• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

x3sphere

My Anazon order that was in preparing for shipment all day yesterday just shipped and is arriving Saturday.

Glad they're getting it to me before monday, but really not sure why they kept saying it would come today up until the last minute.

Wayoshi

My Anazon order that was in preparing for shipment all day yesterday just shipped and is arriving Saturday.

Glad they're getting it to me before monday, but really not sure why they kept saying it would come today up until the last minute.

Same. Also coming in the same package with Zelda and a case accessory.

Honestly I think they're swamped, so I'll take this.

Lkr

Same. Also coming in the same package with Zelda and a case accessory.

Honestly I think they're swamped, so I'll take this.
If it hadn't just been sitting there "prepping for shipment" for multiple days with the repeated guarantee it would be here by 8pm I wouldn't mind. But I shop at Amazon for the service. Don't guarantee it and then change at the last second and think it's okay.

ecurbj

Well shit, I was not expecting to walk in to Target and leisurely buy a Zelda SE.

But after Amazon cancelled my ME, I'll take it.
Dude!!! I'm so glad I saw your post just now. Not only did I want this edition but I was literally getting ready to leave Target. Glad I turned back because they had 4 locked away and only at this Target that's near where I live.

Kudos, mate.

Now to return the standard edition to Best Buy.

semisonic

Banned
Switch pre order just got delayed until April. Are you kidding me right now? I have multiple friends that picked one up IN STORE, and they can't even honor a pre order for a full month? They won;t let me cancel because they say it's preparing. I'm absolutely livid. This is unforgivable. They're holding my 300 dollars hostage for a full month and not even giving me the thing I paid for.

Sylas

Switch pre order just got delayed until April. Are you kidding me right now? I have multiple friends that picked one up IN STORE, and they can't even honor a pre order for a full month? They won;t let me cancel because they say it's preparing. I'm absolutely livid. This is unforgivable. They're holding my 300 dollars hostage for a full month and not even giving me the thing I paid for.

Have you tried canceling by contacting their Customer Service? That's pretty bullshit if it's delayed for that long.

Smellycat

wtf

That is totally unacceptabe

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Just got off Amazon chat. They said that, due to the high volume of orders for this item, not all order statuses have been updated but that the console had in fact been shipped out and is still scheduled to arrive today.

You know, I 100% believe this and have even seen it in the past, but I still find it baffling that they can fulfill Harry Potter orders at exponentially higher numbers, and not dissimilar weights and packaging, or millions of containers of Tide and Cat Litter, every single day, without a peep of tech/billing mystery. Maybe their computer system is a hyped up fanboi.

Jeff-DSA

Just a friendly reminder...in your excitement to get an accessory or two, don't buy the Insignia case. It's the worst case for any console or handheld that I've ever seen. A total failure of design.

IcMhHyW.jpg

Carlisle

My Best Buy order of Zelda and Pro Controller just arrived, but no change on the Amazon Switch order. It has said "Now Shipping" since about 8:30 EST this morning. I'm in eastern PA, about an hour from NYC... and I think there's a warehouse within an hour from here too. But unless their tracking system is hosed and it's actually out for delivery, I don't see this getting here today.

Has anyone whose Amazon order didn't ship until today received theirs?

RedRumy3

My Best Buy order of Zelda and Pro Controller just arrived, but no change on the Amazon Switch order. It has said "Now Shipping" since about 8:30 EST this morning. I'm in eastern PA, about an hour from NYC... and I think there's a warehouse within an hour from here too. But unless their tracking system is hosed and it's actually out for delivery, I don't see this getting here today.

Has anyone whose Amazon order didn't ship until today received theirs?

same here mine still says now shipping lol

i went into bestbuy and picked up my zelda special edition and they had switch there to buy i should of just bought a neon one when i was there :'(

Sylas

You know, I 100% believe this and have even seen it in the past, but I still find it baffling that they can fulfill Harry Potter orders at exponentially higher numbers, and not dissimilar weights and packaging, or millions of containers of Tide and Cat Litter, every single day, without a peep of tech/billing mystery. Maybe their computer system is a hyped up fanboi.

Amazon and Nintendo have a notoriously rocky relationship as far as I remember. I got an answer from a rep finally and my order got delayed because they had an issue getting BotW in. Dangit.

which store?

Call you credit card company, explain the situation and they will give the money back, and deal with the store themselves. I have done that before

Carlisle

Maybe it's a hangover from the S3 outtage? That only seems to be affecting Switch orders? Maybe? Please?

alf717

I think at this point Amazon is full of crap. Everyone is getting a different answer from them. They just dropped the ball and are being unprofessional about it. Prove me wrong Amazon...

Jeff-DSA

Oh, my Best Buy had quite a few Pro Controllers available last night. I would guess that they had 30-40 extras beyond what had been preordered.

sleepnaught

Glad the Zelda Special Editions are readily available. Good to know everyone who wants one should be able to get one. I can't wait to unbox mine when I get off work.

11redder

Just got notification from Amazon that Botw finally shipped but won't be here til tomorrow. (It was at the shipping soon stage since early yesterday afternoon).

Gonna head out and see if I can pick a copy up locally - my Switch is scheduled to arrive in a few hours and I don't want to wait any longer to play Zelda.

Hm I ordered the console and Zelda separately, but still on the same day, so they're probably shipping together. Hopefully that doesn't cause any issues

Seems like a lot of people I've talked have had the Switch + Zelda shipped in the same box together but the status of the delivery on Amazon still says shipping now/preparing for shipment for one of the items.

does the SE Zelda case come with a screen protector?

If not, what is the best one I can get now?

Nah it doesn't. But I picked up an official screen protector today for 7.99. I think that's the same one they packaged in the official case + protector combo. I don't have my switch yet to try it on but there aren't too many options and this one was cheap enough.

AntMurda

Just picked up 4 from Best Buy. I pre-ordered one, and they had 5 consoles left for walk ins. I got and extra 3 just like that for co-workers.

Rizific

My Amazon order says it's arriving today by 8 pm via Dynamex. The thing that struck me as odd is it never said it's out for delivery and when I plugged the tracking number on the Dynamex website, it says...

Expected By Mar 4 - 10:00 AM PST

I am going to be very angry and vocal in complaining to Amazon if that's the case.

mine is also being delivered from dynamex and also says the same thing when tracked. ive had multiple deliveries from dynamex when buying from amazon and using same/next day delivery. and my stuff from them usually comes first thing in the morning *fingers crossed*

Zarth

Just got off with Amazon Support and they told me that even though it does not appear to have shipped yet I am still scheduled to receive it on time by the end of today.

He said he put in an expedited request.

Not sure if any of it is true or not, we're talking less than 12 hours to ship and deliver now.

Couleurs

Just a friendly reminder...in your excitement to get an accessory or two, don't buy the Insignia case. It's the worst case for any console or handheld that I've ever seen. A total failure of design.

Oh wow, that is garbage. Wonder how they managed to get the size so wrong?

AntMurda

Just got off with Amazon Support and they told me that even though it does not appear to have shipped yet I am still scheduled to receive it on time by the end of today.

He said he put in an expedited request.

Not sure if any of it is true or not, we're talking less than 12 hours to ship and deliver now.

My Amazon Switch says arriving today. It was charged. But no actual tracking number is live.

My order still says preparing for shipment arriving today by 8pm..when they do same day delivery what carrier does it?

Same situation here.

Camjo-Z

What the fuck? My Pro Controller that was supposed to come Tuesday is now in the same box as my Switch that was supposed to come today... and they're arriving Monday?

Someone's getting an earful for this shit.

Sylas

Seems like a lot of people I've talked have had the Switch + Zelda shipped in the same box together but the status of the delivery on Amazon still says shipping now/preparing for shipment for one of the items.

Zelda seems to be the culprit with Amazon. It sounds like they just didn't get enough copies in from Nintendo.

Etzer

No Switch, but UPS dropped off Zelda a few minutes ago.

I'll be pretty disappointed if I ordered as soon as it went up 3:00 AM, only for it to not arrive on the "guaranteed" date.

Arriving today by 8pm
Preparing for Shipment

It's not even for me. It's a gift for 12 year old who's been hyped for months. :/

Top Bottom