• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

charpunk

How strange, I was under the impression walk-ins would be able to buy from Best Buy at midnight.

Has anyone else heard something like this?

Would be the first time I've seen a Best Buy not allowing walk ins during a midnight console launch. I worked there for every console release since the 360.

Flandy

my friend has breath of the Wild master sword edition, and a Gray Switch. She never got an email from GameStop about being charged. But on her banks website there is a pending charge that says $0 from GameStop. It's been that way for 6 hours. Does this not seem normal?

Wonder why it says pending and is $0. This is usually typical when a company just wants to make sure there is money in the bank. But I thought GameStop was actually charging orders today.

Lastly, is there anyone here who has pre orders with GameStop, and hasn't been charged yet today?

my friend has breath of the Wild master sword edition, and a Gray Switch. She never got an email from GameStop about being charged. But on her banks website there is a pending charge that says $0 from GameStop. It's been that way for 6 hours. Does this not seem normal?

Wonder why it says pending and is $0. This is usually typical when a company just wants to make sure there is money in the bank. But I thought GameStop was actually charging orders today.

Lastly, is there anyone here who has pre orders with GameStop, and hasn't been charged yet today?

Could clear after midnight. Sometimes that happens with pre-orders on items I have made.

Everyone who ordered a Pro Switch Controller off Amazon have a delivery of March 6th or 7th?

Kinda bummed I am not going to get it on launch day, but I can wait a few days. I contacted Amazon support chat and they said it was just an estimate, but I am seeing conflicting reports looking at other responses people have gotten.

Pokemaniac

So, it looks like sending the RESOLVED email to GameStop fixed the issues with my order. I got two emails from them after that, one acknowledging the RESOLVED email I sent, and the other saying my order would no longer be on hold. Since I can see the pending transaction on my credit card now, it would appear that all is well.

Ratros

I've read they expect to have a huge supply there, so go for it.

Not that many things about living in NYC that I miss anymore, but the Ninty World Store is one.

Thanks! I think I will take my chances... I do regret not preordering a Switch - I thought the launch lineup is poor and would like to wait for a few months before making the purchase, however Zelda appears so great in all these previews and I just cannot resist any more.

Lgndryhr

Definitely excited for Thursday night to get here. Have my Gray Switch, Zelda, and Pro Controller paid for store pickup from Best Buy. Also bought the DLC for Zelda. Outside of that I'll wait on accessories and such once I start using it.

truongt

Neo Member
was anyone able to get there hands on a preorder of the pro controller? does anyone know if there will be more released on launch day?

Zacillac

Neo Member
was anyone able to get there hands on a preorder of the pro controller? does anyone know if there will be more released on launch day?

I got my preorder for the pro controller through Best Buy a while back. I'm sure there'll be some in store as well though.

ColdPizza

Banned
I didn't preorder because I want to see this build some more games in the library, but on the off chance if I see one while I'm out and about at the store I'll probably pick it up.

ncslamm

Pops up on Best Buy every now and then. You should be able to walk into a store on launch day and get one. I don't think they're going to be as rare as everyone thinks.

schaft0620

I can sell my Amazon preorder. Unfortunately I was told by customer service that if I change the shipping address there is a 50% change the order will be cancelled. So, I am not going down that route.

I will receive the Grey Switch Console on Friday and I can ship it that day.

OR

If any gaffers live in CT or the New England area need one, we can meet up on 03/03 after I get the console. Shoot me a pm if you are interested.

Very funny, CT here but flying to CA tomorrow for a week. Hope to get one there.

Pigs

So, it looks like sending the RESOLVED email to GameStop fixed the issues with my order. I got two emails from them after that, one acknowledging the RESOLVED email I sent, and the other saying my order would no longer be on hold. Since I can see the pending transaction on my credit card now, it would appear that all is well.
I wonder why they put your order on hold. They just straight up cancelled mine instead.

Chumley

Banned
Anyone think any stores would have a Pro controller in stock on Friday? Never thought a controller would actually have no pre order availability in the week before launch but here we are.

Pops up on Best Buy every now and then. You should be able to walk into a store on launch day and get one. I don't think they're going to be as rare as everyone thinks.

Well that answers my question I guess. I'll make some calls Friday, hopefully I luck out.

Solidsnake32292

Neo Member
Also had a charge for $299.99 from Walmart about an hour ago.

Is there a chance of it being shipped early? Feeling doubtful as it says delivered by march 9th.

Pokemaniac

I wonder why they put your order on hold. They just straight up cancelled mine instead.

My card info was valid, the transaction was just declined because the bank thought it looked shady. They probably give a second chance exactly for scenarios like this.

Stopped by my gamestop to ask them if they are doing a midnight launch. The clerk there was apparently new, she said she knows there will be a midnight launch but wasn't aware of the specifics. She mentioned something about going before 6pm on March 2nd for pre-register and then 9pm they give out the consoles.

Anyone know if that sounds about right? Or is this something different per store?

Stopped by my gamestop to ask them if they are doing a midnight launch. The clerk there was apparently new, she said she knows there will be a midnight launch but wasn't aware of the specifics. She mentioned something about going before 6pm on March 2nd for pre-register and then 9pm they give out the consoles.

Anyone know if that sounds about right? Or is this something different per store?

They're incorrect. I'm sure they'll get clairication this week, but it's local time. Says on their own website.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/NintendoSwitch-Zelda/

Our doors will open 9pm in most locations, but check with your local store for opening times. This title will be available for pick-up at 12:01am LOCAL TIME on 3/03.
Nice freakin' avatar BTW.

The Ummah

Banned
Silly me. I was convincing myself around official pre-order time to lock one in but never actually went through with it. A big part of me is OK with this, as I can score one around the fall/winter time...but that hype...HOOOOOO lawd, the hype is getting to me.

Lgndryhr

Will fast rmx get a physical release you all think? Always hesitant to buy digital games but want a racer. Hard to pass at that price. Will get Redout physical version when it comes out too.

Will fast rmx get a physical release you all think? Always hesitant to buy digital games but want a racer. Hard to pass at that price. Will get Redout physical version when it comes out too.

None of the games in the Fast series have released physically in the US, so I'd say no. I also wish it was getting a boxed edition because I played it and it's great.

spock

Appreciate any clarification from folks with personal experience on applying amazon credit to a pre order. I've seen some mixed posts on this, if I apply amazon credit to my pre order is there a chance I'm going to screw my 3/3 delivery or get some whacked out date change? Are folks calling in when they apply amazon credit? Not making other changes, just lessening the charge card hit a bit with some gift cards.

And haha thanks, one of the best games ever! Would kill for some kind of port to the Switch. Nice username btw!

Considering SEGA and Nintendo's relationship (and their support for the Vita handheld), I sure hope that's in the realm of possibility. No region locking really helps keep optimistic.

I spoke to someone at my local GameStop today and heard something similar. I didn't hear anything pre-registering, but he did say they were selling the consoles at 9 PM, but you wouldn't be able to leave with it until midnight. Would like more clarification on the pre-registration, though.

Well theres a Walmart in South LA thats going to have 300 gray and 35 neon... it opens at 6am and I have Friday off. any news of a Thursday Walmart midnight release? Id much rather just pick it up at 6am.

I spoke to someone at my local GameStop today and heard something similar. I didn't hear anything pre-registering, but he did say they were selling the consoles at 9 PM, but you wouldn't be able to leave with it until midnight. Would like more clarification on the pre-registration, though.

My local gamestop said they are selling and handling all monetary things starting at 9pm and then passing everything out at midnight. I am excited. I have my console coming from Amazon but my games from gamestop.

Malus

Ooh, brickseek is starting to show some stock in my local area. Gonna try a 24 hour Walmart at midnight, finally preordered Zelda. Shit guys it's starting to feel real.

I am wondering if I could get a Switch on launch day at Nintendo World NYC.... There is a midnight launch event and logically speaking there will be some inventory for walk-ins right?

I've read they expect to have a huge supply there, so go for it.

Not that many things about living in NYC that I miss anymore, but the Ninty World Store is one.

I'd be kinda bummed (sorta) if that's the case because since I have a birthday next month I originally wanted to attend like whatever event Nintendo NYC would be doing just as a little fun thing to do. Once I had seen people already on line to preorder Switch like the day before that Jan 12 presentation I said screw that and just opted for GameStop.

BFIB

Friday I am getting off work, running home and bringing the boxes in, letting our dogs out, going to get our kid and then coming home and playing until I pass out.

All I have to do is get up at some point to go see Logan Saturday.

My local gamestop said they are selling and handling all monetary things starting at 9pm and then passing everything out at midnight. I am excited. I have my console coming from Amazon but my games from gamestop.

Nice, hopefully I can secure my Switch at 9!

Jealous of you guys getting to play it on midnight. Us Amazon folks will have to wait a couple more hours, hopefully sometime in the AM.

I have Zelda preordered on Amazon, so I'll be waiting too. I might download Snipper Clips to play around with at midnight, though.

SamNW

Posted this in B/S/T, but thought it might be relevant here, too. I'm trying to do something a bit more unconventional than just selling the pre-order:

I want to sell my grey Switch + BotW after I beat BotW. Would essentially just be charging cost: $300 Switch+$60 BotW+approx. $35 tax+approx. $10-20 shipping = approx. $410.

Reach out if you're interested.

Top Bottom