• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Kaiken

Banned
Just called my local GameStop which is doing a midnight opening. I do not have a pre order and was trying to figure out how many extras they will have. She told me she only received 1 extra grey unit and 1 extra neon unit. Two extra units total.

Really regret not pre ordering. (Trying to buy at GameStop because I have 200 dollars in credit there.)

Get there first thing Thursday for the 6pm pre-order tally. You'll be able to snag one of them.

bumpkin

I hope the HORI Touch Pouch I preordered from Amazon makes it to me by the Monday after launch, I really want a good solid case to bring my Switch to work with me in. The official Nintendo one looks nice, but it reminds me of the official case for the PS Vita which was nothing more than a soft pouch.

I'm trying to decide which travel case to get for my Switch. Would appreciate some feedback on what you all think is the best quality at a non-ridiculous price. I hate ordering things like this online because the pictures they use look great but when you see it in real life it looks like it cost about 25 cents to make and looks nothing like the picture.

Second, are you going to use a screen protector or you going bareback? Older gamer here trying to keep up the trends of you young folk.😀

I hope the HORI Touch Pouch I preordered from Amazon makes it to me by the Monday after launch, I really want a good solid case to bring my Switch to work with me in. The official Nintendo one looks nice, but it reminds me of the official case for the PS Vita which was nothing more than a soft pouch.

Can you provide a link to the one you got and then also the official Nintendo version. I couldn't find the Nintendo version on Amazon.

Chronos24

Anyone's WalMart preorder for store pick up still say "undefined" by whatever date? Mine does. Has anyone's changed from that to an actual pick up date?

Anyone have the standard edition of breath of the wild pre ordered from Amazon, with no release date in the order history. Everything else has a release date except that?

kwabi

Does anyone have any experience with having the carrier hold the package at the delivery center for personal pickup (Specifically with Best Buy)? Which delivery service do they use?

I'd like to pick up my Switch, Zelda, and 1-2 Switch from the delivery center on the morning of 3/3 instead of waiting for it to ship to my house. I'm leaving for a trip in the late morning and would love to bring the console with me if possible!

Futureman

They'll allow you to purchase the extra units at 6pm but I'd get the much earlier to make sure you're first in line for it.

6 pm? I asked at my local Gamestop and they told me they'll have 4 Switches for first come/first serve and to come for the midnight launch at 10 pm.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
This may not be the thread for this, but I didn't want to create a new thread for it since I don't know/think it should have one.

Did people know that Best Buy (U.S.) has this for pre-order?
First 4 Figures - Nintendo Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Link 11" Premium Collectible Figure - Blue/Brown/Black/Tan - $89.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/first-4...-blue-brown-black-tan/5731031.p?skuId=5731031

5731031_sd.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

5731031cv11d.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

nickerous

They'll allow you to purchase the extra units at 6pm but I'd get the much earlier to make sure you're first in line for it.

Ok, is this just a wink, wink, nudge, nudge gotta be there to buy it kinda thing at 6pm? Just got off the phone with a gamestop that said any extra units are first come, first serve at 12:01 am. Knew nothing of any 6pm purchase options...

I joined the Switch bandwagon extremely late so I am now just learning the smaller, intricate details so bear with me. Does the Switch have the ability to stream to Twitch and/or Beam built into the system like my Xbone and PS4?

e_i

Preordered:

Switch
Zelda
Charging grip
Case
Pro Controller

I wonder if I need an extra charger, or will a Anker 2.4V charger and USB-C cable suffice?

Just called my local Gamestop at my mall in Nashville. They won't be doing a midnight launch due to being in a mall, so the preorders will be available for pickup at 10am the next morning. They said they'd have a few walk-in units, so I plan on getting to the mall at like 6 or 7 am in order to get in line for a walk-in unit.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Nintendo hasn't made any mention of selling the Switch without the dock in the future I assume? My wife will eventually want one of her own (right around the time an Animal Crossing and/or Style Savvy game releases, I would assume) but since we only have one TV in the house we won't need a second dock.

It has a screen capture button?

That's where I'm a bit confused. I noticed the share button so I just assumed I could broadcast straight from my Switch like my Xbone but it sounds like that share button is restricted to just screen shots. Don't take that as a fact or even an alternative fact because I haven't confirmed it.

nikos

Anyone know what happens if a payment fails for a Best Buy preorder? It failed when I initially preordered, but I immediately corrected it. Had the pending charge, which dropped as normal.

The security code and expiration date has on my card has since changed. If it fails again, will I have another chance to enter the correct information?

Called Best Buy but the rep was not very clear on anything.

wvan13

Anyone know what happens if a payment fails for a Best Buy preorder? It failed when I initially preordered, but I immediately corrected it. Had the pending charge, which dropped as normal.

The security code and expiration date has on my card has since changed. If it fails again, will I have another chance to enter the correct information?

Called Best Buy but the rep was not very clear on anything.

As an employee, what I would do is probably this. I'd see that this is your order, prove it was you, etc. Card is changed, so I'd check with a manager. If they approved, I'd just straight up sell you that unit on your new card, and cancel your order. So as far as records were concerned it'd be like you were a walk-in who just purchased it.

If you get any trouble picking it up and they give you some BS about not being able to help, ask if they can cancel the order and just sell you the unit that has your name on it.

Edit: This is assuming it's an online order you're going to pick up, which for your sake I hope it is. If it was something being shipped to your house, then unfortunately I have no idea.

That's where I'm a bit confused. I noticed the share button so I just assumed I could broadcast straight from my Switch like my Xbone but it sounds like that share button is restricted to just screen shots. Don't take that as a fact or even an alternative fact because I haven't confirmed it.
It's a screen capture button that will be updated later on to share game footage also.

Since the Pro Controller comes with its own USB C to A charging cord, what wall charger is recommended that I can charge it and the Switch in handheld form?

Kaiken

Banned
Ah got ya. I get done work around 3:30. So wonder if going at 4 would give me sufficient time

Worth a shot. I'm sure if you ask an associate when you get there they will let you know what your possibilities are.

6 pm? I asked at my local Gamestop and they told me they'll have 4 Switches for first come/first serve and to come for the midnight launch at 10 pm.

Ok, is this just a wink, wink, nudge, nudge gotta be there to buy it kinda thing at 6pm? Just got off the phone with a gamestop that said any extra units are first come, first serve at 12:01 am. Knew nothing of any 6pm purchase options...

You'll get a number to que up for the Midnight release. Those numbers are handed out at 6pm for peeps that pre-ordered. I'd get there just in case to see if you can still pre-order the extra units they'll receive.

I was going to swap my Grey for the extra Neons they were going to get and was told by a Gamestop associate to come in at 6pm the day before (Thursday) to switch my order if they did receive them.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Oh man, it just occurred to me that now that I have a notebook computer (previously only owned desktops) I can pick up something to stream online via Twitch or similar.

So today I tried my first attempt at going to my Wal-Mart and trying to learn their launch plans so I can make sure I get my Switch. Keep in mind I put 10% down for a pre-order on January 22nd...

Wal-Mart pre-order update #1:
I walk up to Customer Service and I said I was there to maybe put more money on my Nintendo Switch pre-order, and learn their launch plans. She gave me a puzzled look and said I need to go to Electronics. So I go to Electronics and the girl I spoke to back there said I needed to go to Customer Service. I told her that they told me to go to Electronics. So she looked at my receipt and said that I can come any time on Friday and that it will be put on layaway for me.

Do I trust this information? No. So I'll check back around Wednesday. Hopefully they will have their Switch stock by then, which I believe is when they will actually make their plans.

Top Bottom