• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

My wife preordered Switch at GS and renewed my Powerup Pro membership. It doesn't look like the preorder purchase gave my any points, even though she paid in full. Will I get the points when I buy the system?

Points show after a finalized transaction. Essentially, the funds are only on hold until everything is processed at the register upon official release. So, in a nutshell, you don't get the points until 24-48 hours after the system is in your hands.

Bsigg12

Heads up for those checking Walmart stock via Brickseek!

It isn't clear at this point if Walmart stock quantities are including preorders or not, so keep that in mind.

They do.

They don't have separate SKUs for preorders and just pull them into layaway when they come in.

I'm trying to figure out what size sd card I should get. Do you guys think that 128gb would be enough?

If you're going all digital, I'd say you should at least go for a 200gb card. However, if you're going to be doing a mix of digital and physical, 128gb should last you for a while, at least through next year.

If you're going all digital, I'd say you should at least go for a 200gb card. However, if you're going to be doing a mix of digital and physical, 128gb should last you for a while, at least through next year.

Yeah I've been thinking about going for a mix of physical and digital for this.

MegamanNG

Neo Member
Had mine preordered since January and finding that some people already got theirs by Nintendo pisses me off.

To let everyone know, I am a Nintendo Brand Ambassador and I didn't get one. So I stare and watch in envy and anger seeing everyone else who's all high and mighty get it. It sickens me.

When I get it, I'll rant at Nintendo for dropping the ball on me and I wasn't the only one. Several others didn't and it just upsets me. I share their pain. I truthfully do.

modsbox

Yeah I've been thinking about going for a mix of physical and digital for this.

Same boat here. Thinking of going primarily physical, but I'm sure I'll want to download certain titles that I know I'll play again and again on and off. So for example I'm buying Zelda physical, since I will only rarely replay it later, but will buy Ultra Street Fighter II digital since I kind of just want to always have it on there when I feel like playing it for a while.

As far as size goes, both the 128gb and 200gb cards are about the same cost per gb so long as you find a good deal on the 200gb one. Amazon and Best Buy prices are high on the 200gb card right now, but Adorama and B&H have it for $70. That's almost the same cost per gb as good 128gb cards are at $40 ($.35 per GB versus $.3125). Given that, I'd go with a 200gb card if that price difference now isn't a big deal knowing you're paying the same cost per gig.

If I didn't already have a 128gb lying around I'd buy a 200 now. To me that feels like a pretty large difference in size for the same cost per gig, and given that most games are going to be around the 10-20gb range with the occasional outlier at 32gb should be enough to hold basically everything for quite some time. Another thing to consider is if you have any use for a micro sd card besides your Switch. If you don't have anything else you'll use it for, I'd go with a bigger card now... since whenever you upgrade for more space down the line you won't have a use for the smaller gb card anymore.

Had mine preordered since January and finding that some people already got theirs by Nintendo pisses me off.

To let everyone know, I am a Nintendo Brand Ambassador and I didn't get one. So I stare and watch in envy and anger seeing everyone else who's all high and mighty get it. It sickens me.

When I get it, I'll rant at Nintendo for dropping the ball on me and I wasn't the only one. Several others didn't and it just upsets me. I share their pain. I truthfully do.

Yo I'm a 3DS Ambassador how do I get one early?

Smellycat

I am trying avoid the Zelda preview thread and Edge review thread like the plague. But I really like reading those short tidbit twitter impressions. Can anyone link me to some? Pleaaaase

lol

So Gamestop was charging credit cards today apparently. Did anyone get a "confirmation" that their charge went through okay? I haven't yet.

So Gamestop was charging credit cards today apparently. Did anyone get a "confirmation" that their charge went through okay? I haven't yet.

Yeah, I get alerts from my credit card company when there's a transaction over a certain amount, and I got one for my preorder from Gamestop today.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Older Zelda amiibos worth it for Breath of the Wild? Walmart has the 8 bit and Ocarana ones for half off.
Not really, except for wolf link which summons wolf link into the game (without the amiibo you can still get a companion but it won't look like wolf link). The others just give out mats I believe.

9VYUIK3.png

kaydigi

Any truth to the rumor about I am Setsuna being $19.99 on the eshop?

I'm going to need a $100 eshop card for Setsuna, Shovel Knight, Fast RMx, sniper clips. Then I'll get Zelda and 1 2 physical from Best Buy.

I haven't seen a pre order for NBA 2K 17, I would to have that on the go asap.

tootie923

So my Zelda Switch will arrive on March 3rd from Amazon US, and then my Neon Switch and Pro Controller are arriving on the 6-7th from Amazon Japan. It will be nice staring at a useless piece of plastic and pretty box art all weekend.

Smellycat

So my Zelda Switch will arrive on March 3rd from Amazon US, and then my Neon Switch and Pro Controller are arriving on the 6-7th from Amazon Japan. It will be nice staring at a useless piece of plastic and pretty box art all weekend.

My Zelda order is arriving on March 3rd from Amazon

My pro controller is arriving on March 3rd too from Best Buy

My Switch console is arriving March 7th-10th from Target :\

Snaku

Banned

My Switch and BotW will be delivered on Friday, and I'll be leaving that morning for a field study and won't be back till Sunday night. :/

BFIB

Stopped by my GameStop today just to see what they had so far. Lots of display boxes, and there were a few coming in asking if there were any preorders left. The guy working said they are expecting their shipment of systems over a two day span this week and will have "20 or so" to purchase outright.

This is just outside St. Louis, so it looks like if you don't mind camping out, you may be in luck. Midwest always gets a lot less than most.

ColdPizza

Banned
Not really, except for wolf link which summons wolf link into the game (without the amiibo you can still get a companion but it won't look like wolf link). The others just give out mats I believe.

I missed the Wii U era. What are these and what will they do for BOTW?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I missed the Wii U era. What are these and what will they do for BOTW?
Little figurines with an NFC chip on the bottom that you can tap on Wii U/Switch controllers to activate content/boosters in game. For Breath of the Wild, all the Zelda figures (Amiibo) spawn either crafting mats and a weapon (old Zelda Amiibos), Wolk Link skinned companion (Wolf Link Amiibo), or high lv weapons (new BotW Amiibo). All of this stuff can be earned in game without the figure, the figure just lets you spawn it on demand without doing anything other than tapping the figure on the controller.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1CfFnLoiLqk
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=58tq7aCOFqk

enoki

Is this fresh copypasta?

Zacillac

Neo Member
Anyone have an idea of when BestBuy will charge my card again for my switch and Zelda pre-order. Both are orders for pick up on the 3rd.

I'd definitely like to know this too! Except mine are for shipping (saying that my console, pro controller, and Collector's Edition Zelda will be here on the 2nd(? - doubting it'll be here that day but would be cool))

LTTP on this purchase, but is anyone seeing they can't pre-order the neon joycons at Best Buy? It's not saying they're unavailable and it lets me add them to the cart, but when I try to check out I get an error every time:

"Sorry, our system just had a hiccup. Please close this message and try again" Instead of anything about OoS.

Smellycat

LTTP on this purchase, but is anyone seeing they can't pre-order the neon joycons at Best Buy? It's not saying they're unavailable and it lets me add them to the cart, but when I try to check out I get an error every time:

"Sorry, our system just had a hiccup. Please close this message and try again" Instead of anything about OoS.

Yes, I tried to do that a week ago, but it turns out that they are neither available for shipping or pick up at store ATM, so you can't preorder them

Pigs

Awesome... Gamestop just cancelled my order. My bank decided to send me a new card and it switched over right when Gamestop tried to bill me. I called customer support and the guy was a jerk and was just like it's not our fault. He said he will escalate it and they will call me back, but I doubt they will do anything. I don't know why they couldn't just email me or call me with the phone number I gave them when I ordered it when the payment didn't go through. I could have fixed it in like 10 seconds.

Also I ordered a memory card and Amazon delivered it to the wrong house and they said there was nothing they could do about it until Monday afternoon. This has been a real bad week for me when it comes to ordering stuff online.

JMY86

Yes, I tried to do that a week ago, but it turns out that they are neither available for shipping or pick up at store ATM, so you can't preorder them

I have been trying to order a joycon charge grip for days and I keep getting this error message. Thanks for the info...

Ugh, my credit card thought my GameStop preorder was suspicious activity. Now that I've taken care of that on my end, does anybody know if there's anything I'll need to do aside from replying to GameStop's email with "RESOLVED" to make sure I still get this on launch day?

I'm in the same boat. Had to call my bank and tell them that it was a transaction I authorized. My bank "reset" my card and I replied back to the GameStop e-mail I received. Just waiting now.

This happened to me earlier today, too. I did the "RESOLVED" thing. Haven't heard back.

WadeitOut

Hey guys, is there some sort of general consensus on if changing the shipping address on an Amazon US order causes possible cancellations?

I am trying to help out some Gaffers but I don't want to try having it shipped directly from Amazon only to have it cancelled.

Smellycat

Awh. Ahwell. Will try and grab some after launch (lol).

I have been trying to order a joycon charge grip for days and I keep getting this error message. Thanks for the info...

The good thing is that the preorder button is still available, which means that they should be restocking their inventory. Otherwise, the page would say "coming soon" like the page for the console itself. So, keep an eye on the items you want and periodically refresh the page when you get a chance.

Best Buy recently restocked the pro controller for 3-4 hours, before it sold out again.

Glassboy

Hey guys, is there some sort of general consensus on if changing the shipping address on an Amazon US order causes possible cancellations?

I am trying to help out some Gaffers but I don't want to try having it shipped directly from Amazon only to have it cancelled.
You're fine as long as you are not abusing it. Like using it it for tons of people and different addresses. I've never had any issues shipping stuff to friends and family

Any recommendations for a screen protector?

I pre ordered a tempered glass protector:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9RG3XS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Are these better than the traditional protectors? I like to buy hori and they have a $10/$20 screen protector but it seems like the $20 is just a thicker heavier duty one.

Right now I have
Switch console (paid in full)
Zelda (pre ordered at BB with visa checkout deal $37)
1-2 switch (paid in full)
Bomberman ($35 paid)
Binding of Isaac (paid in full)
Has been heroes($5 down)
Hori hard case on amazon

Pretty lucky with the flips and good trade credit with GameStop running the 50% bonus quite often. I wouldn't have bought half this stuff otherwise.

I'm considering cancelling Issac and getting a charging grip or a pro controller if I can find one. I will cancel Bomberman if reviews are bad.

JMY86

The good thing is that the preorder button is still available, which means that they should be restocking their inventory. Otherwise, the page would say "coming soon" like the page for the console itself. So, keep an eye on the items you want and periodically refresh the page when you get a chance.

Best Buy recently restocked the pro controller for 3-4 hours, before it sold out again.

Thanks. I will keep checking the website and hopefully get lucky, it really is ridiculous that the standard grip has no charging capability...

Top Bottom