frustrating.

Currently waiting for 10 AM to hit so I can step out of my office and pick up my Gamestop pre-order. Zelda won't show up until later today but I can at least set things up and do updates and whatnot while I wait. Having a desk job is nice!

Out of curiosity I browsed eBay based on reports of people trying to scalp these. It seems like people are getting between $400 and $500 with the vast majority of sales being on the lower end of that scale. That's... barely any profit at all. Even if I were trying to make some quick money I certainly wouldn't bother going that route. People aren't too bright.

Bii

I'm sorry if this has been answered but are the current Nintendo eshop cards redeemable for digital Switch games? Was going to buy some yesterday at GameStop but they weren't sure if it worked.

ncslamm

Waiting for Best Buy to open at 10am. I went to WalMart and Target to scope things out. About 20 people at Target when doors opened and looks like they sold what they had. Walmart is 24 hours and did a midnight launch. Went back to Electronics and there were still 3 Zelda special editions and one gray switch available. Saw a few pro controllers and charging grips too. The only thing I didn't see was the official carrying case and the two Link amiibos. I don't think there's going to be any shortages.

Trudged through some hellish winter in NE Ohio. Made it to a 24 hour WalMart around 8. They still had 9 of 20 pro controllers available, Brickseek was accurate. They also had a couple of Switches on the shelf too. I'm just glad to get a pro controller.

Still awaiting an Amazon delivery and a WalMart delivery. No clue on either, sucks to missing out on Zelda. Should be able to play the new PoE league today =/

Top Bottom