• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

kaskade

Trudged through some hellish winter in NE Ohio. Made it to a 24 hour WalMart around 8. They still had 9 of 20 pro controllers available, Brickseek was accurate. They also had a couple of Switches on the shelf too. I'm just glad to get a pro controller.

Still awaiting an Amazon delivery and a WalMart delivery. No clue on either, sucks to missing out on Zelda. Should be able to play the new PoE league today =/

According to that, Walmart has a few near me depending on how quickly it's updated.

Clearos

Talking with Amazon now and just getting hit with vague answers.

Told "in shipping process" but can't tell me what carrier.
Asked again and told it is being packed for delivery.

I wish they just told me Maybe. I would of been okay with that.

My Gamestop delivery via UPS (Zelda SE) is out for delivery.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting outside of my Gamestop waiting for them to open since they didn't do a midnight. Picking up my Grey Switch, Pro Controller, Zelda amiibo, Zelda Skin/Screen Protector set and case. If they have any extra, might grab a game card case and joy-con charging cradle.

Then I'll race back home, clean my sugar glider cage while I wait for UPS so that way I can do a mass unboxing and setup video for my YT channel. Then....

ZELDA ALL WEEKEND!!!!!

thefil

Amazon just cancelled my Switch.

Fgzaz8H.png

My amazon preorder has been at shipping now since last night. CS says I'll have it today. No tracking number. No shipping details. I'm in NY. My Zelda is on the Fed Ex truck for delivery. Hmmm

For folks who've picked theirs up at GameStop, have an idea what their accessories stock was like? Should have preordered the charging grip but once my system and Zelda get here thinking of just heading over to my GS and seeing if I can grab one. (I mean I'll call them before if anything)

ss_lemonade

So the latest update on my switch delivery from UPS is "A late UPS trailer arrival has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled." What!? It's also just a couple of miles away now, arrived just an hour later than my Zelda order which is still on track for today.

Fracas

#fuckonami
My switch from Walmart supposedly shipped yesterday but it's now delayed. Feels bad. I'll try my local store today, I guess.

I wonder if there's any possible way for my Amazon one to come today if it's still preparing to ship.

I'm in the same boat. Mine shipped out at 5:15am or so this morning. Amazon is now telling me I won't get it until sometime before 8pm tomorrow now.

I'm REALLY hoping it still gets here by tonight. I'm in no rush for early delivery as I won't even be home until around 6pm anyway. But I also don't feel like sitting there staring at my copy of Zelda with my pro controller.

dafodeu

Amazon support is ridiculous. My switch hasn't shipped I open up a chat and he tells me it is preparing to ship and then I ask when I am getting it.

Me: so I am definitely getting it today?
Edward: Yes today until tomorrow.
Me: what that makes no sense is it coming today or tomorrow?
Edward: Please extend your patient to wait for the package to arrive.

What does that even mean? Who are they outsourcing support to these days. Jeez I'm going Best Buy from now on.

Coop

Amazon support is ridiculous. My switch hasn't shipped I open up a chat and he tells me it is preparing to ship and then I ask when I am getting it.

What does that even mean? Who are they outsourcing support to these days. Jeez I'm going Best Buy from now on.

said same shit to me

LotusHD

Banned
Fuck, just realized Zelda's being handled by USPS. Amazon still says it should arrive by today, yet USPS tracking says Monday is the expected arrival date now...

Mudron

Amazon still hasn't shipped my Switch - I called customer service and they said it will eventually ship sometime today, but won't arrive until 5th because of "standard 2-day shipping".

Thanks a bunch, Amazon.

I just used Amazon's support chat to ask if it would be still arriving today. They just advised they will co-ordinate with the carrier to ensure I receive my package today.

So, I'll have some hope.

JakeD

Wow before my biggest concern was getting it Tuesday. Now I have to worry about it getting cancelled. Hope they do it soon if so so I can go get Zelda in a store.

Rockman

Woke up this morning and still no word from GameStop for my console pre-order. Took a drive to target and got lucky with their last unit. Store got 23 total. Cancelled GameStop order. A company that specializes in selling video games can't get a launch right for a lot of customers? Never again.

Anyway to get a copy in NYC if you didnt pre order a console? Well I would have predored but Nintendo purposefully releasing less copies to generate hype imo is trash business model.

alf717

For anyone that got their's canceled were you charged for your order? I was charged yesterday but it says shipping today.

Thank you for waiting,
I've checked with the details and I'm sorry for the delay in the shipping
It seems your orders are delayed due to the issues at our fulfillment center
I see your items are in advance stage of shipping :)
and you will receive them by tomorrow
Once your orders ship out, I'll go ahead and contact the carrier
and request them to deliver your package
as top priority shipping and at the earliest

Im going to Walmart now to see what I can find. This sucks. I can't trust Amazon now.

dolabla

Amazon's customer support has gotten bad IMO. I ran into a problem not too long ago where I had Prime and was supposed to get 20% off this game, but it never applied to the order. I contacted them several times to try and fix it, but all I kept getting from them is "someone will contact you by email within the next 24 hours" from the promotions department.

It was like I was going in circles and I told them that and it still never got resolved. I finally just gave up and didn't renew my Prime.

Defect

My GameStop switch and Master Edition should be coming any minute now but they haven't charged me. That's weird right?

Etzer

Zelda is out for delivery but the Switch still hasn't shipped. It still says it's supposed to arrive today but I don't see how that's happening. I'm a Prime member, too. :/

dcx4610

Had my concerns with Walmart but it was successful. The customer service team was clueless when I came to pick it but they called over layaway and had each Switch box labeled with the customer name.

Kermy

Live in the East Bay; woke up at 6 to try my luck at the local wal mart. Got there at 6:30and there was a line of 6 people. Was able to eat a neon. It looked like they had a lot left.

Malus

As the day-of-release is finally here and no update on my Walmart pre-order, I'm pretty chill. Kind of hoping Zelda gets a framerate patch before I play it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Zelda is out for delivery but the Switch still hasn't shipped. It still says it's supposed to arrive today but I don't see how that's happening. I'm a Prime member, too. :/

Both of mine are preparing. Both due by 8pm.

This is normal. Probably means your game is coming from a different warehouse than the console
Stay frosty.

I live pretty close to an amazon warehouse, but I'm pretty nervous cause my switch and copy of Zelda have been in "preparing to ship" status for 24 hours. It still says it's going to get to my home today though... ¯_(ツ)_/¯

My GameStop switch and Master Edition should be coming any minute now but they haven't charged me. That's weird right?

Not at all. GameStop does an authorization the week before shipping and you will get the actual charge on your credit card within 24-48 hours after the day the items ship.

rmrivera

So after mine got stuck on preparing for shipment. I went out to toys r us and they a eemed to get like 30 units for a pretty small town so I was able to get #25 without much trouble. Sent amazon a cancellation and still haven't gotten the email that they have but I highly doubt that they have actually shipped it.

Edit: Amazon has succefully canceled my order pretty much guarantees that they didn't ship it out at all. So preparing for shipment actually meant that.

Etzer

Both of mine are preparing. Both due by 8pm.

This is normal. Probably means your game is coming from a different warehouse than the console
Stay frosty.

Just got off Amazon chat. They said that, due to the high volume of orders for this item, not all order statuses have been updated but that the console had in fact been shipped out and is still scheduled to arrive today.

Top Bottom