• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

gt86

Not at all. GameStop does an authorization the week before shipping and you will get the actual charge on your credit card within 24-48 hours after the day the items ship.

I was wondering about that, mine still hasn't been charged I thought it was odd that they would mail it before a final charge.

alf717

Just got off Amazon chat. They said that, due to the high volume of orders for this item, not all order statuses have been updated but that the console had in fact been shipped out and is still scheduled to arrive today.

Everyone is getting a different answer on this issue. Man Amazon really dropped the ball on this.

jxN3

Just spoke to a customer service dude at Amazon..

He said even though it hasn't shipped, it's going to leave shortly and is still on schedule to be delivered by the end of the day.

I told him how that made me skeptical, and he simply reiterated that it would be there at the end of the day, he also said that the packaging team marked it to be delivered today, "quite recently". If it weren't on track to meet that date, it would have already been updated in the system by the packaging team.

Gives me a little hope...

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Well shit, I was not expecting to walk in to Target and leisurely buy a Zelda SE.

But after Amazon cancelled my ME, I'll take it.

kaskade

No switch at the walmart. Hopefully Amazon pulls through and it gets here tomorrow.

I guess I shouldn't be complaining too much I still have Horizon to play.

Just spoke to a customer service dude at Amazon..

He said even though it hasn't shipped, it's going to leave shortly and is still on schedule to be delivered by the end of the day.

I told him how that made me skeptical, and he simply reiterated that it would be there at the end of the day, he also said that the packaging team marked it to be delivered today, "quite recently". If it weren't on track to meet that date, it would have already been updated in the system by the packaging team.

Gives me a little hope...

I call bullshit. It's 10:13am EST. Ain't no way people on the East Coast are receiving their stuff unless it has already been shipped and the system just has not updated yet.

Went out this morning to look for some Switch goodies and found an A/C adapter and extra Joy-Con at Wal-mart. They still had 3 BotW Special Editions, but nothing else. Apparently only got 14 in that they could sell and had a line of over 40.

Went to Target after and found my Guardian Amiibo. It was about 8:10 and there were just a few people still checking out. Took a look behind the counter and they still had a decent stack of maybe 10 - 15 Switches left and no one else waiting for them. So for my Amazon friends getting screwed, you might want to try your hand at Target.

Went to a bestbuy that I knew would have 1 extra non preordered Zelda Master edition at 7 am and there was already one guy there in a tent that started at 11pm the previous night. Drove out to another one that had one extra and after waiting 3 hours in the cold I got told they "lost" the extra one. Didn't have the effort in me to go anywhere else.

jxN3

I call bullshit. It's 10:13am EST. Ain't no way people on the East Coast are receiving their stuff unless it has already been shipped and the system just has not updated yet.
Yep, I felt like he was just reading the same shit I was reading (Shipping Soon) and giving me some bogus story.

Oh well.

JMY86

Went out this morning to look for some Switch goodies and found an A/C adapter and extra Joy-Con at Wal-mart. They still had 3 BotW Special Editions, but nothing else. Apparently only got 14 in that they could sell and had a line of over 40.

Went to Target after and found my Guardian Amiibo. It was about 8:10 and there were just a few people still checking out. Took a look behind the counter and they still had a decent stack of maybe 10 - 15 Switches left and no one else waiting for them. So for my Amazon friends getting screwed, you might want to try your hand at Target.

I dug my car out from 6 inches of snow to check and see if could find a charge grip somewhere. Target was out but I snagged the last charge grip Walmart had. Just waiting on my Switch delivery should be before 12pm though.

Damn this charge grip cord is not very long but it will have to do...

Sylas

I've still not got any idea what's going on (Amazon gave my order a USPS tracking number but sent it to another warehouse) but at least I got a free month of prime and a 10% refund...?

Fodder76

My switch shipped from Best Buy and arrived in the city I live in late last night. I wake up this morning to see that the delivery date has been moved to MONDAY.

I called UPS, asked if I can go pick it up from their local facility. They said 'Best Buy doesn't allow that'. I asked why it isn't being delivered on Saturday instead. 'Best Buy doesn't pay the extra shipping costs that allow for delivery on Saturdays.

I don't doubt that the primary fault lies with UPS, but the impression I get is that Best Buy packages take a back seat to other packages because they pay less for shipping.

After calling Best Buy they basically said, 'Yes, everything UPS said was true. Sorry! Deal with it!'.

Really surprising relative to my experience with Amazon, which always has them bending over backward to make things right. Rethinking my decision to move a lot of my business over to Best Buy lately.

atomsk

Party Pooper
amazon just shipped and now says tomorrow by 8pm.

I fucking swear if this is because I had a different order for a book my dad wanted and they insisted on packing them together...

rec0ded1

03/03/2017 7:34 A.M. Out For Delivery

Xrz8dh7.gif

amazon just shipped and now says tomorrow by 8pm.

I fucking swear if this is because I had a different order for a book my dad wanted and they insisted on packing them together...

I would reach out to their support chat about it. The reply I got was "I am sorry about the delay. I will co-ordinate with the carrier to get this done before the end of the day today"

So, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here and hope I get it by tonight.

PSFan

My switch shipped from Best Buy and arrived in the city I live in late last night. I wake up this morning to see that the delivery date has been moved to MONDAY.

I called UPS, asked if I can go pick it up from their local facility. They said 'Best Buy doesn't allow that'. I asked why it isn't being delivered on Saturday instead. 'Best Buy doesn't pay the extra shipping costs that allow for delivery on Saturdays.

I don't doubt that the primary fault lies with UPS, but the impression I get is that Best Buy packages take a back seat to other packages because they pay less for shipping.

After calling Best Buy they basically said, 'Yes, everything UPS said was true. Sorry! Deal with it!'.

Really surprising relative to my experience with Amazon, which always has them bending over backward to make things right. Rethinking my decision to move a lot of my business over to Best Buy lately.

Wow, Amazon delivers stuff to me on both Saturdays and Sundays at no extra cost. That's why they are always my first choice for getting games and stuff, especially preordering for release day. I'm a Prime member as well.

Spy

My Amazon order says it's arriving today by 8 pm via Dynamex. The thing that struck me as odd is it never said it's out for delivery and when I plugged the tracking number on the Dynamex website, it says...

Expected By Mar 4 - 10:00 AM PST

I am going to be very angry and vocal in complaining to Amazon if that's the case.

Amazon said my Switch and all my Zelda amiibos may have been delayed. Got a Push Notification from Amazon about it being delivered at like 5:30pm but the notification was no where in my history and amazon still said delayed on the site. Ended up getting home with the box on my doorstep! Ended up with it 7 hours early which is awesome! Unfortunately BotW was not there with it, so I picked up I Am Setsuna and Shovel Knight (for the 3rd time) on the eShop.

el_jefe

Neo Member
My Amazon order went from shipping now to shipped with tracking number, says delivery on Mon according to amazon. F u in the ass with a giant rusty metal spoon Amazon! lol

Myups account isn't working at the moment so can't check there.....argh

My friend went to the midnight release at Gamestop last night and just sent me a picture of his Neon Switch, Pro controller, and the BotW ME... and here I am checking on my Amazon order every half-hour to see if it's even gonna ship today...

Feels fucking bad.

Zarth

My Amazon order went from "Preparing to Ship" to "Shipping Today" still says its coming by 8PM today which seems kind of unbelievable.

They've put the pending charge on my card though so if its not actually on the way good lord.

Big Brett

Was posting a lot before about being nervous about Amazon. I cancelled my orders of BotW SE and Switch, and went to Target to get the same thing at about 8:30 am this morning. Won't be dealing with Amazon for a console launch ever again.

atomsk

Party Pooper
talked to amazon, not much I can do besides wait till tomorrow. seems like ordering a book for my dad fucked things up because they wanted to group the orders. told the CS they need to stop doing that with launch day hardware.

there's a slim chance the walmart order I made for my friends may still show up today, so basically I'm unboxing whatever gets here first.

Amazon finally got the Switch shipped out...

...but it'll be here tomorrow. That really sucks but what can you do 😔 least work won't feel like eons anymore

Lkr

Amazon updated and now it says it's coming tomorrow...I am gonna call and threaten to cancel prime but it's my aunts account anyway and I'm not gonna cancel. Wtf can I get from them for the inconvenience? I'm thinking about demanding they refund me immediately and cancel it. Are there punishments to charging back on Amazon? I feel scammed
I already bought a switch elsewhere but this is horseshit. It said it was arriving tomorrow for the past few days. Finally at the local usps as of this morning but my mail already came today. Great work Amazon

Amazon finally got the Switch shipped out...

...but it'll be here tomorrow. That really sucks but what can you do 😔 least work won't feel like eons anymore

Mentioned before, use the Customer Service chat and let them know. I simply told them for the past week it said it was expected to ship out on March 1st for arrival on March 3rd, but it did not ship out until this morning with now an ETA for tomorrow. The woman stated that they will reach out to the carrier to make sure I receive my shipment before the end of the day.

Worth a try at least.

Top Bottom