• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Kevin

Looks like my Pro controller is about to ship so at least that is something. My system still says arriving March 3rd as well (that is on Amazon) and who knows about Zelda. I ordered a copy off of Wal-mart.com after Amazon canned my Master Edition and pulled preorders for the vanilla copies.

sadromeo

Must be a West Coast SoCal thing..I didnt think our orders would prepare for shipping til at least Tuesday at the earliest but when I started seeing posts from people who said their orders are preparing for shipping(And some already shipped) thats when I started checking

Exactly, me too. Once I saw the activity here I checked. Although I am glad I am not the only one in the situation, it still has me paranoid but hopeful it will get itself sorted out for all of us. I have a feeling I will be until I have the switch in my hands.

Laker fan here too ;)

FZZ

Banned
Exactly, me too. Once I saw the activity here I checked. Although I am glad I am not the only one in the situation, it still has me paranoid but hopeful it will get itself sorted out for all of us. I have a feeling I will be until I have the switch in my hands.

Laker fan here too ;)

I'm just wondering why it's neon only that hasn't started preparing yet

Grey seems to have started preparing and people got charged for it

:/

Well, all my stuff says it is preparing...except the pro controller that I missed out on :(

What (do you guys think) are the chances I'll be able to go out and get one on launch around 8-10am? Not planning on going to any midnight launches but may reconsider if it will net me a pro controller.

Well, all my stuff says it is preparing...except the pro controller that I missed out on :(

What (do you guys think) are the chances I'll be able to go out and get one on launch around 8-10am? Not planning on going to any midnight launches but may reconsider if it will net me a pro controller.

Get to a Target well before open, since most other retailers will have midnight launches or be 24 hour stores.

kahi

I'm just wondering why it's neon only that hasn't started preparing yet

Grey seems to have started preparing and people got charged for it

:/

Haven't been charged for my grey yet, not to worried yet though, distro center is 2ish hours from my house, and it's seems to be a common occurrence on launches for things

Otnopolit

Did BOTW leak or something? I just noticed the SPOILERS thread title has been updated for even more warnings lol

Not sure, but I know the thread creator was given feedback that his original title wasn't blatant enough about the S P O I L E R S, so I'm guessing a Mod just got around to saving our (my) virgin eyes.

enbred

Banned
Did BOTW leak or something? I just noticed the SPOILERS thread title has been updated for even more warnings lol

I figured the reason for that was that some people clicked on the thread without noticing spoilers in the title and freaked out and complained about it, so mods changed it to make it very clear and prevent accidental spoiling.

Just a guess, never clicked on that thread. Been avoiding all Zelda media for a while now, don't even want to see anything from the old trailers.

im super surprised that the 200gb micro sd card has been sold out from amazon.com for prime shipping. I thought for sure " no way that could sell out, i'll buy a little before switch comes out". Nope sold out. Went with the 128gb

Decided last minute that I may get a system after all since I have a lot of GameStop credit saved up. I hope I don't have to wait too long to get one. XD

Laker fan here too ;)

Us Laker fans gotta stick together..even with Magic, WOW this team just straight up BLOWS right now..gonna be a long few years :(
For some reason the Neon switches dont budge..must be a neon switch thing, or a West Coast thing..oh well as long as it ships I dont care..they called me from my local gamestop a few days ago since I was on their wait list, she said they will have more available on Friday and if I want one they will hold one for me..of course I prefer best buy since I already have it pre ordered from them but will see what happens

I think this is true. I just checked an old statement and I was charged for my PS4 Pro on 11/9 (it released 11/10).

So yeah, in-store pick-up folks, no need to panic yet. It's too soon to panic in general, I mean yeesh, we're still five days out.

I just want to make sure everything is OK with it. I had a hold for the full amount on my card for awhile, it's since dropped off. The order currently says "Awaiting Authorization." I assume everything is fine, but I've also heard horror stories about Best Buy with orders like this. I don't want to be disappointed at the midnight launch.

Speely

Banned
Anyone have experience with same-day delivery from Gamestop? I am kinda nervous about it... I HAVE to be at work on Friday so got it delivered there. If I have to spend that weekend without BotW I might not make it.

Not sure I should be worried about this, but my Switch, Zelda, and pro controller from BB are all listed as "preparing" (they were placed as three separate orders) - however, only the controller and Zelda orders are showing as charged on my credit card.

vibbon

Neo Member
Not sure I should be worried about this, but my Switch, Zelda, and pro controller from BB are all listed as "preparing" (they were placed as three separate orders) - however, only the controller and Zelda orders are showing as charged on my credit card.

I'm starting to think I'm getting way too anxious that my pre-order might get cancelled from BB. After reading your post, I went to the website and my Switch and Zelda pre-orders are both still marked as "processing" and I haven't had my card charged. Are your's pick up at store orders? That's what I have mine set to since I get off at 9 Thursday and BB is on my way home. :3

I'm starting to think I'm getting way too anxious that my pre-order might get cancelled from BB. After reading your post, I went to the website and my Switch and Zelda pre-orders are both still marked as "processing" and I haven't had my card charged. Are your's pick up at store orders? That's what I have mine set to since I get off at 9 Thursday and BB is on my way home. :3

No, mine are being shipped. Fingers crossed.

sadromeo

Us Laker fans gotta stick together..even with Magic, WOW this team just straight up BLOWS right now..gonna be a long few years :(
For some reason the Neon switches dont budge..must be a neon switch thing, or a West Coast thing..oh well as long as it ships I dont care..they called me from my local gamestop a few days ago since I was on their wait list, she said they will have more available on Friday and if I want one they will hold one for me..of course I prefer best buy since I already have it pre ordered from them but will see what happens

Always smart to have a backup!

All I know is, I will be spamming that Best Buy page waiting for the my switch shipping status to change.

Laker fan for life here. Always have been. Rebuilding under Magic. I believe in Magic.

Chorazin

Every single one of my Amazon pre-orders says Preparing for Shipment, even shit coming out in six months.

Don't get excited about that just yet....

Effect

Does anyone know when Best Buy usually charges for in-store pick up preorders? The day before it releases or a few days before? Also after you're changed and it's ready can you still cancel via online or do you have to go into the store?

I still have a Best Buy order that I no longer need but still kept because of the weirdness with Amazon. Was originally for a family member but then became a backup. However if Amazon ships everything on the 1st like they're scheduled to I can just free up the Best Buy items. However trying to avoid being charged for everything. If it comes to that oh well. I've moved enough money in to cover the charge, especailly since it would be temporary but if I can avoid it that would be great.

wowzors

Gamestop are being.massive twats and won't let me cancel my pro controller preorder, it's ridiculous, you can't convince me that they started prepping it last Friday and that i have to get it then return it. Nonsense.

Gamestop are being.massive twats and won't let me cancel my pro controller preorder, it's ridiculous, you can't convince me that they started prepping it last Friday and that i have to get it then return it. Nonsense.

I tried to cancel my switch and pro controller 2 weeks. They told me no and i would have to return it to a store when i received them to get a refund. Blew my mind.

Kevin

I tried to cancel my switch and pro controller 2 weeks. They told me no and i would have to return it to a store when i received them to get a refund. Blew my mind.

I stopped supporting GameStop many years ago and then I see stuff like this which reminds me why I am glad NOT to support this shit-tier company. The stuff they do should, quite frankly, be illegal.

Parham

Banned
Every single one of my Amazon pre-orders says Preparing for Shipment, even shit coming out in six months.

Don't get excited about that just yet....

Yeah, I wouldn't get too excited until it actually ships. This is what one of my open orders on Amazon looks like:

ZQDvNzt.png

Was thinking about cancelling my preorder of the Charging Grip. Is charging the joycons gonna be a hassle without it? Don't actually know how they charge. :?

Effect

I'm not going to breath a sigh of relief with Amazon until I see things shipping out on the 1st and I get a tracking number for my orders. My orders say the right things but you never know.

DMONKUMA

If you're doing in-store wouldn't you be charged on the pick-up day wouldn't they? Items being shipped should be starting to be prepared.

hwy_61

Banned
Was thinking about cancelling my preorder of the Charging Grip. Is charging the joycons gonna be a hassle without it? Don't actually know how they charge. :?

My understanding is that they charge when they're connected to the switch then the switch connected to a power source. So, maybe plug the switch into a tablet brick when playing on the couch or something?

Does anyone what what type of shipping method to expect from Amazon with their release day shipping, I know if they use UPS overnight I should receive the switch before noon.

Noctilum

I went to Toys R Us to inquire what they are doing for Switch since I have tons of gift cards for them. They said no pre-orders and no midnight launch. They only got 4 in for launch day but are supposed to get another shipment Saturday.

Does anyone what what type of shipping method to expect from Amazon with their release day shipping, I know if they use UPS overnight I should receive the switch before noon.

Depends on when it ships. Most Amazon pre-orders are shipped via UPS Ground, but they may ship Switch units at the last minute by Next Day Air.

hwy_61

Banned

Most if not all my Amazon packages get delivered by contracted couriers. Dynamex is the company Amazon uses for chicago/chicago burbs. It's all over the place with those people. They promise delivery before 8PM...so yeah that could suck for me.

Top Bottom