• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Biting at the bit as I countdown to Friday

Switch console (paid in full)
LoZ: BotW Special Edition (ordered via GS.com, got charged today)
Pro Controller (paid in full)
Loz: BotW Amiibo {Rider, Archer & Zelda} (paid in full)
Zelda Play & Protect Screen Protector/Skins (paid in full)
Premium Nintendo Switch Case - Zelda Theme (paid in full)
Nintendo Switch LAN Adapter (ordered on Amazon.com)
Hori Play & Charge Stand (ordered on Amazon.com)
Imuto 20000 mAh Power Bank (Amazon, already on hand)
USB Type C - USB A Cords 5pk (Variable lengths 1ft to 6ft, already on hand)
SanDisk microSDXC 128GB (ordered on Amazon, already on hand)

gwiz210

Had mine preordered since January and finding that some people already got theirs by Nintendo pisses me off.

To let everyone know, I am a Nintendo Brand Ambassador and I didn't get one. So I stare and watch in envy and anger seeing everyone else who's all high and mighty get it. It sickens me.

When I get it, I'll rant at Nintendo for dropping the ball on me and I wasn't the only one. Several others didn't and it just upsets me. I share their pain. I truthfully do.
Boo hoo buy it like the rest of us.

Pigs

Man, I am in a bit of a pickle....

I have 2 Nintendo Switch preorders (better be safe than sorry).

1 from Amazon and 1 from Target.

The one from Amazon is arriving Friday, and the one from Target is arriving on 03/07

The thing is... the Amazon order was my back up order in case something goes wrong with my Target order. I am paying $320 for the Amazon order, but I am paying $270 for the Target. I am thinking I can wait for the Target order (save $50 dollars), even though I have to wait 4 more freaking days, even though I will also get Zelda on Friday..... and I will be off for the next 3 days after that

BUT, I don't want to cancel my Amazon order. I would rather have someone from GAF get it. But I am not sure if I can change the shipping address on the order without it glitching on me and cancelling the order.

I'll buy the Amazon order from you. I'm waiting to hear back from GameStop to see if they will restore my preorder they cancelled on me, but I have a feeling they won't. They are supposed to call me today.

Bsigg12

Had mine preordered since January and finding that some people already got theirs by Nintendo pisses me off.

To let everyone know, I am a Nintendo Brand Ambassador and I didn't get one. So I stare and watch in envy and anger seeing everyone else who's all high and mighty get it. It sickens me.

When I get it, I'll rant at Nintendo for dropping the ball on me and I wasn't the only one. Several others didn't and it just upsets me. I share their pain. I truthfully do.

Does your uncle work for Nintendo? You should probably call him and complain.

NMFried

Figured I'd do a final roundup before the big day.

GameStop (Local)
Switch Console (Grey)
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
1-2 Switch

Amazon
Switch Console (Grey, for a friend)
Zelda: Breath of the Wild (for a friend)
JoyCon Charging Cradle

Will be downloading Snipperclips! and I Am Setsuna, assuming there are no eShop issues.

Got my credit hold resolved and the order is being processed. whew

Wonder if those charging grips will go up for preorder again or if I have a chance to walk to my GS and just snag one

SeanR1221

Zelda hype has gotten to me and I'm now kicking myself for not preordering. Called a couple local gamestops and they said they'd get 1-2 extra systems 😩😩😩

daffy

Banned
Man, people scalping Switch stuff like crazy on the GAF buy/sell forum. Makes me sad. Bad gamer karma.
Yeah i peeked in there and peeked right out. They're clearly taking advantage of the confusion and fear of not having a Switch day one.

Got my Switch and Zelda set for preorder from Best Buy. Scheduled to be sent to my brother's house due to my frequent travel schedule for work.

If I manage to find the console in-store closest to me, I can get him to return my order. Otherwise, I can get him to ship it to my next stop.

It's not that deep fam

Just got off the phone with my local Best Buy. They said they couldn't tell me how many Switch's outside of preorders that they're getting but that it "will be a big launch, much bigger than the NES mini" and that if I get there at 7am on the 3rd, I'll be pretty much guaranteed to get one. With that being said, I plan on showing up at 6am. Only preorders will be able to get them at midnight and they will open up at 9am to sell to walk-ins. Also should be plenty of Zelda's available. This store is located in Chandler, AZ if that helps anyone.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Just went to Gamestop to put in another pre-order for BotW on the Switch. I have it ordered through Amazon right now along with my Switch, but I am losing faith that I will get them on launch day, which would be a huge bummer since I am already taking work off that day. Never pre-ordered a console from an online retailer before, and I am pretty worried about getting the damn thing on time.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Meanwhile for Bestbuy.com orders
im-still-waiting-vozzm6.jpg

ACE 1991

This probably impossible to know ahead of release, however if I wanted to get a switch a month or so after release do you think Nintendo is gonna get stocking right? Not holding my breath.

This probably impossible to know ahead of release, however if I wanted to get a switch a month or so after release do you think Nintendo is gonna get stocking right? Not holding my breath.

For some reason, I feel like it's going to be easier to try your luck picking one up on launch day without pre order, than it is to wait a month or 2.

Hell the nes classic is still a pain to find. Though it seems I see notifications that it's in stock a bit more.

My Amazon order went from Arriving Fri. March 3rd to Arriving Friday. The closer it gets the more excited I am, I was considering cancelling but I'm glad I didn't now. Hope Zelda is worth the price of admission...

ACE 1991

For some reason, I feel like it's going to be easier to try your luck picking one up on launch day without pre order, than it is to wait a month or 2.

Hell the nes classic is still a pain to find. Though it seems I see notifications that it's in stock a bit more.

Hmmm, I see. Want to know what I'm getting back from tax returns so I think I'll just wait and test my luck.

Smellycat

I can sell my Amazon preorder. Unfortunately I was told by customer service that if I change the shipping address there is a 50% change the order will be cancelled. So, I am not going down that route.

I will receive the Grey Switch Console on Friday and I can ship it that day.

OR

If any gaffers live in CT or the New England area need one, we can meet up on 03/03 after I get the console. Shoot me a pm if you are interested.

Vitacat

My Amazon order went from Arriving Fri. March 3rd to Arriving Friday. The closer it gets the more excited I am, I was considering cancelling but I'm glad I didn't now. Hope Zelda is worth the price of admission...
What is your threshold for being worth the price?

If it's 11/10 review scores, then you may want hold off. So far it only got a 10/10. ;-)

Ibuki

Banned
Just got off the phone with my local Best Buy. They said they couldn't tell me how many Switch's outside of preorders that they're getting but that it "will be a big launch, much bigger than the NES mini" and that if I get there at 7am on the 3rd, I'll be pretty much guaranteed to get one. With that being said, I plan on showing up at 6am. Only preorders will be able to get them at midnight and they will open up at 9am to sell to walk-ins. Also should be plenty of Zelda's available. This store is located in Chandler, AZ if that helps anyone.

How strange, I was under the impression walk-ins would be able to buy from Best Buy at midnight.

Has anyone else heard something like this?

Kimawolf

Gamestop charged me for my Switch and Zelda today. Now waiting on Amazon for Bomberman. Will also pick up Fast RMX racing as its available launch day. Can't wait!

Bullshit, they Always do midnight release for both preorders and walk in. If they do midnight release, they will do for both. I have done ps4, Wii u and Xbox one at bestbuy and it was always like that

Ryoku

I've used this one for Smash on my Wii U and haven't had a problem with it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00484IEJS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'll probably end up getting a gigabit one since my internet is much faster now.

Kevin

After having my Zelda Master Edition canceled by Amazon, I was forced to order a regular copy as that is all that is left. Ordered from Wal-Mart.com. Says it will arrive by March 3rd. Really hope it does.

Is Wal-Mart reliable with this sort of stuff or should I order a physical copy from somewhere else?

ducksauce

So is anyone buying just to play Zelda with no intentions of buying any of the announced games, not even later stuff like Mario?

If I bought one this is kind of where I'd be. I love open world games and Zelda looks amazing but it's the only thing I'm interested in on the system.

After having my Zelda Master Edition canceled by Amazon, I was forced to order a regular copy as that is all that is left. Ordered from Wal-Mart.com. Says it will arrive by March 3rd. Really hope it does.

Is Wal-Mart reliable with this sort of stuff or should I order a physical copy from somewhere else?

You can go to a store on Friday and buy it and save from worrying.

Ratros

I am wondering if I could get a Switch on launch day at Nintendo World NYC.... There is a midnight launch event and logically speaking there will be some inventory for walk-ins right?

Vitacat

I am wondering if I could get a Switch on launch day at Nintendo World NYC.... There is a midnight launch event and logically speaking there will be some inventory for walk-ins right?
I've read they expect to have a huge supply there, so go for it.

Not that many things about living in NYC that I miss anymore, but the Ninty World Store is one.

Top Bottom